jeno V

Walk You Home | Nomin

010518


When the food arrived at their table, Jeno could see the look of amusement on Jaemin's face. The ramen was split into two bowls, one for the soup and one for the noodles including other toppings. This was unusual for Jeno, he had never seen anything like it before. He looked at his food, trying to figure out which way it would be the easiest for him to eat. Jaemin reached out and grabbed the chopsticks from Jeno's hands as Jeno glared at Jaemin in turmoil. Jaemin used the chopsticks swiftly and picked up two strands of noodles dipping them into the soup.

"Ahh"

-"Ahh"

Jeno chewed on the food Jaemin had fed him with and savored every inch of flavor. The noodles were cold whilst the soup was warm. It tasted like miso and its consistency was slightly thicker than usual ramen broth.

"Is it good?"

Jeno nodded as Jaemin proceeded to feed him another few strands of noodles.

"What did you order?" Jeno asked, wiping some soup away from the corner of his mouth. 

"The usual,"

           "Sapporo ramen with chicken"

-"That sound's good"

"It is"

The sounds of slurping were evident in the empty restaurant. The culprit was Jaemin. He was enjoying his ramen soundly and somehow managed to slurp without droplets of soup flying all over the place.

That's talent.

Jaemin lifted the bowl to his face, drinking the leftover soup before placing the bowl down again. A satisfied sigh was heard as he smiled cunningly at Jeno. Not more than ten minutes had passed since they had received their food and Jeno was still only halfway through his portion.

"Want me to help you with that?" Jaemin pointed at Jeno's ramen.

Wanting to give in, he decided to refuse Jaemin.

"These are mine"

Jaemin faked a cry and made himself comfortable on his seat, sipping on his soda. Mr. Noh walked over to their direction and casually grabbed Jaemin's empty bowl before heading behind the curtains only to come out again seconds after with what looked like a refill.

"Thanks, Mr. Noh"

-"Why are you thanking me?"

           "You never do that"

Jaemin hushed at the older male. Mr. Noh shifted his focus to Jeno, looking excited at the new face.

"How's the food?"

Jeno's mouth was full. He had given up on only eating two strands at a time and tried out a random amount to see if it would work. Jeno managed to muffle out a few words answering the question.

-"Iss delicious"

         "ssank yuu"

Jaemin laughed as Jeno continued to eat.

He was too focused on the food, completely oblivious to the obvious stares coming from the other male. Even Mr. Noh noticed and went over to Jaemin, mouthing him something Jeno was unable to read.

He continued on eating for another 15 minutes, finishing at the same time as Jaemin who had taken it slower on his second portion. They paid for their food, getting a small discount from Mr. Noh, which was something Jeno was quite appreciative over. He only had a small sum to use each month and he did his best to limit his purchases to be able to save up as much as possible.

They both walked out of the restaurant, the small clock ringing behind them as the door closed. Jeno took a moment to stretch out, his body feeling tired but also energized by the delicious food.

"I'm so full," he said as he tapped his tummy.

-"You remind me of my grandad when you do that"

Jeno gave Jaemin a small slap on his bicep, as Jaemin took a step away laughing at the boy's reaction.

"Shut up"

--

Jeno's weekend was spent mainly at the dancing studio, all his studying was done at night in between sessions of watching dramas.

He woke up Monday morning feeling energized and ready to get the day over with. He met up with Jaemin on the bus and they followed each other to school, having a small talk on their way. They met Lucas at Jeno's locker and walked to class together. It seemed like nobody talked about Jaemin anymore and Jeno was glad. He had noticed how uncomfortable Jaemin had locked the previous days, obviously not wanting the attention. All because of a stupid reason.

He was chatting with Lucas before class started.

"Why were they acting like that last week?" Lucas asked, nodding at the rest of the class.

-"They were in awe"

            "Just like you"

It took a moment for Lucas to realize what Jeno was talking about. Jaemin's smile was so unusual for everyone, nobody had seen it before, nobody had noticed it before. Which surprised Jeno when he heard people commenting about it in class. They were not talking bad about Jaemin, not at all. Some seemed jealous, but most were just surprised.

"Does he never smile?"

-"Apparently not"

"What a pity"

He agreed with Lucas.

The teacher came in and Lucas ran back to his seat, everybody shut their mouths.

"Good morning class,"

              "I have an announcement to make"

Everybody shifted in their seats. Announcements were rare, so hopefully, this one was good.

                        "We're going on a field trip next week"

Cheers came from the student's mouths, everyone seemed excited about the upcoming trip. This was their first field trip, so even Jeno felt a tang of excitement.

                                        "It's a joint field trip, so all classes from the grade will participate"

                                                  "I will give the class representative a paper you all have to fill up by Thursday"

                                                                 "Remember to hand it in!"

Everyone shouted "yes" simultaneously and as the teacher left the room, they all stood up and went to collect their papers. Lucas had grabbed a paper for Jeno as well and walked over to hand it to him.

"Did you hear that?"

-"Hear what?"

"The entire grade will be participating"

               "Jaemin is part of our grade"

Jeno's face lit up. For some reason, he had completely forgotten that. A field trip with Jaemin. That sounded fun.

"You guys gotta remember that I'm here too"

             "I don't want to become the third wheel"

-"What are you talking about" he hit Lucas slightly on his stomach, his face red with embarrassment.

"You know what I'm talking about" Lucas winked at Jeno before walking back to his seat. 

Jeno hid his face in his hands. His cheeks were hot, Lucas was becoming too much for him.

Why am I even friends with you?


me looking for the gay

      peek a boo i see you

 

also, a shorter chapter but yaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll it's gonna become cute soon c:

-A