Chapter 15

New start, Old beginnings, Chanyeol POV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘You told her WHAT?’ Baekhyun’s usually cheeky face contorted hideously as Chanyeol had explained to him what he told Alex that morning.

He shrugged, as if it was no big deal, with his eyes trained intently on the tv.

‘You are a massive prat Park Chanyeol.’  Baekhyun shoved him.

‘Hey!’  Chanyeol moaned back, putting his hands up to stop the attack.  ‘She didn’t dispute it, she wants Junmyeon,’ He whined.

‘NO SHE DOESN’T.  You didn’t give her a choice!  You barely waited for an answer by the sound of it.’  Baekhyun reprimanded.

‘I didn’t need to stand around like a fool and wait to be told what I could already see.’  Chanyeol huffed, pressing play on the controllers.

‘ing moron.’  Baekhyun huffed back as he stood over the back of the sofa and headed towards the front door.

‘Where are you going?’  Chanyeol cried, gesturing wildly to the tv where the game was about to start.

‘I’m going to fix your mess.  Idiot.’  Baekhyun sighed, dramatically flinging the door open and leaving. 

Chanyeol couldn’t understand what his issue was.  It was hard enough that he had given up the love of his life to Junmyeon, he assumed Baekhyun would give him some sympathy.  After having a cry earlier that day, he was looking for some distraction in the form of his best friend, who was by this time, awake and groaning on the sofa.  He had told him what had happened, expecting Baekhyun to commend him for being so selfless, and then maybe give him a bit of sympathy, but instead he shouted at him and called him a fool. 

Chanyeol had lost all desire to play his computer game at this point and grabbing his guitar and a pad he left the apartment after Baekhyun but went onto the roof where he spent the afternoon strumming and focusing his pain into a new song. 

He didn’t realise how late it was until the freezing air started to affect his fingers and he could no longer play anymore.  He decided to leave the guitar up here on the roof, it had helped him to feel much calmer than before, though he took the pad back downstairs.  He had come up with a melody, and perfected it, but the lyrics were evading him, the only thing he had written on the top of the pad was one lonely word.  ‘Butterfly.’

He hungrily made his way back into the apartment, where Baekhyun, Sehun and Jongdae were all occupied in the living room, half watching a movie.

‘Your back?’  Chanyeol shouted to Sehun as soon as his eyes rested on him.

‘Yeah I was back yesterday but so damn tired.  France is miles away man.’  Sehun chuckled, taking another chicken leg to devour.

‘We’ve got chicken, you hungry?’  Jongdae shouted to him, as Chanyeol emerged from the kitchen with a drink.

‘Absolutely.’  He smiled easily helping himself to the boxes of food.

‘Where have you been all day?’  Baekhyun asked with barely concealed suspicion in his eyes.

‘Just … out.’  Chanyeol answered vaguely.  Baekhyun’s eyes narrowed but he didn’t comment.  Neither Jongdae nor Sehun noticed anything was wrong.

‘So we are going for a drink with this girl and her sister?’  Sehun asked ripping the last of the chicken flesh from its bone.

‘Yeah, they’re twins.’  Baekhyun smiled at him eagerly.

‘Kyungsoo has a crush on the twin.’  Jongdae told Sehun with a smile.  It was clear before Chanyeol had come back both Baekhyun and Jongdae had been updating their youngest member on the happenings of the past few weeks.

‘And this girl was in your mv?’  Sehun turned to Chanyeol who eyed him carefully.  What had Baekhyun been saying?

‘Yeah.’  Chanyeol said busying himself with more food.

‘So she’s an actress?’  He asked looking between all of them.

‘No she’s a writer or something right?’  Jongdae answered looking to Baekhyun for confirmation who nodded enthusiastically.

‘She’s been dating Junmyeon.’  Jongdae continued, sliding his eyes back to the tv.

‘Really?’  Sehun giggled.

‘What’s funny?’  Chanyeol asked before he could stop himself.

‘He never said a word.’  Sehun smiled at him.

‘Really?  He’s barely shut up about her.’  Jongdae commented raising his brow.

Sehun chuckled as Chanyeol threw the ravaged chicken bone back in the box and frowned.  Looking up Baekhyun caught his eye, looking sorrowfully at him. 

‘I’m going to bed.’  Chanyeol sighed, getting up to a chorus of goodnights, throwing himself down on his bed, wondering how he was going to get over this mess he had created around him.

 

The next morning Chanyeol had no plans, he was free for a while now, only dwelling on his rubbish love life and writing sad songs on his agenda.

‘Ella arrives today.’  Baekhyun spoke into the silence, making Chanyeol jump as he dragged himself through the living room into the kitchen.  He hadn’t spotted him playing on his phone on the sofa.

‘So?’  Chanyeol shot back as if he didn’t care.

‘SO, I am going to find out everything I can and help you.’  Baekhyun retorted putting the phone down.

‘Can’t you just leave it?’  Chanyeol frowned at him turning the kettle on to make himself some tea.

‘No.’  Baekhyun answered simply, leaning against the door frame to the kitchen.

Chanyeol shot him a look of distain and kept his mouth shut choosing not to comment. 

‘She appreciated the donuts.’  Baekhyun continued to talk despite Chanyeol’s silence.

‘Donuts?’  Chanyeol asked, feeling his stomach squirm at the lack of food in there.

‘Yeah I took her donuts when I left yesterday to fix your mess.’  Baekhyun shot at him.

‘How exactly are you planning to ‘fix’ this?’  Chanyeol demanded, using quotation marks to highlight the word fix.

‘All in hand my man.’  Baekhyun grinned as he did when he had something up his sleeve. 

‘Did you tell her already?’  Chanyeol asked staring at him with fear cursing through him.

‘No, that’s your job.’  Baekhyun shook his head lightly, jumping up onto the counter.

‘I’m not…’ Chanyeol began.

‘Listen, we ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter