jaemin III

Walk You Home | Nomin

150418 


“It looks like a nice fit, I’m glad” Jaemin could easily see Jeno’s blushing face. He noticed how Jeno was trying his best to hide it by looking down, but his reflection in the mirror captured the action and color. Jaemin was wondering why Jeno hadn’t said much. The contrast Jeno had shown the past half an hour astonished him. He seemed interesting.

Jaemin read Jeno’s sign. Pointing at the exit, he looked desperate to get out of the room. Jaemin could see it.

“We should probably start doing something”

--

"If you say sorry one more time, I'm leaving this entire room for yourself"

Jaemin chuckled,

“I’m just kidding”

He looked at Jeno, he seemed flustered and the color of his face made Jaemin want to laugh even louder. He looked around Jeno’s classroom. It was big, but the size wasn’t noticeable due to the amount of furniture cramped inside.

“Where do you sit?” he wanted to know how Jeno’s desk looked like. Was it clean? Does he doodle on it when he’s bored?

Jeno was moving his eyes, scanning the room. Then he walked over to the middle of the class, the second row at the front. A perfect view of the board and a nice distance from the exit. Jaemin walked over to Jeno, standing on the other side of the desk, his hands resting on the flat surface, helping him hold his balance. He looked down at the desk. It was clean. No doodles, nothing. It looked almost new.

“How come your desk is so clean?”

            “I always end up doodling on mine”

It took a couple of seconds before Jeno answered back.

“I have a notebook for that” his expression remaining the same as earlier.

            “I don’t think there’s enough space on the desk” Jeno sounded nervous. Jaemin noticed how his hands were slightly shaking and how he continuously glanced downwards. What was he feeling? Jaemin reached his right hand out and grabbed the boy’s same hand. Jeno finally looked up at Jaemin. One of his eyebrows a bit higher than the other, he looked confused. Jaemin didn’t say anything. He didn’t know what to say, but he kept on holding his hand and to his surprise, Jeno did not let go. Jaemin gave the hand a small squeeze, his eyes giving Jeno a look of concern and acceptance.

It’s okay.

The atmosphere was not awkward. They stayed in contact for a bit, both not sure for how long. Jaemin gave Jeno a closed-mouthed smile, giving his hand a last squeeze before letting go. Jaemin’s hand felt dry and it was tingling from the earlier contact.

“Let’s actually finish now” he gestured Jeno to follow him over to the supplies they had parted from. Jeno was cleaning a bit further away from Jaemin, but instead of going to his spot he stayed next to Jaemin. Jaemin looked at him, not sure of the other boy’s intentions. Jeno looked at Jaemin and slowly moved his arms up to Jaemin’s shoulders. Jaemin’s eyes following the move. The sound of Jeno’s breath was clear in the silence, each breath sounded heavy. He took one more breath, this one deeper than the earlier ones.

What is going on?

Jeno’s hands were still resting on Jaemin’s shoulders and had been so for a bit longer than Jaemin had expected. He was waiting for the next move, which was why he stayed still. Small whispers came out of Jeno’s mouth. His lips parting just enough for the sound to come out.

“Three”

            “Two”

                        “One”

Jeno wrapped his arms around Jaemin.

“Thank you” managed to escape Jeno’s slightly parted lips.

Jaemin was not sure what he was feeling. But the warmth of the other male comforted him. He slowly moved his arms, wanting to repay the gesture, when Jeno moved away. He gave Jaemin a small smile and walked over to his cleaning spot where he began cleaning as if nothing had ever happened. Jaemin was stunned.

What did just happen?

He shook his head to wake himself up from the trance.

--

They ended up cleaning for another twenty minutes until they were satisfied with the ending result. In those twenty minutes, none of them said a word. Now they were both standing outside of the closet, their hands free from holding supplies. They were done for the day. The first day.

“I’m going to go grab my stuff” Jeno pointed over to the direction of his class.

-“Yeah, me too”

They walked together to the classrooms. Jaemin stopped by his classroom whilst Jeno continued walking over to his own. He barely took five steps before he was stopped by someone taking a hold onto his wrist. Jaemin had speeded over to Jeno, hurrying for no apparent reason. His hold was light.

“Let’s walk home together”

Jeno turned around and looked at Jaemin.

“Sure” his eyes smiled as he turned back around and headed towards the classroom. Jaemin did the same thing and went to the other classroom to grab his stuff.

They met again halfway between the two classrooms and walked side by side through the school and down to the front doors. Jeno took the initiative and opened the door, which was immediately followed by a cool breeze hitting them both hard. In a matter of seconds, Jaemin’s hairs were rising, he had goosebumps all over his body. It was now 18:45. The sun was still up but getting ready to settle for the day. Jaemin nudged at Jeno.

“You go out first”

-“Okay”

When they reached the school’s front yard, it felt like the wind was throwing punches at them, asking for an unwinnable fight. Jaemin was oblivious to the fact that the weather brought them closer. Still walking side by side, they were now millimeters apart. Their shoulders brushing ever so slightly. Jaemin was shivering. He should’ve learned his lesson. The weather was behaving the same way, as when he was with Donghyuck the day prior.

They had reached the gates and were outside of school when Jaemin thought of something.

“I don’t know where you live”

-“Which way are you going?”

“Over to the bus stop”

-“Me too”

They both paused their conversation and remembered the incident. Looking at each other, they laughed and walked over to the bus stop.

“I remember you getting out of the bus before me”

            “I can’t walk you all the way home” Jaemin sighed.

-“It’s okay”

            “I’ll just walk you home”


can he pls stop

-A