jaemin VII

Walk You Home | Nomin

300518 


Jaemin clearly heard the words coming out of Jeno's mouth but wanted to make sure that he had heard correctly. He tried his best to distract himself from his nervousness by acting confident and cocky but the blush behind his cheeks was trying its best to come out.

"No"

Jeno turned his head and looked at the ground, Jaemin's eyes stayed glued on the boy and his face was decorated by a wide grin.

Jaemin didn't care about the reason behind the small talk. He had been over it for a while now and the cute mummers and whispers from Jeno had taken his mind even further away from it. Even the key which he was so desperate to find was now replaced by thoughts of the older boy in front of him. He wasn't quite sure which angle the thoughts were shown from. Which themes they were centered around. He wasn't aware and did not realize how his glare didn't shift away from Jeno.

Only when Jeno looked up did he notice. His confident side disappeared for a second and his cheeks flamed brightly as all the color became more vivid. His cheeks were hot and he was able to feel the heat. His eyes widened and he quickly moved his eyes from Jeno, not locking his gaze on anything but just staring around the room, ignoring the center of his visible bubble of sight. Right where he was sitting.

The artificial, white light created a spotlight everywhere in the room and no shadow was covering Jaemin's face. His cheeks kept on glowing as his confidence returned and he was able to move his look back to Jeno.

Jeno's facial expression was a mimic of Jaemin's earlier expressions. It was full on screaming "I saw what just happened".

"If you're not going to tell me, I guess that's just how it is then"

Not feeling like keeping the topic of conversation, Jaemin tried to change the focus on to something else.

"Now that I think of it,"

"I don't know any of your hobbies," he asked out of pure curiosity. Genuinely wanting to get to know the boy more. 

-"I don't really do anything interesting"

"Oh come on, there must be something" Jaemin was waiting in pure excitement as he watched Jeno hiding his face between his knees. He gave him some time to open up.

"I enjoy dancing" Jeno looked up from in between his knees, his gaze not fixed on anything in particular, but he had a small smile on his face.

"You must really like dancing, huh?"

-"Yeah, it's a nice way to de-stress and release everything"

"Can you show me?"

-"Maybe one day"

"Why not now?"

Jeno pointed to his side.

"Ah, yeah, right"

             "Forgot about that" Jaemin scratched the back of his neck.

Both suddenly focused on a sound coming from the other side of the door next to them. The sound of a lock being unlock was silent but loud enough for the boys to get their heart pumping. The door opened up and one of their teachers entered the room. His expression showed that he was not expecting the room to be occupied by anyone.

Jaemin and Jeno swiftly stood up, Jaemin extending an arm out for Jeno to hold on to.

"What are you kids doing here?"

Before the teacher could speak another word, both boys were fast out and rushing their way through the dining room and into the hallway. As they did so, Renjun was heading their way, noticing them.

"Where have you been?" Renjun turned his speed up and was standing in front of them in little to no time.

"The hunt is long done, we even finished dinner"

Jeno and Jaemin looked at each other.

"How long have we been gone?" Jeno asked.

-"I don't know, but it's been 20 minutes since we finished dinner and around an hour since the hunt"

             "Where were you even?"

"We locked ourselves inside the kitchen" Jeno admitted.

Renjun began laughing, startling both Jaemin and Jeno. He continued laughing and began coughing before he stopped.

"Are you okay?"

-"Yeah all good"

"Phew that was funny" he chuckled.

              "At least you're out now"

"Yeah" Jeno and Jaemin began walking away from Renjun, leaving him in a pit of chuckles.

They headed to their room, small steps up the stairs. Jaemin tried his best to take care of Jeno, walking as slow as possible, maybe even too slow.

"You know it's my side that's hurting right?"

-"Yeah"

"Not my legs"

--

They stayed in their room. Jeno was laying on his side of the bed whilst Jaemin was awkwardly shifting his legs on and off the bed. He wasn't sure if he should join and lay next to Jeno, on his own side of the bed still keeping their personal bubbles, or if he just stayed sitting on the corner of the bed.

Their roommates joined them ten minutes later. All of them looking surprised, and slightly pissed, when seeing Jeno and Jaemin. Chani was the first one to speak up.

"Where have you guys been?"

             "We've been searching for you forever!"

Jaemin remained silent and hinted at Jeno to take initiative to speak.

"We may or may not have locked ourselves in the kitchen"

-"You idiots"

They nodded at Sanha, one of their other roommates, remark.

"Oh well, we didn't win but at least you got out"

-"Yeah, the hunt wasn't even that fun anyways" added Jinyoung.

"But the food wasn't even that bad"

"How did they prepare it without using the kitchen?"

Everybody shrugged at Sanha's question.

The rest of the night was spent small chatting with each other. Jaemin didn't say much but he observed. Their roommates were called Chani, Sanha, Jinyoung and Sunwoo and they all seemed like nice people. Jeno had no problem conversing with them, which Jaemin made sure to follow on. All boys were the same age, Jinyoung and Sunwoo being the only ones from the same class, meaning that they were all new acquaintances with each other. This calmed Jaemin down. He had feared that they all knew of each other, making him have to join an already formed group. He was happy that that wasn't the case.

A knock was heard from their door at 11. One of their teachers walked in and began informing them that they had 45 minutes before all lights would be turned off. As the door closed, the six boys stood up from their perfectly round therapy circle, which they had formed in the middle of the room.

"I'm going to the bathroom first" Sunwoo grabbed what looked like a toilet bag from inside his bag and rushed out of the door.

"No need to rush" Chani mumbled, earning small chuckles from the rest.

"Let's go together to the bathrooms before they get occupied by others" Jinyoung suggested as he himself grabbed his own toilet bag and placed himself beside the open door, which Sunwoo was too busy to close. Jaemin grabbed his things and stood beside Jinyoung, waiting for the others.

They walked together to the shared bathrooms. Jeno and Jaemin were walking quietly behind the other three boys.

"How's your side?"

           "Does it still hurt?"

Jeno shook his head.

"I can barely feel it anymore" He smiled.

Luckily nobody, expect for Sunwoo, was at the bathroom's when they arrived. They headed inside and began doing their respective routines.

"Hello cheater" Sanha nodded at Sunwoo, earning laughs from the rest.

15 minutes later, they were all done and ready to head back to their rooms, which they did. Now sitting, or laying, on their own beds, they were all ready to head to sleep. Creating new energy for the new day awaiting them, despite the fact that the new day already had arrived. The lights were all off, causing them to sit in darkness, only lit by the flashlight coming from Jeno's phone. Small snores were coming from one of the beds, marking the fall of the first member.

"Sleep well, friends"

-"Good night" they all repeated.

Everyone shuffled around on their bed for a bit, finding the most comfortable position to sleep in. The only ones not doing so were Jaemin and Jeno, who were both wide awake, their backs leaned back at the wall and their legs covered by their own blankets.

"We should probably head to sleep too"

Jeno agreed and reached out for his phone, turning off the light leaving them all in complete darkness. They both went under their covers and rested their heads on their pillows. They looked up only to get eye contact for a split second before they both turned the other way. Jaemin was feeling slightly uncomfortable, not knowing what to do for some reason. He closed his eyes and tried to fall asleep but instead, he ended up being awake for longer than wanted. Only falling asleep when his body decided to do it by itself. 


GIFS WORK, BLESS <3333333333

-A