white chrysanthemum

our love is yellow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

white chrysanthemum

truth and loyalty

 

Seulgi is not sure why she’s so nervous. It’s not like she was excited to see Sehun or anything. She tells herself it’s because of Suho and Irene. Yeah, that’s it. I’m meeting campus royalty today.

 

When she sees the club’s name, big and bright, with tons of people lining up outside, she tells the Uber driver to pull over to the side. She spots the beanpole leaning at the side of the building, scrolling on his phone. After thanking the driver, she smooths out her dress and slowly makes her way to Sehun.

 

Perhaps it was because Seulgi was always quite boyish, but she was not used to wearing skintight dresses. Wendy had insisted for her to wear this black mini-dress with thin straps to accentuate her curves. Seulgi was also clad in black knee high boots to elongate her legs (at least she had gotten out of the 6 inch stilettos Wendy had been pressuring her to wear – Seulgi would rather not make a fool out of herself).

 

Seulgi’s soft curls fell nicely down her back as she brushed a couple of loose strands behind her ear. Once she approached Sehun, she had to take a second not to gawk.

 

He cleaned up very nicely. It was as if he was a completely different person from the guy in the library. His black hair was slicked back and he looked expensive in a crisp black button-down and slacks.

 

Seulgi cleared to get his attention. Sehun looked up immediately and almost choked when he saw the woman before him. He never imagined Kang Seulgi in a tight black dress would be so attractive. Before he could say anything, Seulgi asked, “Should we go in?”

 

“Oh, um, yeah, we should,” Sehun rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. Oh, um, yeah??? Oh Sehun, why are you acting like a doofus? He wanted to facepalm himself.

 

He led the way to the entrance, told the bouncer their names and was let in right away.

 

Seulgi was amazed. They were being treated like VIPs. “How did you do that?”

 

“Suho knows some people,” Sehun answered and gestured for her to follow him. They were led to a balcony on the second floor. Seulgi was trying to bask in everything she was seeing. The club was extremely fancy, with shiny black floors and high ceilings. Speakers were in every corner with an elevated stage on the main dancefloor for the DJ. There was also a huge screen behind the DJ with the club’s logo flashing brightly. The balcony was wide and overlooked the main floor. There was a private bar next to the luxurious couches and Seulgi could spot Suho and Irene sitting in the far corner.

 

“Wow, I would never be able to afford this,” Seulgi let out unconsciously, but it was left unheard due to the loud chatter and background music. Sehun approached Suho and the two followed up with a bro-hug. Irene was smiling as her eyes shifted to Seulgi. She walked towards her, “Hi, I’m Irene!”

 

“I’m Kang Seulgi,” Seulgi tried her best to mask her nervousness. The rumors did not do her justice – Irene was even prettier than how people described her.

 

“So Seulgi, what do you do?”

 

“I’m an art student and I work at a floral studio part-time,” Seulgi answered.

 

Irene’s eyes lit up in amusement. “Wow, an artist and a florist?” She turned to Sehun. “I like her!”

 

Was Seulgi imagining things, or was Sehun blushing?

 

Seulgi proceeded to introduce herself to Suho (she noted he had the firm handshake and professional introduction down to a T) and the four spent the next hour conversing about random topics. Irene was already acting like they had known each other for years, holding onto Seulgi’s arms and telling her inside jokes. Suho was extremely friendly, albeit awkward with the jokes at times. At least Irene laughs at them. The two were really made for each other.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter