jeno VI

Walk You Home | Nomin

100518 


He wasn't going to lie to himself, he admitted that he did feel a small pinch of jealousy or something like that after and during Jaemin's small speech about his best friend.

Who is this Donghyuck guy?

--

Monday morning was here. Jeno had spent Sunday night packing his bag, spending more than enough time on it, wanting to make sure that he hadn't forgotten anything. His backpack was filled with all his necessities for the next few days, and his left hand was having a firm grip on his sleeping bag, making sure not to let go of it. He didn't want to lose anything.

He was standing outside of school, near its parking lot, together with the rest of his class. His eyes were wandering around, looking for the other classes, waiting for them to join but they didn't come. It was 8:30 and the class were stuffing the bus with their bags, filling up the entire storeroom.

Ms. Park called the class to stand in a line, allowing them to take a seat on the bus, marking each student as they got into the bus. Jeno had made sure to stand behind of Lucas, wanting to be able to sit next to him, since the order of the seats would be made after how you got into the bus, unfortunately, Ms. Park was very strict with switching seats.

"Lucas…"

         "Jeno…"

"Renjun…"

Jeno got inside of the bus, following Lucas when he noticed that the seat next to Lucas's prescribed seat wasn't empty. Mark, a classmate of theirs, was sitting next to the window, where Lucas was supposed to sit according to Jeno's plan, so Lucas had to take the seat beside. This meant that Jeno had to take the other window seat on the row behind them. He sat down and made himself comfortable when he felt a small amount of pressure from the seat next to him. He switched his eyes to the place of origin and saw one of his other classmates sitting next to him. The other boy looked at Jeno and gave him a small smile.

Was it Renjun? I can't remember…

Jeno smiled back and shifted a bit on his seat so that the other boy got more space to use.

"Okay, everyone's here"

           "Let's drive!"

Jeno sat back and relaxed on his seat. He wasn't sure how long the drive was going to be, but he decided to take this opportunity and make the most out of it.

 

He woke up after 30 minutes with someone shaking him slightly. He opened his eyes and they were met by the other boy's eyes.

"We're taking a break now" the boy smiled at Jeno, flashing his slightly crooked teeth. Jeno nodded and they both stood up from their seats and headed out of the, now empty, bus. The bus was parked by itself near a gas station, whilst most of the students were inside the corresponding convenience store, probably getting enough fuel for the rest of the trip, they headed there too. One of their classmates ran out of the store and over to their direction.

"Renjun!"

           "Dude, they got ketchup flavored chips!"

-"Seriously?"

The male classmate ran over and grasped Renjun, who's name just got confirmed for Jeno. They ran inside the store leaving Jeno to walk by himself.

The convenience store's air felt cold on Jeno's skin, creating goosebumps on its surface. His classmates were beginning to form a queue at the cashier, indicating that Jeno had to hurry since their break seemed to be nearing an end. He grabbed some banana milk and a bag of dried seaweed and lined up with the rest of his class.

After paying for the snacks, he headed back to the bus and seated himself. Renjun came not long after with a bag filled with what Jeno assumed was snacks.

"I got us some snacks" Renjun smiled at Jeno, seating himself next to him.

Jeno was surprised at the kind action the other male had decided to do for him.

-"You didn't have to" Jeno shook his palms in denial. He was beginning to feel bad for only thinking of himself.

"Road trips are just a tad bit nicer with snacks, don't you think?"

Jeno nodded and gave Renjun a small smile back. Renjun began unpacking the bag, showing off the variety of snacks he had bought.

       "Feel free to take whatever,"

  "Sharing is caring, you know"

Jeno stifled a laugh at Renjun's terrible cliché.

For the rest of the ride, they shared snacks and made occasional small talk, sometimes Lucas, as well as Mark would join from the seat in front of them. Being in company with the three boys was nice for Jeno. It was nice being social at times.

--

The teachers unloaded the bus and handed out the students their bags. Once again, they were the only ones who had arrived. Jeno looked around. The bus was parked in front of a forest. The trees were close to each other, blocking the view of what was behind them. A narrow path was seen near one of the trees, creating an entrance to the forest. Jeno thanked whoever was above that it was still light out.

"That was the last one…"

          "Okay everyone, follow me!"

They all followed the teacher through the narrow path, the sound of their luggage making loud noises as their wheels hit the gravel path. Luckily Jeno didn't have to go through the same trouble as he was using a backpack and not a suitcase.

"Here we are"

The teacher stopped in front of a large cabin. It looked like it had at least three floors.

Jeno breathed out the breath he was unknowingly holding in, the rest of the class seemed to do the same.

"You will have to share rooms with five other people and the rooms have been mixed, so you will share with students from the other classes as well"

This gave mixed reactions, some whined and others cheered.

"Make sure to use this opportunity to make new friends"

They were all handed a note with each individual room numbers, not getting any information about who they were going to share their rooms with. Jeno went over to Lucas, Renjun, and Mark.

"Which room did you get?"

They all showed each other their notes, none of them showing the same numbers.

-"Dammit," Mark pouted.

Lucas patted him on the back,

"It's okay, we can still eat together"

The boys agreed to meet up whenever they had meals. They followed each other inside the cabin. It's interior screamed cozy. It was all wooden and illuminated with warm tones from the wall lamps. It looked like a small hotel, with a huge staircase in the middle, leading and connecting every floor. Its railing had small signs showing which room numbers the different corridors had.

"My room is this way" Renjun pointed at the right side of the staircase on the second floor.

The boys nodded and waved him bye. Jeno continued looking for his room number.

"Seven, seven, seven…" he mumbled to himself.

       "There"

"My room is over there, see you guys later" he pointed at the direction where his room was and waved at Lucas and Mark as they proceeded to look for their rooms

The room was slightly cramped, with two bunk beds and a double bed placed near the walls to make just enough space for a small table to fit in the middle of the room. Jeno headed straight for the double bed and threw his bags on it. It looked the most comfortable out of all beds. Not thinking about the fact that he may have to share it with somebody else when the other classes arrive.


Look at our hard-working son :')

-A