jeno II

Walk You Home | Nomin

090418


Jeno was lying on his bed, he had arrived back home ten minutes earlier and had headed directly into his room, longing for the feeling of the soft pillows and blankets. He looked out of the window, looking at the dark blue painted sky. The color was as dark as the male's eyes.

He shook his head, wanting to get his mind and thoughts on something else. He had homework to do for the next day and wanted to complete them before eleven. But he also had many other things he wanted to do as well. The newest episode of White was supposed to be released at ten and he really wanted to watch it.

Nope, focus.

His grades were important to him. He had made an agreement with his dad, that if he was able to get good grades, his dad would pay for Jeno's dance lessons. This was an agreement Jeno couldn't say no to. Nothing topped his love for dance, not even dramas or movies.

He took his Biology book as well as his notebook out of his bag and sat down by his desk. He had created a schedule in his head:

  • 20:30-21:30 focus on biology
  • 21:35-22:00 quickly go through math
  • 22:00-23:15 watch the new episode of White
  • 23:20-???? Skim through the rest of the homework

Jeno liked following a constant plan. He liked knowing what he was supposed to do and what he was going to do. Often, he would make small schedules in his head, telling himself that he had to follow them. He rarely ever did, but there were those special occasions when he remembered his small schedules and actually managed to complete all the tasks. Those occurrences were rare though. He knew it himself. Still, nothing seemed to have changed.

He opened the book and began reading about the current topic, Reproduction. It was interesting, but the pictures shown to illustrate the text were something.

--

After the episode of White, Jeno remembered that he hadn't showered so he quickly did before he once again jumped on his bed, this time closing his eyes and letting himself fall asleep.

Six and a half hours later, he woke up to the ringing melody of his phone.

"Until the very last moment

                It comes closer and closer, crazy

                                  The risky aim, Russian roulette"

The bubblegum pop playing through the speakers of his phone startled him. He jumped out of bed and went to his desk to where his phone was placed, then he turned off the alarm not feeling like listening to more of the tone.

He completed his usual morning routine, washed his face, fixed his hair, brushed his teeth and put on his uniform. He was more or less ready for the day.

Jeno headed downstairs and into the empty kitchen. On the counter, there was a plate of, now slightly cold, toast. His dad would always make Jeno a small breakfast before leaving at the crack of dawn. He grabbed the toast and left the house, eating the meal whilst on his way to the bus stop, heading for school.

Once he arrived inside the bus, his eyes started roaming around. But this time, it wasn't for a seat.

Not here.

He sighed and settled for the hanging strap closest to him.

The bus drove its regular route to school, but somehow it felt like it took longer to arrive than usual. Not because there was any traffic. Jeno wasn't on his phone like he usually was.

The bus arrived and Jeno stepped out, going in the direction of the school. He was eyeing the backs of everyone with dark brown hair, which he continued to do until he reached the inside of the school. He walked over to his locker to exchange his books and leave his jacket.

"Good morning!" a lively voice greeted Jeno, causing him to almost drop his chemistry book. He turned around giving the boy a disapproving look.

"Why are you so cheerful today?" Jeno asked this sort of behavior was unusual. It wasn't even Friday.

"Had a good night's sleep for once" the boy smiled and began to pull on Jeno's sleeve.

                    "I, Huang Xuxi, the boy of many names, will follow you to class today" showing Jeno a big smile, he tightened his grip on the youngers sleeve and began pulling him in a fixed direction. Jeno hurried to lock his locker before following his friend.

"Nobody calls you that" Jeno stated.

-"No, but I call myself that and that should be the only voice that counts"

"Lucas shut up"

And so, he did.

Lucas kept his grip on Jeno's shirt when both boys walked into their classroom. The room was already crowded, and the students were getting ready for the first module. Lucas let go of Jeno and walked over to his seat which was placed in the middle of the room. Jeno was heading over to the back of the classroom, but before he managed to get to the second row, a sponge covered in chalk flew over beside his head and hit the next person to get into the class. Jeno turned around and got wide-eyed when he saw who it was.

How fortunate.

The history teacher, Ms. Park, was now covered in chalk from the waist and up. She rubbed the chalk off her eyelids and looked at Jeno directly in the eye. He was her biggest suspect, therefore, he had to pay for the damage done. Jeno was scared. He hadn't done anything, but he knew what her look meant.

Great.

"Lee Jeno, please stay at school for a bit after your last lesson"

               "I have something to talk to you about"

Her calmness was terrifying. Jeno nodded and rapidly apologized before heading for his seat. He looked around and noticed how most were too busy staring at the ghost white teacher than they were looking at him. He felt relieved. There was almost no stares.

He shared quick eye contact with Lucas, who was placed a few rows in front of Jeno. Lucas was trying to hold back his laugh. Jeno cut the eye contact and looked down at his palms. Class started after Ms. Park had most of the chalk of her dress.

--

"Hi, Ms. Park" Jeno walked into the teacher room and gave the female an awkward wave. She gave him a small nod, ordering for him to sit down on the chair next to her.

"As compensation for the earlier incident, I have given you cleaning duty for the rest of the week, starting from now" she smiled at him.

                  "The cleaning supplies are found in the janitor's closet at the beginning of the hallway by your class"

                             "Enjoy"

Jeno mumbled a small "thanks" before heading to the janitor's closet. It was only Tuesday. 


look at this adorable pair of besties :') what a visual couple, i hope the pictures upload ahahhahaha

bless

-A