jaemin VI

Walk You Home | Nomin

130518


The bus ride felt longer than the amount of time it actually lasted. Jaemin couldn't sleep at all, no matter how hard he tried to half lay, half sit comfortably it just wasn't possible for him. He was lucky that his class had the last bus. This meant that he had time to sleep and pack his bag in the morning before school.

He was placed next to Chenle, one of his classmates. He tried his best to ignore him, which wasn't necessarily hard since Chenle didn't try to talk back either. He was too busy talking to everyone else. When they had a break after a while, Jaemin decided to stay inside the bus. 15 minutes of sleep was better than nothing, and he could finally stretch his legs for the first time during the entire trip.

A few hours later, they had finally arrived. He stepped out of the bus and noticed how another bus was already there.

Which class?

He followed the rest of his classmates through the narrow path, noticing how the light was barely able to come through the thick layer of leaves surrounding them. They walked through the dark path for not more than five minutes before he, finally, saw some light at what looked like the end of the path. At the other side of the end was a huge cabin. It looked old but the perfect amount of old. It wasn't falling apart, it looked just cozy enough. The teacher coughed and Jaemin, as well as the other students, shifted their attention to Mr. Kim.

"You will share rooms with students from the other classes as well"

                   "Come pick up your room number"

Jaemin personally didn't have anything against this, this couldn't be said about some of the other students from his class. He walked over to Mr. Kim, who handed him a note which clearly stated the number seven.

As he walked inside, the cabin's interior completely took over Jaemin's mindset. It was over his expectations, not that he really had any, to begin with, but he suddenly didn't mind having the school trip anymore. As long as he was able to stay by himself as much as possible.

As he walked up the staircase he got eye contact with a familiar face.

"Jaemin!" the tall boy ran over to him, embracing him in a hug.

-"Hi Lucas"

"Which room did you get?"

Jaemin showed Lucas his note, in which Lucas began smiling widely. Jaemin looked at him in confusion but figured that it may have been because Lucas had the same number as him.

-"Are you in room seven too?" he looked up at Lucas.

"Nope," Lucas smiled widely before skipping away over to someone Jaemin couldn't recognize.

Jaemin stood there for a while. He still had to get used to Lucas walking away mid-sentence.

He headed over to the direction of his room, looking at the ground as he walked, ignoring every person he passed by. He reached the door and opened it slowly. There were already people there, as the sound of people talking inside the room was vivid and clear. He entered the room and peeked inside noticing how small the room actually was. Everyone was looking at him as he walked in. He bowed slightly, greeting everyone at once.

"I'm Jaemin," he said in a low voice, hoping it was loud enough for everyone to hear.

He looked up to see everyone waving at him, as well as the second familiar face of the day.

"Hi, Jaemin" Jeno waved at him, a small smile forming on his face.

Jaemin smiled back.

He looked back up at the others, four other boys whom he couldn't recognize. They greeted him back, none of them mentioning their names for some reason. He closed the door behind him and walked further into the room, now looking for an empty spot. It looked like all the beds were taken.

"Where is there a spot?" he asked the others, his voice still as timid as ever.

He glanced over at Jeno, whose face had turned red. Jaemin was not sure why.

"All the bunk beds are taken, so you have to share the double bed" one of the boys answered as he crawled down from one of the bunk beds. 

Jaemin was confused, he had not noticed any double beds and it took him a few seconds to realize which bed they had meant. His face turned as red as Jeno's as he glanced over to his direction and looked at the bed behind him. He understood Jeno's expression now. 

The other boys had gone back to do what they were doing before Jaemin had entered the room. He coughed to break the awkward atmosphere that was forming around him and Jeno like a thick cloud of smoke. He held the straps of his backpack tight as he walked over to his bed, squeezing more for each step he took. The boys were still looking at each other. Jeno shifted to the side, allowing Jaemin his space, breaking their eye contact when realizing that he had taken all of the bed space. Jeno was quick to move his things to the side, making space for Jaemin. Jaemin thanked him and proceeded to make the bed ready, unpacking his belongings.

"When did you arrive?" Jeno was the first to start a conversation, his hands in his pockets and one of his feet trampling the floor in an unsteady and quiet beat.

-"Around 15 minutes ago?"

Jeno nodded.

-"How about you?"

"Our class was the first to arrive, so a few hours"

-"Ah, I see"

They remained silent until Jaemin was done making his bed.

"Want me to show you around?"

-"Sure"

They walked out of the room. Jaemin followed Jeno around like a lost and curious puppy as Jeno pointed out all the things he had noticed about the place the few hours he had been there. The dining room was huge and could easily fit the entire grade. The kitchen was placed behind the dining room and was not allowed to be entered by students unless they had agreed to do so with a teacher. The cabin contained two living rooms, one with a fireplace which the teachers had surrounded with a fence for "safety issues", at least that was what it said on the laminated note taped on the fence, and one that could count as a library. The place was gorgeous and filled with warm brown and red colors. Jaemin loved it.

"Let's go outside"

Jaemin followed Jeno through the back door which was placed at the passage between the two living rooms. It was windless outside and the sound of birds chirping was somewhat noticeable in the background of talking teenagers. The cabin was accompanied by a great backyard which in the distance was blending with the forest. It was an open space with benches, stone passages and a few bushes as well as trees all closed inside and surrounded by the forest. A blank spot if seen from a bird's point of view.

"It seems like everyone's here" Jaemin pointed out.

-"Yeah, it's probably time for a joint meeting between all classes"

They walked over to the rest of the students, Jeno looking like he was searching for something.

"What are you looking for?"

-"Lucas and company"

Company? Who?

-"We met some new people earlier, they seemed nice" Jeno notified, as if he could read Jaemin's mind.

"Oh, okay"

Jeno began smiling. He grabbed Jaemin's wrist and began pulling him to somewhere.

"Jeno, Jaemin! Over here!" Lucas was waving at them, signaling them to come over.

He was together with two other boys, both whom he had never seen before.

"This is Mark," Lucas pointed at a light brown haired boy, lower than Lucas.

Mark waved at him showing off a rectangular smile.

"and this is Renjun" Lucas pointed at the other boy. He was lower than both Lucas and Mark but seemed to be almost the same height as Jeno. He had dark brown hair and his smile showed off slightly crooked teeth as he greeted Jaemin.

"I'm Jaemin" he smiled widely at the others feeling more confident than earlier.

--

The classes had been divided into different teams consisting of the different rooms. The teachers had created a treasure hunt which dealt with having to find small notes with English conjugations on them. To be able to complete the hunt, they had to write the correct tenses for each word after having found all 15 notes. People were enthusiastic after having heard that the price for the winning team was not having any cooking duties for the entire week. Nobody wanted to cook for hundreds of students, so everyone tried their best to complete the hunt as quickly as possible.

Jaemin and Jeno walked side by side contributing a little less than the rest of their team. They were up on 10 notes and still had half an hour left to find the last five.

"Let's split up for a bit and meet up here in 15 minutes" Chani, one of their roommates said.

Everyone agreed and formed their own pairs of two before separating walking their own ways.

"Let's try looking inside"

Jeno nodded at Jaemin's suggestion and they both headed inside.

People were mainly outside but a few had found their way inside, hoping for the chance to find the last few missing notes. They headed to the dining room and split, taking one end of the room each.

"Do you see anything?"

-"Nope"

"Maybe it's in the kitchen"

Jeno looked at Jaemin with a slightly shocked expression.

"I don't think we're allowed in there dude"

-"That's exactly why it's there"

Jaemin gave Jeno a mischievous smile before grabbing a hold onto the hem of his shirt, dragging him closer to the kitchen doors.

"I think it's locked"

-"Let's see"

Jaemin reached out to the handle and pulled it down, revealing an unlocked door. He looked at Jeno with a big grin on his face. Still holding on to his shirt, he forced Jeno into the dark room with him, then letting go of his shirt to look for a light switch. He the light letting the room become exposed to artificial light. The kitchen wasn't necessarily big, but it was white and monotone. It looked typical.

"Are you sure it's here?" Jeno sounded unsure and almost nervous.

-"We'll never know if we don't look"

               "Come help me"

"Okay"

Jeno took quick steps over to Jaemin and began helping him look for notes, the door closing slowly behind him.


jaemin is me sending love to each and every one of you <333

-A