Chapter 7

New start, Old beginnings, Chanyeol POV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol held himself awkwardly, perched on the side of the sofa for a long time.  Captivated by just how beautifully clear her skin was up close, how long and dark eyelashes were and how they curled up delicately towards the ends, he watched her face intently, as if his eyes would never be able to see again. 

She was thankfully not paralyzed.  Occasionally she made small noises in her sleep and groaned a little whenever her body twisted, which was obviously painful.  He realised she couldn’t possibly be in a coma either, as far as he was aware people in comas did not make noises, nor did they try and shift about. 

She’d been asleep over an hour before he tore his eyes away and lightly gave her hand back.  Finally realising that his jeans were soaked through at the knees, and he was still wearing his coat, pulling himself up he slid the too warm bomber jacket off and went into her kitchen, trying to be as quiet as he could to find a bottle of water. 

Taking a long gulp, with his mind in overdrive, it occurred to him she’d be hungry when she woke up.  If she woke up.  It also occurred to him she would likely be in pain and unable to feed herself.  Taking another look in the fridge she didn’t have any food in there that would suffice a decent meal.  He wanted to go and look through her bags to see if she had any painkillers that would help her pain, but stopped himself at the doorway to her bedroom, realising that would be crossing a line, too rummage in her personal belongings like that. Taking a look over his shoulder at her he pulled out his phone, calling a doctor from his company to come out and check her over, just to make sure she wasn’t going to die in his care.  Speaking in a soft undertone he explained what happened and that she was still asleep, and though he sounded unwilling, the doctor agreed to come. 

The doctor arrived in record time, calling Chanyeol’s phone before he knocked on the door, cautious not to make too much noise. 

‘She is still asleep?’  The doctor asked taking his shoes off in the doorway.

‘Yeah, she hasn’t woken up since she passed out, almost two hours ago now.’ Chanyeol’s whisper sounded pathetic as he looked at the time. 

‘Ok, ok,’ the doctor nodded going to looking her over.  He pulled both her arms up, felt her pulse, and took out some contraption to measure her in ways Chanyeol didn’t understand.  Hovering at the end of the sofa nervously, he took in everything the doctor did eagerly waiting his opinion. 

‘She doesn’t seem to be in any danger.’  The doctor said eventually after several minutes in strained silence. 

He stood up facing Chanyeol.  ‘She could have a concussion, though she’s asleep, it’s not the best, I can’t tell but I would rather not wake her up.  Just wait with her until she wakes up, keep checking her and I would move her to her side, in case she vomits, we don’t want her to choke, maybe move her into bed too.  If she’s speaking and acting normally when she wakes up, give her these, with food, for the pain, but if she’s acting strangely, I’d suggest taking her to a hospital to be looked at more closely.’

Chanyeol took the bottle of tablets the doctor had with him for her pain and nodded his understanding. 

‘Thank you.’ He croaked sheepishly, walking the doctor out to the doorway. 

‘Make sure she eats before taking the pills, or she will be sick.  They’re strong ok?’  He reminded Chanyeol again.  ‘She should sleep again after taking them.’

‘Ok thank you doctor.’ He said, closing the door behind him as he left. 

Now he was left with the task of getting food for Alex.  With no idea when she might actually wake up he didn’t want to order something, and it would be cold when she woke.  Deep frown lines began to draw their way around is face as he considered his options.  If he left the apartment for too long, she might vomit and choke, and how would he get back in?  He scrambled around trying to find her key card, cursing Minseok for throwing it somewhere he gave up after about 10 minutes when a pile of papers caught his eye.  Immediately he searched through them, finding, by lucky chance the paper Jungmin had given her, which had her apartment key number on the top in a large print. 

Twisting around, he ripped a small bit of paper and wrote the number down for himself, so he could get back into the apartment.  Keeping it tightly in his hand he had decided to go to his own apartment and bring back whatever ramen was there and try to make her some kind of soup.  He could keep the soup warm, and just add the noodles when she was awake, after all, they would take maybe minutes to cook. 

Leaving his jacket behind, intending to be as quickly as possible, he checked Alex was breathing and still sound asleep before he ran to his own apartment in his socks to raid the cupboards there. 

Banging his way inside, not bothering to check if Baekhyun was there he made a beeline for his own fridge, finding to his surprise, a mixture of fresh vegetables, and some chicken.  He piled everything out onto the counters, then moved to the cupboards, searching for ramen and flavourings.

‘What are you doing?’  Baekhyun’s voice cut through him, making him jump inside the cupboard and bang his head.

‘Ow,’ he rubbed at the sore spot pulling out the things he was looking for.  ‘I need food.’  He said without any explanation. 

‘For Alex?’  Baekhyun asked.  His tone was lost on Chanyeol who was too engrossed in the task he was doing.  He didn’t even ask how Baekhyun knew it was for Alex.

Chanyeol hummed at him, he wasn’t paying attention as he gathered the things up and left the apartment.  Placing the food on the floor he rummaged in his pockets for the key number and realised quickly he had left it on his own counter in the kitchen.  Running back, he bashed his way into the apartment, where Baekhyun was still hovering in the kitchen, his back turned to him. 

‘Chanyeol…’ Baekhyun began to question him, but Chanyeol wasn’t even looking at him.

‘Ahhh, here it is.’ He sighed grabbing the scrap paper he had written the code on and made his way back to her apartment without another word to Baekhyun.

He punched the number into her door, taking much more care than with his own to open it without a sound, and with one foot awkwardly perched to keep it open, he gathered all the food in his arms taking it into her kitchen. 

Chanyeol checked she was still sleeping, still breathing and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter