Chapter 20

New start, Old beginnings, Chanyeol POV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Get up Chanyeol!’

Chanyeol’s eyes flew open.  He wasn’t sure what time it was, but he was fairly sure it was late into the afternoon.

‘Hyung – listen,’ Baekhyun’s voice was pleading.

‘You knew!’  Junmyeon’s yells were bellowing over him. 

Chanyeol scrambled out of bed, throwing a shirt over his head as he made his way out into the living room.

Baekhyun was stood with a hand on Junmyeon’s chest, as the latter raged at him.

‘You didn’t tell me anything?  Baekhyun?’  Junmyeon’s face was contorted ugly, the rage in him clear.

‘It wasn’t up to me to tell you anything.  Will you listen to me now?’  Baekhyun shouted back.

At that moment Junmyeon noticed Chanyeol’s appearance, he stood stupidly with his mouth open in the doorway to his bed room cowering at Junmyeon.

‘YOU!’ He raged forward, pushing Baekhyun out the way.  ‘What did you do?’ He demanded of him.

‘What?’  Chanyeol asked stupidly blinking rapidly, feeling about 5 years old.

‘What?’ Junmyeon imitated him. ‘WHAT?’ he repeated again.  ‘I’ll tell you what, I’ve just had a conversation with Jongin that’s WHAT.’

Chanyeol swallowed hard.  He felt weak at the knees as his face flushed red. 

‘Hyung, calm down.’  Baekhyun implored him.  Junmyeon twisted wildly between the two of them.

‘I am disappointed in both of you,’ He raised an accusing finger towards Baekhyun, ‘but you stay quiet, I am here to talk to him.’ He twisted ack around to face Chanyeol.

‘Hyung, it was a difficult night, give him some space,’ Baekhyun moaned uselessly, fighting for Chanyeol.

‘It was a difficult night alright, Jongin told me Alex was SOBBING, what did you do Chanyeol?  I want to hear it from you.’ He glared at him.

Neither Baekhyun nor Chanyeol had seen Junmyeon loose it quite the way he was losing it right now.  They both stood shell shocked gapping at him wordlessly.

‘Hyung, sit down, please.’  Baekhyun said calmly, Junmyeon’s rage was still inside him, though he seemed to think better of himself at Baekhyun’s words, and he sat down with his head in his hands, breathing quickly.

Baekhyun shot a look at Chanyeol, ‘You too. Come here now.’ He told him.

Chanyeol’s feet move automatically, though he didn’t join Junmyeon on the sofa, he stood behind the chair, leaning his weight into it.  Scared less.

Junmyeon pressed his lips to his closed hands, taking a final deep breath before looking up at Chanyeol.

‘You’re my brother.  I don’t believe whatever you’ve done you intended to do.  But I need to hear the truth now.’  He told him, much more Junmyeon like, controlled, calm, and managing to shame Chanyeol all at the same time.

‘Chanyeol.  Tell him.’  Baekhyun implored him.  Chanyeol stood stock still.  He couldn’t find his voice.

Chanyeol stared at the back of the chair he was leaning against like it was the most interesting thing in the world.  Junmyeon and Baekhyun exchanged glances.

‘Don’t I deserve to know what is going on here?’ Junmyeon’s silky voice cut the tension in the room like a knife slicing through butter.  Chanyeol nodded weakly, as Baekhyun huffed his impatience at him.

The silence stretched on, Chanyeol unable to formulate any kind of language.  This was the end of everything.

‘Chanyeol, I’m losing my patience.’  Junmyeon stated getting up from the sofa.

‘I can’t,’ he croaked out at him.

‘You can’t tell me?  You can’t be honest with me?’  Junmyeon repeated dangerously low.

Chanyeol shook his head, his soft brown hair falling in his eyes, that wasn’t it, he just couldn’t speak.

‘What are you doing then?  You don’t love Alex?  You haven’t been in love with her this whole time?’  Junmyeon continued pacing.  Baekhyun watching him, even he was feeling a little scared at Junmyeon’s actions.

‘If you don’t love her then why are you messing with her?  Why are you messing with me and ruining everything for everyone?’  Junmyeon’s tone was rising, indicating he was losing it again.

‘I don’t –‘Chanyeol began.

‘You don’t love her?’  Junmyeon smirked darkly.  ‘CHANYEOL YOU BETTER START MAKING SOME SENSE NOW.’ He yelled.

Chanyeol looked up at him at last.  Junmyeon was still just Junmyeon, his eyes were full of pain, slightly inflects of anger, and a lot of confusion.

‘I – I – I,’ he tried again, Junmyeon’s fist balled up and before Chanyeol knew what had happened he had taken a swing at him, hitting him in his arm, Chanyeol fell backwards crumpling on the floor.  Baekhyun flew behind Junmyeon, trying to pull him back.  ‘HYUNG! STOP.’

He had a fist full of Chanyeol’s shirt in one hand, and a raised fist ready to swing again, ‘I will punch you in your face next time, SO HELP ME GOD CHANYEOL, IF YOU DON’T LOVE HER WHAT ARE YOU DOING?’

‘I DO LOVE HER.’  Chanyeol yelled back at last, a tangle of legs and arms on the floor.  Junmyeon stopped instantly, his eyes boring into Chanyeol’s his fist dropped from the air as Baekhyun let him go.

‘I do, I love her.’  Chanyeol cried again finally the words were out.  His eyes softened as he took in Chanyeol’s words, releasing his shirt.  He turned to Baekhyun, ‘Get out.’ He barked at him.

‘Me why?’ Baekhyun answered insulted.

‘Just get out, give us some space.’ He ordered.  Baekhyun didn’t hesitate again, leaving quickly without a backwards glance.

‘Get up.’ Junmyeon held out his hand for Chanyeol who was still in a heap on the floor.

Chanyeol took his outstretched hand, hauling himself unsteadily up off the floor. ‘Explain.’ He said, pointing for Chanyeol to sit down on the sofa as he paced.  Chanyeol moved, seating himself in the same spot as yesterday.

Chanyeol leaned forward, rubbing his face as he did, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter