Us (X) (Epilogue)

Just Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Shun.”

Sehun sighed. He had no idea how many times he should corrected the girl about his name. He didn’t this time, only silently looking at her as she stared at nothing in front of her.

“If you get married one day, how many kids would you want to have?”

Sehun frowned. “Why would you ask that kind of thing? We are still too young to think about that.”

Jasmine pouted. She sighed before turning her body to fully face the boy next to her. In her clumsy hand was a vanilla ice cream that have melted and flowed between her fingers. Sehun who noticed this grimaced. He pulled out a tissue from inside the girl’s bag and wipe her fingers.

“If I get married one day, I don’t want to get children so early.”

“Why?” Sehun raised his eyebrow.

“Because I want to spend more time with my husband before actually getting one.”

Sehun smiled amusedly. “I wonder who you would marry in the future, Min-ah.”

“I think I will marry you, Shun. I don’t like anyone else other than you.” She pouted again before looking down to her ice cream, missing the sweet smile from Sehun.

 

...

 

 

Her tiny feet kept on running, ignoring the mud that have been staining her skin and dress. It was so bright at the outside of their roof and she was feeling good for some reason. It would be great to explore their wide yard and maybe get her dress dirty. It’s not liked her mama would scold her for doing that. Sometimes, she would join her to play around the house although it could get both of them so dirty.

Her eyes glazed around, trying to decide which flower she should pick first. Her mama really loved flowers and plants. Papa said that mama has turned their backyard into garden because sometimes mama felt lonely to always keeping herself inside their mini library. Every time when they wanted to do different things, the three of them would set up a campfire just outside of their house and sleep in the camp for a night.

Happily, the little girl started to pick one flower from every plant and hold them carefully with her tiny hands.

“Jieun-ah. I don’t mind you getting that dress dirty but stop eating my flowers please. I don’t cook in the house for you to eat the flowers outside.” Her mama hollered from inside the house. A few seconds later, she could see her mama’s head peeking out from their backdoor to the yard.

Hearing that, the little girl giggled happily. It as if her mama already knew that she would exactly do what she said she should not. There was a lot of flowers in their garden anyway. Picking and eating one or two flowers should not be a problem.

“Oh Jieun. What did I tell you about eating flowers?” Suddenly, the voice could be heard just behind her. Slowly, the little girl turned around, blinking innocently with a few flowers in between her fingers.

“I cannot eat them.”

“But what did you do?”

“Eat them.”

It was so hard for Jasmine to pretend that she was angry when she looked down to her daughter who looked exactly like her husband. Jieun was tilting her head, big eyes staring at her back. Smiling, Jasmine scooped down the girl and kissed her forehead lovingly.

“Stop eating them, Jieun. Papa might scold you if he knows.” Jasmine warned softly, which earned her a pout from her daughter. Jieun never dared to eat flowers when her papa was home. Last time she did that, she could not get to eat her favorite candy for a week.

“But why would papa angry about flower? They are tasty!”

“You might end up swallow a bug or something, baby. Please don’t. You don’t like going to hospital, right?”

Hearing that, Jieun immediately shook her head. She hated hospital the most.

“Then, stop eating flowers, alright? Come to me. Let’s get you to shower and then we can have lunch.”

“Mama, is papa home today?” Jieun looked up to Jasmine, her eyes glistening with hope. She could not remember how many days it has been since she saw Sehun in this home. And to get to see him in front of her was so different compared to watching him from tv screen.

Jasmine smiled. “No baby. We will be the one to go and meet him.”

 

 

Sehun had to wait for four years before his wife’s dream to help him release his solo album with songs written by her to come true. Jasmine was pregnant with their daughter when he was preparing for his solo album and his focus was thrown away because he was worried sick for his wife. Preparing for album meant that he would be really busy and being busy meant he could not go home as often as usual. He could not dare to leave Jasmine all alone in the house when she needed him the most.

Sehun actually took a few months away from his work when Jasmine has been seven months pregnant with Jieun. He was eager to be with her although Jasmine tried to give him so many excuses to let him work. Sehun didn’t care. He was with his decision and nobody dared to fight after he gave his word about it. When Jieun was one year old, he had to go for military.

He stared at his phone. The wallpaper of Jasmine and their baby girl brought a smile upon his lips. He could be working all day but whenever he looked at their pictures, he would not feel tired at all. Thinking about his girls always made him so excited to work and end them quickly so he could go home.

“It’s your first solo album but you don’t look nervous at all.” Kai nudged his elbow, making him looked up from his phone. He was so engrossed into thinking about his family at home that he did not notice that every members of EXO have come into the waiting room.

“How is Jieun? Is she healthy? Has she tried to speak Chinese again? I want to teach her to be fluent.” Lay, who has now come back to Korea so they could work for new album with complete members again. He had been successful with his solo carrier and now wanted to work with his brothers again.

“Next time we visit your house we shouldn’t bring Chanyeol. Jieun really loves to pull his ears. He might lose them one d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter