Chapter 21

Starry, Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bring back some souvenirs for me, Hoon-ah.” Jaeduck grinned.

“I’ll buy Hawaii’s version of duck to you, hyung.” Sunghoon joked.

After a week returned from Jeju, Sunghoon finally agreed to follow Jiwon back to Hawaii. Today is the day they will fly to Hawaii and now, together with Jaijin and Jaeduck, they are waiting for boarding time at Incheon International Airport.

“Your Americano + 2 pump of syrups.” Jiwon held out the cup to Sunghoon.

Sunghoon smiled. “Thank you love.”

“Your ice blended double chocolate, Jaeduck-ah.” Jaijin said as he sat next to Jaeduck.

“Nice. Thanks, Jaijin-ah.” As he took the cup from Jaijin.

“Waaah…hyung. You seriously drink ice blended this early morning in this autumn? Your brain is going to freeze soon.” Sunghoon laughed.

“He doesn’t have one to begin with. So, he doesn’t need to worry about that.” Jaijin nonchalantly answered.

“YAH!” Jaeduck protested but he is unable to finish his sentence as he slightly cried out of shocked. “Arrghhh… my brain. It’s freezing.” He held his head with both of his hands. His cute reaction brought laughter to their table.

“Aish…. Hyung.” Sunghoon slowly shook his head before he flinched at the vibration of his phone. Looking at the caller, Sunghoon turned to Jiwon and gestured he will go somewhere else to answer the phone. “My aunty.” He said in muted voice. Jiwon nodded. “Send my regards.” He replied. Sunghoon nodded as he stood up and walked away.

“Morning Imo.” Sunghoon greeted as he answered the call. “Morning Sunghoon-ah. Are you already at the airport?” She asked. “Yes, we are already here. How are you Imo?” Sunghoon replied. “Both of us are doing just fine. Seungjae keeps asking when will you come back again.” She laughed. “I will visit you once I came back from Hawaii. Oh! Do you want anything from Hawaii Imo? I’ll buy you anything.” Sunghoon uttered. She laughed at his offer. “No. Just come back safe and sound. Both of you.” She said. “We will Imo.” Sunghoon smiled. “Sunghoon-ah.” She called. “Yes, Imo.” Sunghoon could feel that her tone became serious. “Remember, whatever happen later is not your fault. Never blame yourself for the choices that you made. Also, remember I’m always with you.” She softly said. Sunghoon felt like crying. “I know Imo. Thank you for always be there for me.” He overwhelmed with emotions, touched by her assurance. “I will call you after I reached there. And Jiwon sent his regards to you.” He muttered. “Okay. Convey mine to him. Be careful and take care.” She replied. “I will.” Sunghoon answered before hung up. He took a deep breath before turned and walked back to them.

Jiwon smiled as Sunghoon sat next to him. “How’s she?” He asked. “She’s good. Both of them. She sent her regards to you.” Sunghoon smiled sweetly at him. Jiwon nodded acknowledged.

“Attention to all passengers flight Hawaiian 460 to Honolulu, Hawaii. Kindly please proceed to departure gate C27 for boarding. Please have your boarding pass and passport ready.”

“It’s time.” Jaijin said.

Sunghoon exhaled deeply before nodded. “It’s time.” He repeated.

They walked to the departure together.

“Take care Hoon-ah.” Jaeduck said as he hugged Sunghoon. Sunghoon nodded before turned to hug Jaijin. “Take care Hoon-ah.” Jaijin said as he returned the hug. “I will, hyung. And I’m sorry for leaving all works to both of you again.” Sunghoon apologized. “We can handle the company. Rest assured.” Jaijin smiled.

“Take care of him, Jiwon-ah.” Jaeduck said as they shook hands. “You have my words.” Jiwon smiled and turned to shake hands with Jaijin. “Take care. Don’t let him cry again. Else, I’m going to steal him away from you.” Jaijin whispered. “Not gonna happen.” Jiwon smirked.

“We’ll be back soon.” Sunghoon slightly shouted and waved as they passed by the departure gate before catching up with Jiwon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daniel K. Inouye International Airport

“Tired?” Jiwon asked as Sunghoon yawned.

“Erm…a bit.” Sunghoon drowsily replied. His eyes felt heavy.

Jiwon smiled. He patted his shoulder as a gesture for Sunghoon to rest. Sunghoon looked at him with a restless look. “It’s okay.” Jiwon softly said as he pulled Sunghoon’s head and let it rest on his shoulder. “But…” Sunghoon got up but Jiwon pulled him back. “No but. Just rest.” Jiwon patted his head. “If you’re worried, put on the cap to cover you. I’m okay.” Jiwon coaxed. Sunghoon inhaled slowly, made himself comfortable on Jiwon’s shoulder before reaching out for his cap to cover his face. Honestly, he was grateful for Jiwon to lend him his shoulder but he still uncomfortable to be affectionate in the crowd. Something that would take times for him to learn. “I’ll wake you up when Eunji’s here.” Jiwon softly said. Sunghoon nodded as he slowly drifted away.

Not long after Sunghoon fell asleep, Eunji arrived but Jiwon gestured her to sit down and let Sunghoon slept for a while.

Sunghoon slowly opened his eyes as he distantly heard someone was talking. “Are you awake?” Jiwon asked as he notice Sunghoon moved. “Erm…” Sunghoon answered. “Did you just arrive, Eunji-ah?” He asked. Eunji smiled. “Not really. It almost an hour.” She chuckled. Sunghoon instantly got up, he was wide awake now. “You told me you’ll wake me up when Eunji’s here.” Sunghoon uttered. Jiwon shrugged his shoulders off. “You seemed too tired, so I decided to let you slept.” Jiwon nonchalantly answered. Sunghoon sighed. “You should just wake me up. Now I’m feeling guilty for wasting your time.” Sunghoon snorted his frustration. “Okay. Okay. I’m sorry, love.” Jiwon apologized as he persuaded Sunghoon. “Now, shall we?” He asked and answered by nodding from both of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“As your request, you’ll be staying at hotel for now.” Jiwon turned to Sunghoon. “Good.” He smiled. Jiwon pouted. Clearly unhappy with his decision. “I’m still disagree. You can stay at our house. Eventhough it won’t be my room but we have enough guest rooms for you to stay.” He snorted his disapproval. “And make your parents freak out? No thanks. I want their approval not disapproval.” Sunghoon replied. “Still…” Jiwon’s voice got cut out by Eunji. “I agree with Sunghoon oppa.” She said and continued. “Let us wait for a while before you introduce him.” She uttered. Jiwon sighed. “Fine.” He sounded resigned.

“Do you want me to come with you?” Jiwon asked as he took out Sunghoon’s luggage from car boot. Sunghoon chuckled. “I’ll be just fine. I can handle the rest myself.” Sunghoon gave a warm smile. “You’re here but I can’t embrace you in my sleep tonight.” Jiwon sighed. Sunghoon looked crimson with embrassment. “Yah. It just for a while.” Sunghoon replied. Jiwon gazed at him tenderly. “I’m gonna miss you tonight.” As he caressed his cheek. “Ditto.” Sunghoon smiled. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Dream of me tonight, love.” Jiwon said as he settled himself in the car before both of them left Sunghoon at the hotel.

“Haih.” Jiwon sighed. Eunji eyeing his brother from the corner of her eyes. “Why?” She asked. “What?” He asked back. “You sighing.” She said. “Nothing.” A short reply but easy to understand by Eunji. “Because of Sunghoon oppa?” She guessed. Jiwon exhaled heavily. Looking at his reaction, she knew she hit the bulleyes. “It just for couple of days. No, it actually just for night time. You can still meet each during day time.” She said. “Night time is the crucial time.” Jiwon sighed again. “OPPA!” She slightly screamed. “What?” He shocked at her screamed. “Are you bragging your lovelife?” She sounded sarcastic. “Jealous much?” He smirked. “Please… I don’t want to know about your life.” She muttered. “I never said anything about my life.” He claimed. “You just said night time is the crucial time.” She stressed. “I just mean I’m no longer use to sleep alone. I love the feeling of him next to me. What are you imagining?” He smirked cunningly. “Imagining him on top of me or me on top of him?” He asked. “YAH! EUN JIWON!” She screamed again. “DON’T YOU SPOUT ANY NONSENSE!” Jiwon laughed at her reaction. “Yah! Yah! Drive properly.” He said in between his laugh. “Your fault. Who told you to speak rubbish?” She snorted her annoyance.

“But sis, it really is good to have someone by your side.” He smiled brightly. “Since we’re talking about this, how about you? Have you found one?” He asked. Eunji turned to look at him before focusing back on the road. “Nope.” She answered. “Why? I don’t see any reasons for you to be single. You must have few guys lining up to be with you.” He said. “Maybe it wasn’t the right time. Not yet.” She slowly said. Jiwon studied her for few moments. “You found him, right?” He took a wild guess. Watched her flinched he knew he was right. “Do I know him?” Silence before she slowly nodded that piqued his curiousity. “What? Really? Who?” He fired her with questions that she laughed it off. “You’ll know it sooner or later.” She simpered, pleased at herself. “Come on sis. Do others know about this?” He asked. “Nope. Not yet. Soon maybe.” She replied. “Seriously. Just tell me already. Curiosity killed a cat, just so you know.” He pointed it out. She glanced at him. “A secret makes a woman woman.” She smirked. “Darn. Just tell me.” He urged. “We’re home. Save that for yourself.” She laughed as she pulled over and stopped.  

“Jiwon-ah.” Their mother came out to greet them. “Hai Mom. It’s been a while.” He greeted back and hugged her. “You seriously got us worried when you suddenly flown back to Korea without explaining anything to us. Thank God Jiyong reassured us everything is under control and you will be back soon.” Their mother half scolded him. “I’m sorry mom. It was an emergency state. You should blame that to your daughter here.” Jiwon elbowed her. “What? Curiosity killed a cat, just so you know.” She fired him back. “Jiwon.” A voice called him. “Hi, Dad.” Jiwon greeted. Their father exhaled softly. “So, you’re coming back for good now?” He asked. “What? No. Are we really doing it now?” Jiwon asked. “Can I at least rest first? I just get off from 11 hours flight. Can we continue the conversation tomorrow?” He pleaded. “Just go and rest.” Their mother said. “Wait, I’m not…” Their father words died on his lips as their mother cut it off. “Darling, stop.” She warned. He snorted. “Fine. We’ll speak about it first thing tomorrow.” Resigned. “Thank you, mom.” Jiwon said in muted voice and promptly walked to his room after kissed their mother good night.

Jiwon threw himself on bed the momen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter