Four

Aquarians

Shin Hye and Min Hyuk found his luggage inside one of the first rooms.  The roommate looked up from what she was doing and gave them a smile.

“Hello!  I’m Komari!  I’m your new roommate!” greeted the girl with vertical pony-tail.  She clasped Min Hyuk's wrists and jumped up and down in joy.  “You are so uniquely pretty!  I know that we are going to the best of friends!”

“Oh good!” he answered, pleased by the sight of his pretty roommate.

No good!”  Shin Hye grabbed him by the ear.  “Min Hyuk can’t stay here.  H-she needs to stay in her own room because she has special girl problems.”

“Min Hyuk?” Komari tilted her head to one side.  “That’s a strange name for a girl, isn’t it?”

“Ah.  You wouldn’t know the name because, ehm, you’re from Japan.  It’s all the rage in Seoul,” Shin Hye replied hastily.

Komari nodded.  “I thought it might be something like that.  So...what sort of special girl problems do you have, Min Hyuk?  You see, all the rooms have two beds, but the new students are sharing their rooms with one older student.  Even Hibari has to share her room with a girl called Park Shin Hye.”

Shin Hye slumped at the bad news.  “That’s me.”

“Oh!”  Komari smiled.  “You are soooo lucky.  It is an honour to be roommates with Hibari.”

Shin Hye’s laugh was forced.  She doubted that staying with Hibari would be an honour.  Hibari looked like trouble, and if she figured out that Min Hyuk was a boy...well...

“I guess, Min Hyuk will have to stay here then,” decided Shin Hye.

“Yay!” cheered Komari.

“Yay!” squealed Min Hyuk.

Shin Hye put a hand around her brother’s shoulders.  “Komari, would it be all right if I had a private word with my sweet little sister before I leave?”

Komari flashed her white smile.  “Of course!  I’ll go and see if the other girls are settling in well.”

The siblings bowed her out and waited for the sound of her footsteps to fade before speaking up.

“She’s so pretty,” cooed Min Hyuk.  “Do you think she’s seeing anyone?”

“Bad boy!” Shin Hye scolded, ruffling his short hair.  “Respect her privacy, or I will put an end to this nightmare right away.”

Min Hyuk pouted and picked at his skirt.  “I know, Noona.  I know.  I will be really good around the other girls - just like I promised you.  You won’t have to watch me every second to make sure of it, either.”

“Good.”  She exhaled.

“Don’t forget to follow your own dream while you are here.  It was one of the reasons why you came along with me.”

“You mean it wasn’t just a bribe?” she teased.  “Of course I haven’t forgotten.  This is my chance to graduate from school a second time, and follow my dream to become something better than a white collar worker.”

“You know...in that uniform...you don’t look like you’re twenty-two years old,” observed Min Hyuk.  “In fact, you don’t look old at all, Unni.  Now if we can just do something to cover the wrinkles.”

“Shush you!” She blushed and pushed his hands away from her face.  “Do not insult your older sister if you want to stay here, and I do not have wrinkles!”

“We’ll call them smile lines, then,” brother.

Shin Hye inhaled through her teeth, making a hissing noise.

“Fine,” he sighed.  “They’re dimples.  Happy?”

“Just be careful around Komari,” she warned, changing the subject.  “If you have to cover your eyes around her or hide in the shower to get changed, then just tell her that it is related to your special girl problems.”

“Okay Unni.”

Shin Hye looked down at his knees and groaned.  “For heaven’s sake Min Hyuk, would you shave your arms and legs before someone notices how hairy you are?”

He pouted.  “I want to keep some semblance of my manhood, Unni.  If I shave, then I feel like I really am a girl.”

Shin Hye sniffed the air for any signs of male sweat.  “Tell me that you have at least shaved under your arms.”

“Of course!” he answered indignantly.

“And remember what I said about changing cup sizes.”

Min Hyuk hung his head.  “I promise not to change cup sizes during our stay here.  I will remain an adequate ‘B’ for the entire time.”

“And never leave this room without putting on bike pants underneath your skirt,” she added.  “You don’t know when someone may be looking.”

“Okay Unni!  Enough talking for now!  I will be very careful.  Now go find your room.”

“Okay.”  She rubbed her temple.  “Okay.  Ah!”  She turned to look at him.  “Tell me, does Teacher Jung look familiar to you?”

Min Hyuk looked puzzled.  “Of course he’s familiar.  Jung Yong Hwa is my idol.  He’s the reason why I wanted to come here.  Remember?  I wanted to learn from him because he is the greatest musician ever.  I showed you my scrapbook of him; my fansite for him; my numerous camera snaps of him.  Yong Hwa was the lead guitarist in CN Pink.”

“No...I mean, he looks familiar in a different way,” she corrected.  “It feels like I’ve met him before.”

Min Hyuk shrugged.  “I’ve never met him in-person before.”

She was quiet for a moment before shaking her head.  “Maybe I am just remembering him from your clippings.  Yes...I think that has to be it.  Thanks little sister.  I’ll see you soon.  Until then, be good.”