I need to save him

Love is like a rose, beautiful yet painful

“Todoroki kun, are you alright?” Midoriya asked in a shaky voice.

“Midoriya? What are you doing here?” Todoroki asked to a surprise of the sudden appearance of the boy.

“I-I thought you needed some help since you weren’t feeling well.” Midoriya replied. Todoroki didn't know how to reply. He didn’t know how to explain his situation.

“How long?” “Pardon?” “How long has it been? The Hanahaki.” Midoriya mumbled.

“Oh, umm, it just started a few days ago,” Todoroki replied.

“Oh, I-I see.” A strange silence filled the toilets. It lasted for one. No two minutes. Until Midoriya couldn’t take it anymore.

“Do you want to see Recovery girl?” Midoriya asked.

“Ah, Sure.” Todoroki starts to get up from the toilet seat, wiping the blood that streamed down from the corner of his mouth.

“Oh, I’ll come with you.” Midoriya suggested.

“Ah, thanks” “You’re welcome.”

—————————————————————————

“Ha, this is not going well.” Recovery girl sighed.

“What’s wrong?” MIdoriya asked trying not to stress out.

“Your Hanahaki disease is spreading in a slightly quicker pace than normal.” Recovery girl replied.

“Is there any cure?” Todoroki asked.

“The cure for it is either to get the person to love you back or undergo surgery. However, once the flower has been removed from surgery, you can no longer love that person.” Recovery girl said in a sympathetic voice.

It was silent. The room was too quiet. Every minute in the room felt suffocating. Midoriya wanted to run away but his legs won’t move. He stood their in silence. “I see, may I ask do you have any medicine that could slow the process?” Todoroki asked.

“I have some, but this won’t cure it. You’ll have to try and receive love back or undergo surgery.”

“Thank you” Midoriya felt so small. He felt horrible. The person he loved is dying in front of him and there’s nothing he can do about it. Todoroki is in love with someone else. Midoriya can’t burden him even more by letting him know about his disease

. —————————————————————————

“So Todoroki kun, are you going to do the surgery?” Midoriya asked.

“I don’t know. I think I will try to get her to like me back. In the meantime, I need to find a place to stay. If my dad finds out about this he would definitely make me undergo surgery.” Todoroki sounded as if he had lost hope. He sounded empty and tired. He was on the brink of tears.

“You can stay at my place if you would like.” Midoriya said trying to comfort him.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to burden you or your mother.” Todoroki replied as hope started to fill his eyes again.

“No, it’s fine. The faster you get a place to stay, the earlier you can work on getting better!” Midoriya encouraged Todoroki.

“Thanks”

“No problem. I can help you if you would like.” Who is it that you have the Hanahaki for? If you don’t mid me asking.” Midoriya asked, asking quietly knowing that it was a topic that he couldn’t joke about.

“Oh yeah, umm it’s Yaoyorozu.” It stabbed him. The words stabbed Midoriya like an arrow. It was painful, it was hard to breathe. But despite all that he smiled. “Ok, let’s work hard on getting you two together.” He could feel the flowers crawling up his throat. But he couldn’t let it put now. Not in front of Todoroki. Not in front of the person who is also suffering. He had to stay strong. He had to save him.