chapter 8

New start, Old beginnings, Chanyeol POV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol woke up the next morning warm and comfortable.  He had absolutely no idea where he was.  Without opening his eyes, he wanted to snuggle back to sleep, then he realised he had Alex in his arms. 

Opening his eyes slowly, looking down, he had both of his arms wrapped around Alexandra, who was fast asleep in the crook of his neck.  For a moment he was truly at peace, and happy, before he realised he shouldn’t be here, he shouldn’t have fallen asleep and if she was to wake up there would be some serious questions he had to answer.  It occurred to him that maybe, just maybe it wouldn’t be the worst way to tell her everything, before he heard a definite knock at the door.  Cursing that he would now have to move, he gently untangled himself from her, looking back over her with as much love as he had he made his way into the living room.  He was almost at the door when it opened. 

Junmyeon stepped into the room and stopped dead on sight of Chanyeol.

‘Junmyeon?’  Chanyeol questioned in barely a whisper.

Junmyeon didn’t look overly excited to see him there.  His eyes narrowed, confused, his lips parting slightly, Chanyeol got the distinct impression Junmyeon wasn’t happy with him.

‘Chanyeol.’  Junmyeon spoke back, with a sour edge to his voice.  He looked down first, recovering himself from the shock of seeing Chanyeol stood there.

‘Why are you here?’ Chanyeol asked before he had time to think.

Junmyeon surveyed him before he answered.  ‘Jongdae told me what happened, so I came to check she was ok.  Have you been here all night?’ Chanyeol noted how there was definitely something off with his voice, breaking his heart a little.  He didn’t want to fight with Junmyeon over a girl, but this was his girl, not Junmyeons.

‘Yeah I fell asleep on the sofa by accident.’ Chanyeol replied, using a strange voice.  The lie rolled out of him easily. 

‘How do you know her?’  Chanyeol asked, it was the first thing he could think of the break some of the tension between them.  Mentally he swore to himself for asking such a stupid thing. 

Junmyeons eyebrow twitched up a fraction, as if he expected Chanyeol to already know. 

‘She was the girl I ran into in the lobby remember?  We arranged to go on a date before I had to leave.’ Junmyeon told him, his face had relaxed, and he no longer looked suspiciously at Chanyeol.

‘Oh,’ Chanyeol replied, he did not expect that Junmyeon would say they were going on a date, he didn’t even try to hide how surprised he was.  ‘Oh,’ he repeated standing awkwardly looking at the floor. 

‘How do you know her anyway?’  Junmyeon asked, he still hadn’t really moved from just inside the doorway.

‘Oh,’ Chanyeol searched his empty brain for an answer, then said ‘She tried out for my MV a few days ago, the director loved her, and Baekhyun told me she lived here.’  He settled on sticking to the half lie he had told Jongdae and Minseok the previous night.

‘Oh really?  She’ll be in the MV?’ Junmyeon clearly had not been told about this by Baekhyun or anyone else. 

‘Yeah Hae-soo loved her.’   Chanyeol replied, trying to sound like it didn’t matter to him either way. 

‘Well you did the right thing by bringing her home.  She needed someone to stay with her.’  Junmyeon said clearing his throat a little and walked through the living room, looking around him as if he owned the place.  Chanyeol closed his eyes cringing at Junmyeon.  A few minutes ago, he had been the happiest person on the planet.  Now he wanted to die.  Junmyeon peered a little at the closed door of her bedroom.

‘So, she’s still asleep?’ He asked turning his attention back to Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol nodded mutely, walking over to the side of the sofa to retrieve his coat.  ‘Yeah, I had to move her off the sofa, the doctor said the tablets might knock her out for a while.’ 

Junmyeon eyed the coat in Chanyeol’s hands, putting his hands on his hips.

‘Ok, thanks Chanyeol, you can go home now.  Get some real rest.  I’m here now.’  The tone of Junmyeons voice was final.  Something Chanyeol very rarely heard from Junmyeon, it was as if he was accentuating his dominance over Chanyeol.

Chanyeol couldn’t stand the look in his eyes anymore.  Looking down he made towards to door telling him, ‘Yeah, sure I’m tired anyway.’ Opening the door, he hovered, wondering if he should say something, but he didn’t.  Instead he closed the door lightly and headed towards his own apartment. 

 

‘Good morning.’  Baekhyun looked up from his position on the sofa as Chanyeol made his way grumpily into the apartment.  ‘You didn’t come home.’  Baekhyun commented with something of a lilt to his voice indicating he wanted to know more.

‘No.’  Chanyeol said stiffly, rummaging in the kitchen mostly for something to do. 

‘Uhuh, so?’  Baekhyun pressed him, getting up and leaning on the doorframe, watching Chanyeol carefully.

‘So, what?’  Chanyeol grumbled back, his head still in the fridge.

‘So, how is she?  Since you so lovingly cared for her all night.’  Baekhyun’s tone was unmistakable.  Chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter