Chapter 21

New start, Old beginnings, Chanyeol POV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somehow, Junmyeon managed to get hold of his florist friend impressively quick, who was bringing about 6 tonnes of flowers the next day, along with a multitude of twinkling lights, and anything else remotely romantic he could think of. 

Chanyeol was overwhelmed, his head was spinning with everything that had happened and was going to happen, but he couldn’t deny that he had the strange sense of everything coming together, the weight he had been carrying around with him for weeks suddenly disappeared, and he was laughing and joking with Baekhyun and Junmyeon, back to the old Chanyeol.

Although mostly he allowed Junmyeon to take the lead in the ‘wonderland’ decorations, he did have one idea, and one request.

‘Can they get a blue butterfly?’  Chanyeol had asked him quietly, as Baekhyun had finally disappeared, getting bored with Junmyeon and his plans.

‘I can try, why?’  Junmyeon asked him curiously.

‘I have an idea, if you don’t think it’s too lame.’  He admitted.

Junmyeon’s eyes twinkled at him as he smiled.  ‘What is it?’

Chanyeol explained why he thought Alexandra had written about him.  He told him how the book was based on a guy from China, who lived where he had told her he lived when he was pretending to be Chinese in their classes.  He had told Alex a story he knew about the legend of a blue butterfly, and how he found one when he was younger.  The truth was he visited there, and he did find a butterfly, thinking the colours were extremely beautiful, but as far as he was aware, he had made up the legend.  Feeling less shy as he got more into the story, he told him if he could get a figurine of the same butterfly, he had an idea what to do with it, and plus, it was the same colour as Alex’s eyes.

‘I might actually cry.’  Junmyeon had told him, no doubt his eyes were swimming.

‘Don’t,’ Chanyeol told him frowning.

‘I’ll see if I can get it.’  He told him, ‘what do you plan to do with it anyway?’  He asked.

‘You’ll see tomorrow.’  Chanyeol smiled, hoping he could pull it off.

The evening was relaxing, even if the nerves of the plan for the following day were beginning to get to him.  Chanyeol had cooked, Junmyeon joined him and Baekhyun to eat, followed by Jongin, complaining he had been kicked out of their apartment by Kyungsoo who had cooked, specifically for him and Ella.

‘If you do that to me, we are no longer friends.’  Baekhyun pointed at Chanyeol with a wink.

‘You’re assuming everything is going to go well tomorrow,’ Chanyeol frowned into his stew.

‘But it’s pretty clear it is, isn’t it?’  Jongin chimed in, having been told, by Baekhyun about everything at this point.  It was odd to Chanyeol to be speaking of the very thing he had been keeping from them all for so long now so freely, but it did feel better.  It felt more like Exo again.

‘It will, he’s just being a again.’  Junmyeon smiled at Jongin.  Junmyeon had surprised Chanyeol the most, but realistically, when he thought about Junmyeon, this is exactly who he was.  If he had a hard time accepting Chanyeol and Alex he didn’t show it at all, he smiled so genuinely, so sincerely, it made Chanyeol feel like the worst kind of person for not trusting in his friend in the first place. 

No one else had been told though, or not to Chanyeol’s knowledge anyway.  He assumed Kyungsoo would know something, since he lived with Jongin, and he seemed to be seeing a lot of Ella.  Sehun would also know something from Junmyeon, but Sehun was more of a ‘if it doesn’t involve me, it’s not my business’ kind of person, and wouldn’t make a comment anyway.  Jongdae had been busy recording for an OTS and Minseok had been busy the past few days visiting family.

 

The following day, Junmyeon arrived knocking on their door early.  Baekhyun opened the door first, as Chanyeol scrambled to his feet.

‘What the hell is this?’  Baekhyun scoffed.

‘This is going to help him, now get some shoes on and help me.’  Junmyeon said to him. 

‘What?’  Chanyeol asked as he got to the door and found Junmyeon standing there with about 10 boxes around him, all holding some variant of flower.  ‘I got your butterfly.’  Junmyeon winked at him.  ‘Get your shoes on too, and a coat.  Let’s go.’  Junmyeon turned picking up two boxes as the two of them scrambled around putting shoes on to help him. 

They managed to haul the boxes up to the roof quickly, in case Alex or Ella came out of their apartment and saw what was going on.

‘Do I have to help?’  Baekhyun whined.  Perching himself unsteadily on one of the boxes.

‘Yes.’  Shouted Junmyeon who then yelled at him to get off the box. 

‘This is pretty sweet up here.’  Baekhyun commented, wandering into the tent curiously.

‘Hmmm.’  Chanyeol acknowledged him.

‘It’s great.’  Junmyeon said, appraising the roof and looking around.  ‘Right, lights first.’  He said bending and pulling open one of the clear plastic boxes filled with wires and wires and tiny ligh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter