Revealed

Love is like a rose, beautiful yet painful

Todoroki’s POV:


It now has been 2 months since I have moved to Midoriya’s place. Things are progressing well, My dad doesn’t seem to be calling me, not that I expected him to. My relationship with Yaoyorozu has been progressing quite well. I have been eating my lunch with her, worked on our assignments together and started to hang out after school. The other day she brought me to great donut cafe. Donuts were surprisingly good. I haven’t had a lot of junk foods in my life since my dad wanted me to have a healthy diet to become a pro hero. Maybe I should get into junk food a bit more.

Today me and Yaoyorozu had plans to go to a fancy cake shop today. She said that the cakes there are really good. This might give me a chance to get to know her favourite foods.

I look for Midoriya to tell him to go home ahead of me today.

“Midoriya, Today me and Yaoyorozu are going out after school today.”

“Ok, then I’ll see you at home?”

“Yeah, see you then.”

I can’t help but feel a bit sorry for not walking home with Midoriya. I wonder if he’s lonely. But Midoriya said he was fine and that I should focus on my relationship with Yaoyorozu.

As we were walking out of the school gates when Yaoyorozu said:

“Todoroki kun, I think I left my notebook in the classroom, I’ll just quickly go get it.”

“Sure, I’ll just wait here.”

“Sorry, I’ll be really quick.”

“No it’s ok.”

However moments later, when Yaoyorozu came back she looked really shocked. Her face looked paler and she kept on stuttering on her words. I asked her what happened but she wouldn’t tell me. The cake shop was good but Yaoyorozu couldn’t pay attention to what I tell her. What exactly happened?

Midoriya’s POV:

“Midoriya, Today me and Yaoyorozu are going out after school today.”

“Ok, then I’ll see you at home?”

“Yeah, see you then.”


Todoroki’s with Yaoyorozu again. I haven’t been seeing him as often anymore. We walk to school together but never back home. Todoroki always arrives home right before dinner. Sometimes he wouldn’t even have dinner because he just ate with Yaoyorozu. My room has become so quiet ever since he left to go out with Yaoyorozu. Sometimes I even wonder whether he thinks of me anymore. I feel regret rushing up. Maybe if I didn’t help Todoroki, we could still be closer to each other like before. I thought if Todoroki started living with me I can endure him being with Yaoyorozu as long I get to see him at home. But it seems that I am greedier than I thought I was.

Another day walking home without Todoroki. I hate it. I already know how long the walk home will feel. I can’t help but sigh. Why does Yaoyorozu have to take Todoroki away from me? Why does it have to be Todoroki to make me feel better? Why is it that my heart has to choose Todoroki? I’m so unlucky. But soon all this suffering will come to an end. My story is going to end soon anyway. This hanahaki is slowly eating me up from inside. I guess I won’t become a hero after all. Something cold suddenly streamed down my face. Huh? Why are there tears? I try to rub it off but it just keeps falling non stop. Why do I have to feel this way? It’s so painful. Can someone save me from this darkness? I already know the answer. I already know I will die without anyone noticing. No one would really mind if I disappeared anyways. There’s just gonna be one less useless quirkless being in the world. The world will keep on rotating, people will move on. The only person I feel sorry for is my mother. I’m sorry mum. I’m sorry you had to give birth to a pathetic son like me. Images of her crying in my funeral hurts me more. I hope she would be able to move on. I hope she can forget about me.

I stayed back after school for a bit to study for the upcoming exams. As I pack my books away I feel a sudden rush of flowers again. This is bad. There’s too much blood and flowers, I can’t make it to the bathroom.

Normal POV:

Midoriya kneeled down his hand covering his mouth. There’s too much this time. Midoriya can’t make it to the bathroom. He can’t hold it in anymore. Streams of blood start to role down from between his fingers. The streams then turned into a waterfall. He let go of his and flowers and a pool of blood was formed on the floor. The only sound that filled the room was his coughs and gasps. It was more worse than any attacks he has ever gotten. Ten red and white carnations floated on the pool of blood, each petals stained with the crimson red liquid. It was painful, so painful it was unbearable. He felt so tired he was about to collapse but all the coughing stopping him. The door suddenly opened. Midoriya titled his head slightly in the direction of the sound when he saw a girl. It was Yaoyorozu, all the colour on her face disappeared, her eyes were wide open, her loud gasp echoed in the classroom. She stood there for minutes, trying to progress what she was seeing. There was a suffocating silence in the classroom. Midoriya knew he was doomed. His secret which he tried so hard to hide was now discovered. Midoriya was the first one to break the awkward silence with his fit of coughing again. More petals out. Yaoyorozu’s sense finally came back to her. She quickly rushed over to Midoriya petting and soothing his back as he coughs up more flower, petals and blood. Moments later Midoriya’s hanahaki finally calmed down.

“Thanks”

“Are you okay?”

“Haha, I’d be lying if I said yes.” Midoriya laughed weakly.

“Who is it?”

“I would like not to mention them.”

“Midoriya you need to confess to them quickly.”

“No I can’t. They’re already so happy with the person they love. I can’t ruin their happiness.”

“But you’ll die at this rate. I have read a book about the Hanahaki disease, and from the looks of it Midoriya you’ll only last for one more month.”

“I know, I don’t intend to confess to them. I want them to be happy.”

“Then how about undergoing surgery? That way the person you love will still be happy and you’ll be alive.”

“Yaoyorozu, I can’t. I don’t want to. I don’t want to forget this feeling. The feeling of happiness and warmth they gave me. Sure they are giving me pain right now, but those happy memories with them is worth this pain. I don’t know what it’d be like to forget this feeling again. Thinking about it already gives me nightmares. I’d rather die happy knowing they are happy than survive not knowing what happiness is again.”

“…..Does Todoroki know about this?”

“No he doesn’t. He’s already really busy with something else. Could you please keep this a secret for me?”

“But then no one can help you.”

“I don’t need any help. My only favour to you is please keep it a secret. I don’t want Todoroki wasting his time on me when he has some major problems of his own.”

“Ok, I promise.”

“Thank you Yaoyorozu.”