orange mock

our love is yellow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

orange mock

deceit

 

To outsiders, Seulgi and Sehun sitting at the back of the library in the research section, surrounded by open books may seem peaceful, calm, angelic even. In reality, Seulgi was trying her best not to strangle the beanpole’s head. Despite the two hours they spent there, they barely had enough research to last a page, no thanks to Sehun. He would skim the page, complain that it was boring as , and proceed to scroll around on his phone.

 

Seulgi thinks she should get an award for putting up with him.

 

Or a pickaxe. Either was acceptable.

 

When Seulgi looked up from her book, Sehun, who was sitting across from her, had his eyes closed and head slightly tilted as he dozed off. Annoyed, Seulgi kicks his leg and watches as he jolts awake.

 

“Sorry, was our project cutting into your naptime?”

 

“Yeah, a little,” Sehun rubs his eyes and stretches his long arms. Seulgi rolls her eyes at him as she takes out her folder from her backpack.

 

“Since you’re clearly not in the mood to do research, at least do something else for me. I need someone to take this survey for my statistics course,” Seulgi pulls out a sheet of paper and slides it in front of him.

 

Sehun makes a face of disgust and slides it back to Seulgi, “No, thanks.”

 

“They’re just simple questions. Why won’t you ing take it?”

 

“I’m allergic to math,” Sehun states with a straight face.

 

Seulgi replies in disbelief, “They’re not even math questions!”

 

Sehun’s phone buzzed, diverting his attention, as new messages from Suho lit up the screen.

 

(3:46 pm) hey sehun! irene and i are going to that new club on michigan tonight

(3:46 pm) you in?

(3:47 pm) sure

(3:47 pm) cool bring a date

(3:48 pm) and a nice girl this time

(3:48 pm) irene is still scarred by the last girl you brought on our double date

(3:49 pm) hey it’s not my fault she was a psycho drunk!

 

Sehun places his phone back on the table as he drummed his fingers on his knee in thought. Suho and Irene, the two lovebirds, were always inviting Sehun to new places, but to avoid being the awkward third wheel, they always told him to invite a date. Obviously, none of them worked out.

 

Sehun feels a slight pang of guilt. The last double date was a disaster. He had brought some girl from the psychology department––who knew she would be an actual psycho?––who got too drunk too fast and made a huge scene at the bar, rambling some foreign phrases and singing at the top of her lungs. It had not been a karaoke bar. And she puked on Irene in the ladies’ room. Needless to say, the three of them wanted nothing more than to forget about that night.

 

Sometimes, at the most random moments when Sehun was tossing and turning on his bed, he could still feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter