Save me

Love is like a rose, beautiful yet painful

Midoriya’s POV:

Why is Todoroki kun here? Don’t look at me, I must look horrible. I didn’t want Todoroki kun to see me in this state. Have blood all over my hands and mouth. It’s all over the floor. What happened to Todoroki’s confession? Did Yaoyorozu reject him? It can’t be, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu look so happy together.

“Midoriya, I’m sorry.” Todoroki cried, tears rolling down his face.

No you don’t have to be sorry. You didn’t do anything wrong. But I couldn’t say anything. I open my mouth but the words won’t come out. No. If I say anything now I know I’ll just ruin everything. I’ll say the words I don’t mean. I’ll end up hurting him. I should just keep my mouth shut.

He suddenly walks closer. Please leave, I don’t want you to see me like this. I thought I could at least leave you with the happy smiling me, but all that is ruined. I don’t want you to remember me as someone crying on the floor with blood everywhere. I don’t want your sympathy. I want you to be happy. My body moved on my own. I immediately flinched back. Why am I so scared of him? I can feel my body shaking and vibrating. Stop. He’s coming closer.

“Don’t come any closer!”

I shouldn't shout at him. Todoroki doesn’t deserve this. He didn’t do anything to suffer like this. I should've kept my mouth closed. This is why I should’ve left this morning. I’m so greedy. I thought I could at least see him for a bit more. But that greed has paid it’s price, if I left this morning than Todoroki wouldn’t know about this. He wouldn’t have to feel guilty of my hanahaki. I don’t want his sympathy. I don’t need Todoroki to feel sorry for me. I want him to feel happy with me. I want him to smile. But all I can see now are tears.

“W-What?” Todoroki questioned in confusion.

“Please Todoroki kun, Just leave me alone. Go back to where…”

Suddenly I could feel it coming closer. It started to pour out of my moth again. My lungs were stinging, it felt hot. My throat is sore from all the flowers tugging onto it. The bitter taste in my mouth is disgusting. The flowers pouring out. How may times have I seen these flowers? Ah they’re red and white. They look like Todoroki kun. All this pain was hard to endure. But what was more painful was my heart. It felt as if someone threw millions of daggers at it. Stabbing it. But there’s no blood. Sometimes I wonder whether the pain I feel in my heart is because of the flowers or my feelings. This pain, I will never get used to it.

“Midoriya!” Todoroki started to sprint over again.

“Go away!” I managed to stutter out.

Please leave me alone Todoroki kun. Before you suffer anymore. I have to get out of here. Before he suffers anymore. After the last bit of flowers and blood flooded out, I managed to lift my heavy body up. My legs feel as if there were rocks tied to it. Something heavy was weighing down on my shoulders. I just managed to run. I can hear Todoroki yelling and running from behind me. Please don’t run Todoroki kun, your hanahaki will worsen. I know that Todoroki is trying his hardest to hold back his coughs. I can hear him huffing behind me. My legs won’t last. I can already feel it as it starts to shake even more. I know I’ll collapse soon. Where is the closest place I can rest? I turn to my left and I see the toilet sign. I dash in before my legs give out. I can hear him coming closer. I quickly lock the door. My fingers kept on slipping at first but I finally managed to lock it. I can feel the pain hitting me again. I quickly leaned against the toilet, my blood staining the toilet water red. Flowers floating gently on the water. I could hear Todoroki’s loud banging and screams from behind the door.

Normal POV:

“Midoriya! Please open the door!” Todoroki screamed from the top of his lungs.

Todoroki banged his fists on the tall blue door, his hands turning red. But the door just wouldn’t open. He could hear the painful suffering coughs and the tiny splashes as the flowers landed on the water. He could hear tiny sniffs from the other side of the door.

“To-Todoroki kun, please go back. Yaoyorozu is waiting for you.” Midoriya managed to cough out.

“Midoriya, I don't need to see Yaoyorozu, she told me to come here.”

“B-But you won’t be cu-cured.” Midoriya’s voice shakes.

“No, I won’t be cured if I go to Yaoyorozu, I don’t love her.”

“What?! What do you mean you don’t love her? You worked so hard!”

“No, Midoriya. The person I love is you.”

“Todoroki kun, your sympathy is slowly blinding you.”

“What do you mean? Midoriya please open the door.” the red and white haired boy pleaded.

“Todoroki kun, since when have you fallen in love with me? Don’t let your sympathy confuse you. You’re only feeling sorry for me. Please just leave me.”

“No Midoriya I truly love you. How can I prove that to you.” Another fitting of coughs filled the bathroom. The hanahaki is attacking Midoriya again.

“If only I left this morning than this wouldn’t have happened.” the green haired boy whispered.

“So you were going to leave me. Why do you want to leave me Midoriya?!”
 “Y-You knew?” “I saw a bag with a few of your clothes. Why do you want to leave me?”

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t think you’d know.”

“Midoriya, did you really think I could live in happiness knowing you are dying somewhere?”

 “No, I just… I wanted to leave in peace. I didn’t want any of you suffering from my death.”

“So leaving us would make it better?”

A rush of guilt hit Midoriya. He could hear the pain in Todoroki’s voice. Todoroki would’ve felt devastated knowing Midoriya was going to leave him.

“I’m sorry.” was the only thing Midoriya could say.

“Was it that painful?’

“Pardon?”

“Was living with me that painful that you had to leave?” Todoroki cried.

“No, Todoroki kun it’s not your fault. I-I just..”

“You just had to leave…”