Yours (VIII)

Just Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, Sehun.”

“What?” Sehun looked up from his book to give his attention to the girl in front of him. They were doing their homework together, but the girl didn’t look like she was interested in the book that was flipped open on the desk.

“I want to marry you,” she said without any hesitation. Instead, she kept twirling the pencil in her fingers before stopping her movement and stare at Sehun.

If not because she was someone he had known since forever, Sehun would choke. Nobody was brave enough to say something like that especially when the girl was still in her primary school. But it was Jasmine that were sitting in front of him. Jasmine had never hesitated to let him know what she was thinking.

“I want to marry you too, Min.” Sehun wasn’t sure if he was talking the truth, and he had no idea that it actually was going to be true. But Sehun knew that even in his future, the girl would always be by his side.

He heard Jasmine sighed, this time putting her pencil and planted her face into her book. He could hear her taking a few deep breaths before she put her chin onto the desk, pouting. Sehun swore that his heart beat so fast at that cute expression.

“But Shun, I don’t think you will marry me. You are so handsome. You have a lot of beautiful girls around you. And we have some . I’m still in primary school.” She pouted even more.

“You should finish that homework first, Jasmine. It’s still too early to be talking about marriage.”

“Still, I don’t think you were talking the truth. You wouldn’t want to marry me anyway.”

Sehun didn’t know why he was a little bit furious to hear her said that. He was already in his second year of high school, and there were a lot of girls trying to cling around with him, but the little girl in front of him now was always who he thought about.

“We’ll see that, Jasmine. I promise I’ll prove you wrong.”

“I don’t think I’m going to be wrong, Shun.” She remarked sulkily, pouted even more.

 

***

 

Sehun still remembered how his words remained in his mind until years although he didn’t get a lot of chance to meet and see how she grown up when he was scouted by SM Entertainment to be a trainee. He spent his time most in the studio, training and trying to keep up with school at the same time that he could not even visit her when she lived about ten meters away from his house. However, despite how busy he was, never once he forgot his promise.

Jasmine was always inside his mind.

He always came back late in the night when Jasmine had already turned off her lights in her room. In weekends, he disappeared before the girl even wake up. That was how his relationship and Jasmine turned out after years sticking to each other like a glue. Jasmine never once forgot him too, because there were sweets or food sent to his house with a note saying it was for him every night.

Sehun debuted with EXO at young age, and he became busy keeping up with schedules that he didn’t even meet her for months. That was it. Until his mother called him to let him know that Mr. Han had passed away because of heart attack.

Sehun had never been so scared and sad in his whole life. Scared for the girl he hadn’t see for a long time, and sad for losing the man who had been taking care of him like he was his own child. He asked his manager to help him clear all his schedules, so he could go home.

Jasmine had just graduated from school at that time, and she was in her dark blue robe, sitting in the waiting hall alone in the hospital, looking so lost. Her cheeks moistening with tears. Although in that kind of moment, Sehun could not deny how beautiful she had become.

The moment he stood right in front of her, she silently looked up to stare at his face. They stared at each other for a moment before she burst into tears, pulling him by his waist to circle her arms around him and planted her face into his sweater.

That was the time that Sehun realized how hard he has been missing her presence.

“Oi maknae.” Chanyeol flicked the side of his head, pulling Sehun out of his reverie. “Your wife is calling. What are you spacing out for?” he tossed the phone to Sehun, and the maknae quickly caught it in his hands.

The cheery voice calling his name made him smile. It felt like he was in his teen age, talking to a girlfriend for the first time. He was giddy. But Sehun never had a girlfriend. All he ever has was a wife. A sweet and very lovely wife.

“How are you doing, Sehun?” she asked, concern like she always did. If Jasmine could not call him because he was busy, she never forgot to leave a message to ask about his day. Sometimes, Sehun taught his wife had taken a very good care of him, but Sehun didn’t do the same. He was awkward with her because of the long time haven’t been with her, but Jasmine always acted like they had never been away from each other. She was sweet as always, humble but outgoing like how she used to be. She didn’t change at all.

“I’m moving out of the dorm.”

“What?” she shrieked.

“I’m moving out. I’m going to be home often now. All of us already have our own house anyway.”

He didn’t hear anything from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter