Chapter 9

Starry, Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwon woke up to an unfamiliar room. He looked around it and none of the decoration are recognizable. He did not know how he got here, who brought him and for what reason. He tried to recall yesterday. He was having dinner with Sunghoon and he got drunk.

“Hoon-ah.” Jiwon thought.

He slowly got up and walked out from the room. A delicious aroma can be smelled the moment he opened the door. He walked towards the living room, still thinking whose house is this until he heard a voice greeted him from the kitchen.

“Oh…you wake up. Good morning Jiwon-ah.” Sunghoon greeted.

Jiwon turned to Sunghoon with surprised.

“Hoon-ah? Your house?”

“Yeah. Why?” Sunghoon asked.

“Why am I sleeping here?” Jiwon asked back.

“You don’t remember? You passed out last night. I don’t exactly remember your address and even if I do, I don’t know your password. So, I decided to bring you home.”

“Oh…thank you Hoon-ah. I don’t know why I drank too much last night. Perhaps I was on cloud nine since you were there last night.”

“You can take shower first. Everything in the guest room are for my guest to use.” Sunghoon cleared his throat, ignoring what Jiwon just said. “Then, we can have breakfast together.”

“Okay.” Jiwon smiled and walked back to the room.

After 30 minutes, Jiwon came to the living room.

“Hoon-ah, do you have any other t-shirt that I can wear? All t-shirt in the wardrobe are white. Do you have a black t-shirt?” Jiwon asked.

Sunghoon was watching the television when Jiwon came. He looked up just to be blessed with the image of Jiwon’s half body. His eyes fixed on Jiwon and his mouth suddenly felt dry.  

“Huh? Oh…black t-shirt. Hold on. I’ll go and get it for you.” Sunghoon quickly stood up and went to his room. After a while, he came out with a black t-shirt.

“Here. Try this. I hope it fits.” Still trying to avert his eyes from Jiwon’s half body.

“Thanks Hoon-ah.” Jiwon took the t-shirt and it perfectly fits him. “I guess I’m going to borrow this.”

“Sure. Let’s have breakfast. It might be cold by now.”

“You know, this feels like we just spent an amazing night together and I woke up to your delicious breakfast.” Jiwon said as they sat down.

Sunghoon choked on the water and coughed when Jiwon uttered that.

“Yah! Don’t say something weird. People might misunderstand you.”

“What people? It only the two of us here. Unless, you have someone else.” Jiwon said with a hint of jealousy.

“I’m just saying and no, I don’t have anyone else in this house. It just us.” Sunghoon said. “Let just eat. I’m going to be late to office.”

 

♫♪ SECHSKIES – Vertigo ♫♪ (Jiwon’ caller ringtone)

“Hello.”

“Hyung, where are you?”

“Suwon-ah, pick me up at Sunghoon’s office later.”

“Sunghoon? Do we have a meeting him today?”

“No. I was with him this morning.”

“You what? WOW! Did you confess already hyung? Are both of you an item now? Should I congratulate you?”

“Yah! I did not and we are not.”

“Then, why are both of you together early in the morning?”

“We were just…”Jiwon stopped. “Yah! Why should I explained it to you?”

“Well, because I’m your love advisor hyung.”

“Since when I appointed you as my love advisor?”

“I appointed myself hyung.” Suwon laughed.

“Don’t be ridiculous. Just come and pick me up.”

“Okay hyung. I’ll see you later.” Suwon still laughing before they hung up.


‘So, Suwon will pick you up at my office later?” Sunghoon asked.

“Yes. Guess you’re stuck with me till then.”Jiwon smiled. A smile that made Sunghoon’s heart melt.

“Let’s go.” Sunghoon speedily walked towards the door.

They were in the lift when the door opened at floor 22 and a family rushed into the lift. Jiwon was standing beside Sunghoon when they pushed their way in causing Sunghoon to squeeze further in the corner. Made it worst when the father was carrying one big black plastic garbage and it smelled. Because of that others in the lift stepped back to avoid standing close to him. Jiwon immediately turned to face Sunghoon, stood in front of him and braced his hands on each side of him as others kept on squeezing in. They were practically closed to each other to the point that if Sunghoon turned his head, Jiwon’s lips will definitely landed on his nose.

Sunghoon felt his heart beating faster than normal. He wished the lift would reach the basement faster as their situation now is killing him. Whilst others covered their nose because of the smell, all he could smelled is the scent coming from Jiwon and he is restraining with all his might to not pulled Jiwon closer to him so that he can nuzzle in the crook of his neck, breathed in his musky scent.

The smell of Sunghoon’s hair is torturing him. He could not help but gaze at Sunghoon’s nape, ear and lips. He biting his lips, clenching his fists, fighting with the urge of tasting the one in front of him. Deep down he wished for Sunghoon to turn his face so that his lips can accidently kissed him. Being this close to Sunghoon and in this position, brought him back to their first meeting and his lips curved into a smile. But his smile slowly faded away as he then felt a pang of frustration as the one he desired is within arm’s reach yet so far. He breathed deeply, exhaled slowly.

‘Ting! Basement.’ The voice of elevator announced.

A relief expression can be seen on their face. They walked to Sunghoon’s car quietly and Sunghoon stepped on the gas straight away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been a year since their first encountered.

The book that they worked together has been successfully published and is one of the most sought after book locally and internationally. Within a short period, the book which published in dual languages, Korean and English easily broke through the sales barriers.

Eun Jiwon as an Author, once again proved that his writing skills and ideas are top notch. He has been very busy since the first week of the book launching event. The non-stop signing events, the interviews and television shows are all line up in his schedule. He is grateful and thankful for all the supports and response that he and the book received, but he also felt super tired and frustrated. It has been more than a month since he last met Sunghoon. They only contacted each other via phone call and messages. Sometimes he kind of regretted that he suggested this idea which now causing them apart for a short period due to their busy schedule.

Suwon when discovered this had suggested them to just started living together. He could not believe how immature and childish Jiwon is acting just because he unable to meet his Sunghoon.

“Hyung, why don’t you ask him to just move in with you? Then you can see him everyday.” Suwon suggested.

“Erm…what reasons do I have to ask him to move in with me? Just because we couldn’t meet up regularly?” Jiwon sighed.

“Just confessed to him already. It has been a year hyung. And I assure you Sunghoon also love you. His action speaks louder than his words.”

“You think so? I don’t have the confident to step forward. Not yet. The timing is not right.”

“It was obvious hyung. But I think he felt that his love just one sided. Else he won’t be so eager to find you a partner.” Suwon said, totally forgotten he was the premier reason of why Sunghoon believed Jiwon is never into a guy. All because of his statement regarding Jiwon’s preferences.

”Besides, Jaijin hyung did mention to me before that Sunghoon is so oblivious when it comes to his love life. He never realized it until he was told.”

“How can he be so oblivious? I made it clear I’m into him. But all he did was avoided it or pretended he didn’t listen it.” Jiwon exhaled loudly.   

“Sometimes I just really want to push and pin him and do whatever I want with him.” Jiwon murmured.

“Woooow…Hyung…you don’t have to share it with me. That is adult content over only. My mind and soul are pure. Please stop inserting weird and strange images.” Suwon halted.

“You? Pure?” Jiwon laughed.

“At least I’m purer than you, hyung.” Suwon said deserving him a hit by water bottle from Jiwon.

“Ouch…hyung…Please go get your Sunghoon fix.” Suwon shouted and run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since the book published, Forsythia has been hectic than before. Requests and appointments non-stop. Everyday their office is almost crowded with people coming for wedding planning and match making. And most of them requested Sunghoon to be their advisor, making Sunghoon busier than before.

His frantic schedule has taken a toll on him. He was too busy to meet Jiwon and it has been almost two months now. They used to meet up even for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter