Chapter 16

Starry, Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK - HAWAII

“Matt!” Bucky called.

“Yo! Buck! Howcha doin buddy?” Matt high fived him.

“Good bro. Whatcha plan today?”

“As usual. Wanna play basketball for a while?”

“Bring it on.” Bucky said as he gestured his hands.

“You’re going down.” Matt replied and threw the ball at Bucky.

Matthew Eun Jiwon a.k.a Matt and Charles Buckley Junior. a.k.a Bucky. The best buddy. A partner in crime. They basically brothers. They knew each other since first grade. Grew up together, they knew each other weakness and strengthens. They were inseparable, wherever one’s goes the other will follow. Wherever you found Matt, you will find Bucky. Together they were the best; sport, education, popularity, and looks. They were everything a girl wants and a guy hate.

Their parents also a close friend. Thus, it was not surprise for them to immediately click with each. Besides, they were also closed with each other siblings as well.

However, their personalities were slightly different. Bucky was more to good boy compare to Matt, who is more to bad boy type. Bucky tended to obey their parents and rules but Matt tended to defy their parents and rules. Only Bucky can force Matt to do something he was not willing to do and vice versa. But one particular thing about them, both were not playboy. There were no girls in their friendship except for their siblings. An oath they promised to obey. No. 1 rule in their friendship; No girls before graduate.

PRESENT - KOREA

“At that time, it was like I had 3 brothers as Bucky was always comes to our house. To play, sleep and eat. Or sometimes Jiwon oppa went to his house.” Eunji smiled reminisced the good old days.

Sunghoon silently listened to Eunji’s story, he wanted to know more about the guy name Bucky, who seemed to be damn close with Jiwon. His Jiwon. A pang of jealousy can be felt.

“Then, what happened?” He asked, curious to know more.

“Everything was perfect until one day, one particular day that turned our wonderful and perfect life upside down.” Eunji sadly said.

FLASHBACK - HAWAII

“Yo! My man.” Theo hugged Bucky.

“What do you want, Theo?” Matt asked, clearly uneasy and annoyed with Theo sudden appearance.

“Why so bitter, bro?” Theo laughed, followed by his friends.

“Hi Bucky.” Ivy smiled.

“Hi Ivy.” Bucky shyly smiled. Ivy was Bucky’s crush since seventh grade.

Matt suddenly pulled Bucky to his side and uttered.

“We’re busy. If you got nothing to say, we’ll make our move.” He said in his sternness voice.

Theo lifted his both hand in the air and shrugged.

“We’ll see you around.” He shouted and laughed it off.

After a bit far from them.

“Bro! Bro! Ivy said Hi to me bro. She talks to me!” Bucky half screaming, shaking Matt’s body.

Matt just laughed it off.

“Stop it. You’re making me dizzy.” He pushed Bucky aside.

“But Buck, don’t forget our oath.” He reminded.

“I know. No girls before university.” Bucky replied.

“I know you like her. But we’re still a student and this is our final year.” Matt softly uttered and continued.

“Besides, I don’t like it, her being friends with Theo and the gang.” Matt gritted his teeth.

“I felt like they are scheming for something bad behind us.”

“What? Come on man. Don’t be that negative. They look just fine to me. Nothing weird.” Bucky patted his shoulder.

“Huh… I hope you’re right. I hate to see if anything comes between us or happen to us.”

“I promise you, nothing will happen.” Bucky lifted his right hand. A gestured of oath swear.

Matt scoffed at him.

“Come on. Let’s go. We going to be late. I don’t want to listen to Elaine and Lisa’s grumbling about us being late for 5 minutes.” Bucky patted his shoulder.

“Fine. The loser is going to have to pay for the girls.” Matt shouted as he run leaving Bucky behind.

“Curse you. Wait for me.” Bucky started running as he shouted back.

Matt just laughed out loud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You’re late.” Elaine said with her sour face.

“You will have to treat us shopping today.” Lisa added.

Matt turned to Bucky and raised his eyebrows. “You lose, you pay.”

“Damn you, Matt.” Bucky muttered.

“Fine. I’ll treat you girls, but not more than 50 bucks each. You will have to pay yourselves for additional. Deal?”

“Deal.” Elaine and Lisa answered happily.

“Let’s go.” Matt hugged Bucky’s shoulder and smirked at him which earned him an elbow punch at stomach by Bucky.

After three hours accompany both girls for their shopping, they finally rest at a café.

“My legs are killing me.” Matt half screamed.

“Huh? You’re exaggerating.” Elaine said.

“We are not accustomed like you girls. You can go on shopping like there’s no tomorrow.” Bucky backed up.

“It just three hours. What are you whining about?” Lisa said, sipping her chocolate frappe.

“It’s freaking three hours. And you girls still didn’t buy a single thing.” Matt grumped.

“There’s nothing to our liking. We only got 50 bucks each, of course we want to spend it on something that we like.” Elaine defended and Lisa nodded agreed.

“Arrghh…Why did I actually agreed to join you?” Matt sighed.

“Technically because you both lost on our bet.” Lisa smirked.

“That stupid bet. It’s all your fault.” Bucky punched Matt.

“How am I supposed to know the perfect gifts for girls during valentine?” Matt defended.

“Common sense dude. Common sense. Who the hell want to give their girl an alien figurine for valentine?” Bucky sighed.

“I would.” Matt proudly said.

“Yeah. Only you would. That’s why you’re still single.” Elaine patted his brother’s shoulder.

“What’s wrong with being single? I’m just reserving myself until I found the one.” He said.

“Besides, we promised no girls before graduate.” He continued and shook hands with Bucky.

“Huh. That stupid oath. I think it’s going to take forever until we meet our sister-in-law.” Lisa shook her head.

“Yeah. Because our brothers are an idiot.” Elaine agreed.

“They are lucky if they can meet the girl that can suit their childish behavior.” Lisa added and laughed.

“Huh? How can you take us too lightly? We are all the girls ever wanted. Too bad we are your brothers, else I bet you will be crazy over us like the girls at university.” Matt said.

“Please.” Elaine said while making an annoying face.

“By the way, do you know who is that? They have been staring at us for a while.” Lisa asked as she appointed to her side using her eyes.

Instantly all of them turned to the way Lisa appointed. The sudden action from them caused the group of girls who have been eyeing them panic. They immediately grabbed their things and walked out from the café.

“Ivy?” Bucky said.

“Huh?” Matt looked at Bucky and looked at the direction he was pointing.

Ivy. She is standing outside the café. Once a while she stole a glance inside the café. At first, they did not know she was looking at them but when few times their eyes met and she immediately turned her gaze away.

“What is she doing here?” Matt restless. Clearly uncomfortable with the present of Ivy.

“You know her?” Elaine asked. Surprise.

“She’s pretty.” Lisa said.

“I don’t like her.” Matt said.

“You never like anyone except for Bucky.” Elaine mocked.

“Do you think she is waiting for one of you?” Lisa asked.

“I bet she is waiting for Bucky.” Elaine answered.

“Just go and meet her.” Lisa urged.

“Errr…Me? Alone?” Bucky turned to Matt but Matt just shrugged his shoulder.

“Just go. I don’t want to be near her anyway.” Matt said.

Bucky ruffled his hair nervously before slowly stood up and walked out from café. He went straight to Ivy who seemed shy but beaming with pleasure the moment Bucky stood in front of her. They talked for about 20 minutes before they parted and Bucky went back inside café.

“What are you talking?” Elaine and Lisa excitedly asking.

“Nothing particular.” He answered.

“Impossible. She won’t just come here if she gets nothing particular to ask you.” Lisa urged.

“You girls really understand each other.” Bucky shook his head.

“She invited me to her party next week. Well, all of us actually because I said I won’t go unless Matt is invited too.”

“HUH? You know I won’t agree to go right? Why can’t you just reject her?” Matt argued.

“Just once dude. Accompany me.” Bucky begged.

“Yeah. Just accompany him. It won’t do any harm. You will graduate soon. After that you won’t have time to play anymore.” Elaine said.

“No. If it’s her party, I bet Theo and his friends are there too. You fully aware how I hate them.” Matt replied seriously.

“But…”

“No but dude. No. Full stop. End of discussion.” Matt brooked no refusal.

“Let’s go. It’s time to go home.” He continued, stood up and walked out from the café, leaving the three of them behind.

Bucky just sighed frustrated. Elaine looked at Lisa and shrugged her shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hello. Can I speak to Matt?”

“Yes. Speaking. May I know who am I speaking to?” Matt asked.

“Matt, this is Aunty Viv.”

“Oh. Aunty Viv. How are you, aunty?” Matt replied. Wondering why Bucky's mother called him.

“I’m fine, dear. How are you?” She asked.

“I’m doing fine, aunty. Thank you for asking. What can I help you with aunty?” Matt asked. There’s must be something wrong if she called him.

“I’m sure it just nothing but I don’t have a good feeling about it.” She explained.

“About what aunty? If I may ask.” Matt wondered.

“Are you going with Bucky to tonight party? He keeps telling me that both of you got invited to join a party held by one of the popular girls. I’m sure it just a normal party but its mother’s instinct.”

“Party? What party?” Matt paused. “GOD! Don’t tell me he’s actually going to the party that Ivy invited.”

“You’re not going with him?” Suddenly she sounded panic.

“Did he mention where the party held aunty? How long has he been gone?” Matt asked. He had a bad feeling about it. His hunch was saying something bad would happen soon.

“He said something about a villa, where the girls are staying. It’s been more than an hour. Oh my God! Matt, is something going to happen to Bucky?”

“God forbid that. I won’t let anything happen to him, aunty. I will let you know once I found him.”

“Okay. Thank you Matt. Be careful. If anything, call us immediately.”

“Okay aunty. I will.” He said and hung up.

“Hyung! Hyung!”

“What’s wrong Jiwon-ah?” Jiyong turned to face Jiwon who suddenly barged in to his room.

“Are you free right now? Could you please come with me to find Bucky?”

“Bucky? Why? What happened to him?” Jiyong immediately stood up and reached for his sweater.

“His mother just called me saying that he went to a party about an hour ago and she felt something is wrong.” Jiwon explained.

“Maybe it just a normal party.” Jiyong said.

“No hyung. I was invited too but I refused to go. I didn’t expect Bucky would actually go alone.” Jiwon sighed reg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter