yellow carnation

our love is yellow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

yellow carnation
you have disappointed me

 

(8:26 am) did you get my message?

(8:27 am) i really hope you can help me

 

Seulgi has been staring at her phone for the past ten minutes, reading and re-reading the texts that she has memorized what was on the screen by heart. Granted, she shouldn’t have opened it in the first place. It would’ve been better if she had deleted and blocked his number and written off his existence in her life.

 

Yes, that’s what she should’ve done.

 

But no, she was weak. She was too embarrassed to admit that she had a string of hope that the message was something along the lines of getting back together.

 

Seulgi could only sigh at her pathetic situation as her co-worker, Wendy, walked into the floral shop. Wendy rose an eyebrow at Seulgi’s sullen expression, glancing at her phone to see what she was looking at.

 

“That Gunho is still keeping in touch with you?”

 

“Wendy,” Seulgi whined as she placed her phone on the counter. “He wants me to make his engagement bouquet.”

 

Wendy could only scoff as she patted the heartbroken girl’s back. It hasn’t even been half a year and Seulgi’s ex already found a potential marriage partner? It was like he was purposefully trying to win the biggest jerk award. Wendy felt nothing but sympathy for her co-worker. Seulgi didn’t deserve to meet a guy like him--one that repeatedly treated her like a maid, always getting her to cook and clean at his dorm--but the world was unfair. And the worst part is, Seulgi was too blinded by love to realize how terrible he was.

 

“Just ignore him,” Wendy advised, taking Seulgi’s phone and deleting the messages for her. “Pretend you’ve never seen it.”

 

Just when Seulgi was about to reply, the bells rang at the door and the two girls turned their attention to the front. Wendy scowled when she saw who it was, but the person didn’t mind. He was too busy looking at Seulgi.

 

“Gunho,” Seulgi walked up to her ex. “What are you doing here?”

 

Gunho was a tall and skinny guy who wore a little too much black for Wendy’s liking. He was also a smoker despite Seulgi’s efforts to continuously get him to quit. Wendy wasn’t really sure what Seulgi saw in a guy like him, but she figured he was a great sweet-talker.

 

“I wasn’t sure if you got my message,” Gunho smiled at her and held onto her arms. Wendy only rolled her eyes at his att

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter