Chapter 19

New start, Old beginnings, Chanyeol POV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They laid still in the night under the twinkling stars for a long time, listening to the sound of their breathing.  Alexandra’s hand became slack in his, and turning his head to her, he realised she was asleep.  Her breathing deep and rhythmic she looked really peaceful, her eyelashes seemingly resting on her cheeks, her lips pressed together in an easy and relaxed way. 

Chanyeol, the creep he is, watched her for a while.  Observing the curve of her cheekbone, the shape of her eyes, how her lashes had gently been brushed with a smattering of mascara.  The lights around them seem to shine only to make her look more beautiful as she slept.

Eventually he had to drag his eyes off her, developing a dead arm that he had been laying on.  More carefully than he had ever moved in his life he lifted himself, delicately moving upwards, and slightly away from her, just in case he made some movement that awoken her. 

He reached for his guitar, feeling the idea of a melody rumbling in his fingers, he strummed away quietly, humming the tune, and singing softly as the words just seemed the form a map in his mind easily.

He got more and more into the song, repeating it until it was ingrained in his mind with his eyes closed.  His heart was elated. This is what he loved to do, and when a song came together, melody and lyrics it felt like magic to him.  Doing it while in the presence of a sleeping angel he felt like he was on a floating cloud.

He finished the song, losing count how many times he had sung it, and opened his eyes, flicking automatically to Alexandra possessively, he found her eyes were open, bright and sparkly, watching him intently.

 ‘You’re awake.’ He whispered smiling at her.

‘Yeah,’ she whispered back, sounding similarly to how he did when she had knocked on his door that evening.  

Breathing out a small laugh he told her, ‘I didn’t want to wake you up, but I would have eventually if you didn’t, you can’t sleep out here all night.  It’s too cold.’

Humming sweetly she told him while stretching, ‘I feel warm.  How long was I asleep?’

‘About an hour.’ He told her putting the guitar back behind him. ‘Did I wake you with the music?’  He was suddenly concerned his volume level had been too high.

‘No, it was – nice.’ She told him, shoving herself up into a seating position.  ‘Is it new?’

‘It’s something I’ve been working on.’ He explained, as the heat rose in his cheeks.  It was a very similar melody to what had been in his mind for a while, but he hadn’t managed to break the barrier that had been stopping him from the magic he had just created.

‘It’s lovely.’ She told him, as she reached her arms around her legs and rested her head on her knees looking towards him.  She looked adorable and content smiling at him like that.

‘Thanks,’ he told her mirroring her actions, drawing his knees up to his chest and folding the rest of himself around them edging closer to her.

‘What time is it?’ she asked him.

‘It’s about 11.  It’s not too late.’ He said having checked the time not long ago.  He didn’t want this night to end yet, he wanted to stay on the rooftop with her like this forever.

She looked out into the dark sky softly fluttering her eyelashes as if she was telling him she wasn’t ready to leave yet either. 

‘Why – why did you act like you hate me, if you like me?’ she whispered, turning her eyes back on him.

Her question was one he wasn’t expecting.  He looked deeply at her, trying to gather his thoughts to tell her.  ‘It’s really hard to explain.’ He whispered, nervously.

A faint frown line appeared between her eyebrows at his answer, she wasn’t satisfied.

‘I want to explain.’ He continued, endeavouring to ease that line back into something more relaxed. His eyes darted between both of hers, searching for the words he wanted to say.  The right words so she would finally understand.  He began to panic a little.  

‘It’s ok.  If you don’t want to tell me.’ She sighed dragging her gaze away from him.  The look of disappointment on her face seemed to taste sour on his tongue as he desperately ransacked his brain for logic.  

‘I – I –‘his words failed him again.  She stretched backwards, resting her weight back into her arms.  It wasn’t planned as he leaned down on her, pressing his lips on hers, with his fingers tracing down her body.  There was no logic to it, though you might be forgiven for thinking that since he couldn’t find the words, his subconscious had decided showing her was the only other option.  This was not in Chanyeol’s mind though, his mind was empty, just a strong urge to love her, and hope she understood what he was doing taking over him.

She didn’t move for a few seconds as he kissed her, it didn’t even note in his mind that she was not kissing him back, she was frozen beneath his weight, that was until she began to wriggle free of him.

‘Stop it, STOP IT.’ She screamed with all she had.  He paused, confused, lifting himself off her, catching a look of sheer terror in her eyes before she to manage to get her arms up and push as hard as she could on his chest, shoving him off her.

Falling backwards he wheezed a little at the strength she propelled him backwards.  It was worse than in the cottage at the mv shoot.  His hand rubbed at himself where her strength had been aimed, as he watched her scramble up surprisingly fast and run out of the tent.

He got up quickly, his brain frantically working over time to make sense of the past few seconds.  He followed her out, the door to the roof banging shut behind her.  Grabbing it sloppily he threw it open, shouting down at her ‘ALEX, ALEX I’M SORRY,’ his overly large feet banging with every step as he made his way down. 

He opened the door heatedly, still yelling for her, almost falling over himself at the scene that appeared before him.  Alexandra was on the floor in a heap, sobbing, loudly, shouting at Baekhyun who was perched awkwardly next to her to not touch her.

‘Ok butterfly,’ he told her softly, moving away from her just a fraction.  His eyes darted up to meet Chanyeol’s, his eyes full of concern and bewilderment.   

‘Alex’ Chanyeol pleaded, his voice rising in increasingly more desperate octaves as he repeated her name and apologies at her. 

‘What happened?’  Jongin demanded, Chanyeol snapping his head round to see Jongin wearing the same eyes as Baekhyun, looking nervously between Alex and himself.  Chanyeol hadn’t even noticed he was there.

‘I’m – we – nothing happened, - I – I – ALEX ALEX, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,’ Chanyeol was babbling, unable to comprehend anything as she continued to howl, her body shaking violently with every sob on the ground, like a crumpled piece of paper blowing dangerously in the wind. 

Everything had happened in the space of about 60 seconds, but to Chanyeol it felt like a life time.

‘What did you do?’  Baekhyun breathed at him, sounding disbelieving.  Tears began to fall from Chanyeol’s eyes, his heart breaking more severely than he ever thought possible, how could Baekhyun think he had done something to cause this deliberately?

‘Let’s go inside,’ Jongin was suddenly holding onto Chanyeol, as he still yelled at Alex his request for forgiveness.  Jongin roughly dragged Chanyeol inside his apartment.

‘No no no no no,’ Chanyeol cried, shoving Jongin off him a little more severely than he would have if he was conscious of his actions.  He paced Jongin’s living room irrationally, unable to think straight, the tears stinging his eyes.

‘Chanyeol, CHANYEOL.’ Jongin yelled at him, trying to get his attention and calm him down.  He held onto his shoulders, almost level with him, and shook him roughly.

‘Chanyeol, what’s going on what happened?’ Jongin’s innocent brown eyes looked into his own.

‘I – I,’ Chanyeol shook his head uselessly, he couldn’t explain it, even to himself he didn’t know what happened.  Sure he maybe flung himself on her with little to no warning, but he was almost sure she would return the kiss.  He had felt it in the air that she felt the same as him, even, even just a little bit.  Everything about the situation was making him feel crazy.

‘I didn’t hurt her, I didn’t mean to hurt her.’  Chanyeol garbled incoherently.

‘What did you do?’  Jongin asked, looking tall and powerful as he looked him in the eye.

‘I kissed her.’  Chanyeol stated numbly.  ‘That’s all I did, I just kissed her.’ 

Jongin raised an eyebrow, obviously a little shocked, but from what Chanyeol could tell he couldn’t work out why she was sobbing like this either.  The moment of silence that followed gave way to the sounds of Alex’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter