Chapter 17

New start, Old beginnings, Chanyeol POV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘The rules are simple, you say something you have never done, by stating ‘I never’ or ‘Never have I ever’ if anyone around the table has, they drink.’ Baekhyun proclaimed with delight looking at everyone individually.

As they began playing with Minseok losing a game of rock, paper, scissors and going first, then clockwise around the table, everyone seemed to be directing their ‘I never’s’ at Baekhyun, in a bid to punish him for suggesting the game, so he had to drink, almost every round. 

‘I never had a twin,’ said Jongdae, grinning between Ella and Alex.

‘That’s really not fair.  It’s not something you do or don’t do, you’re born that way,’ Ella complained, as Kyungsoo seemed to throw a scowl at Jongdae, who whimpered slightly catching his eye.

‘It passes, drink!’ commanded Baekhyun, banging a fist on the table, he was getting more and more drunk as the game went on.

‘I’ve never had , -‘Sehun began with a raised brow, Minseok turning to look at Jongin as if he knew what he was about to say, ‘on a plane.’ He finished with a lewd grin. 

‘I’m telling you nothing ever again.’ Jongin moaned downing the drink.

‘You don’t have to tell me, we can all hear you,’ Sehun hooted producing a laugh from Minseok, Jongdae and Baekhyun cackling wildly. 

‘When did you have on a plane?’ Ella turned to ask him with a faint look of amusement on her face.

‘When did he not?’ Laughed Minseok in response, as Jongin buried his head in his arms, mumbling.

‘Leave me alone.’ His muffled voice came from within his folded arms.

‘Jongin, I thought you were so innocent.’ Alex told him giggling.  Chanyeol swallowed back his pain at the sound of her laugh. 

Minseok, Sehun, and Kyungsoo all laughed at her comment, ‘Jongin is a, very, naughty, naughty, boy’ Baekhyun punctuated each word with absolute elation, though Chanyeol thought he was slurring just a little.  Jongin raised his head, slightly pink in the cheeks, and with a grin shrugged his shoulders.

‘I never dated someone I work with,’ Minseok continued the game, as Baekhyun, Jongin, and Junmyeon all drank.

‘You?’ Alex asked giving Junmyeon a playful shove.  Chanyeol averted his eyes, she never shoved me like that he though remorsefully.

‘A long time ago.’ He told her quietly.

‘Yeah, she dumped his when we were trainees,’ Jongdae laughed, slapping Junmyeon on the back as Sehun and Minseok chuckled.

‘Ok, I never broke into a bathroom when someone else was using it.’ Jongin said staring at Baekhyun.

‘I wanted to be close to everyone,’ Baekhyun grinned sloppily, gulping back another. 

‘You’re a sick man.’ Kyungsoo told him, with a look of amused disgust on his face.

‘You loved it the most.’ Baekhyun retorted, Kyungsoo still looked disgusted at him, though his heart shaped lips were smiling.

‘I never made a music video,’ Ella piped up, next in line.  She had relaxed into all their company easily and it seemed everyone liked her. Everyone groaned at her comment though, finding it, as Chanyeol did deeply unfair.   He slugged the hot liquid down the back of his throat without protest.

‘Oy! Butterfly, you were in one too, drink.’ Yelled Baekhyun pointing at her judgementally.  Chanyeol looked between them with mild panic brewing in his core.

‘It doesn’t count,’ she told him, shaking her head magnificently.

‘Yeah it does, drink.’ Jongin slurred over the table, rolling an almost empty bottle in her direction for her to fill her glass.

Chanyeol, didn’t speak.  Not knowing what to say.  Usually he would be encouraging her to drink, laughing along with everyone else at her protests and teasing her, but as he chanced a look towards Junmyeon, and he saw the deeply unhappy frown on his lips, he found himself feeling void.

‘I’ve never stolen my friend’s car,’ Kyungsoo said, eyeing Baekhyun. 

‘No way, I borrowed it.’ He protested.  Completely not true.  He had snuck into Jongdae’s room, rummaged for his keys, and took it on a joy ride, just for the hell of it.  Mostly likely to piss Jongdae off, who loved his car irrationally but knowing he would get away with it, because Baekhyun simply put got away with anything.

‘Without telling me,’ retorted Jongdae with a drunken smirk.

‘Fine, you’re all bullying me.’ He took another drink with a pout. ‘I’ve never written a published book.’ Baekhyun said, directed at Alex.

‘Oh boo, totally not fair,’ complained Alex, knocking back the drink like a pro.  Baekhyun had been directing his ‘I nevers’ between Alex and Chanyeol for the majority of the rounds, much to Chanyeol’s horror.

‘Sure it is, anything music related we drink, anything book related you drink.’ Kyungsoo told her with a grin.

Chanyeol was next, though he had nothing prepared as he began, ‘I’ve never,’ pausing to think about what he wanted to say for a heart beat before Junmyeon whispered loud enough for him to hear.

‘Kissed a girl my friend was interested in?’

Chanyeol gaped at Junmyeon.  He couldn’t believe he would say that, then the next wave of comprehension hit him in the form of Junmyeon KNEW. This answered all the questions of why Junmyeon was acting so strange all night long and kept frowning at him.  The next though he had was why?  Why did Alexandra tell him, his eyes landed on her unwillingly.  She looked as shocked as he felt, her eyes doubling in size, clearly, she had heard it too.  Her eyes met his as he implored her what the hell she told him for?  She looked away before Chanyeol did, fixing her eyes on her empty shot glass, looking guilty, much in the same way Junmyeon was focusing on his glass doing right at that moment looking annoyed.  

 ‘Come on Chanyeol,’ Minseok shouted over the noise of the table, bringing him back to the reality he was in.  Looking around it was clear no one else had heard Junmyeon’s comment, thank god, but Chanyeol didn’t have an answer, nor did he want to play anymore.  He wanted to go home and curl up and cry into his pillow.  Now he’d lost the girl and his friend would forever hate him.  

‘I’m out.’ Chanyeol he said defeatedly, pushing his glass into the middle of the table and getting up, pulling on his jacket.

‘No, come on Chan,’ whined Baekhyun, attempting to get him to stay by trying and failing to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter