Two

Aquarians

Teacher Jung Yong Hwa left the classroom of new students as fast as he could.  He pulled up the sleeves of his wrinkled jumper and made to escape down the nearest stairwell like a road-runner.

“Teacher Jung!  Wait!”

Damn, he said in his head, recognising the voice as belonging to one of the teachers.  He straightened up and turned to acknowledge his colleague with what he thought was a smile.

“Have you finished welcoming the new students already?” asked a tall slender man with long flowing hair.  With his high cheekbones and Angelina Jolie lips, he could have been a super-model.  “That was a fast orientation.”

“I told the students what they needed to survive, Teacher Lee.  What else do they need to know?”

Teacher Lee Jung Shin gave his friend an amused smile.  “Aaaah Yong Hwa.  Did you at least tell the students that you’re the new head of Hibari?”

Yong Hwa grimaced.  “Why would I do that?  I’m not proud of it, and the students won’t care where I am.”

Jung Shin tutted at him and shook his long mane.  “I’m afraid that’s not good enough.  You’ll have to come back with me to introduce yourself properly.”

“Oh yeah?” challenged Yong Hwa.  “You and what army?”

He was suddenly knocked forward by a strong arm.

“This army!” answered Teacher Lee Jong Hyun.  With his determined expression and stocky build, he was well suited to being the head of the Jocks.  He flexed his biceps so that the sleeve of his blue shirt rippled.  “Now march, Teacher Jung!  We have new students to welcome.”

“And I’ll tell the Principal how poorly you greeted them if you don’t,” added Jung Shin, flipping his silky hair over one shoulder.

Argued into a corner, Yong Hwa gritted his teeth and led the way back to the classroom full of new students.  He hated working at Saint Blossoms, but he knew that if he lost his job, no one else would give him one.  Saint Blossoms took care of him, and he was smart enough to know it.

He pushed open the double doors and let Jung Shin catwalk in ahead of him.

“Welcome students!” sang Jung Shin.  “I am Teacher Lee, head of the Arts dorm.  I hope Teacher Jung didn’t give you a scare.  I assure you, in spite of appearances, he’s really as cuddly as a teddy bear.”

Yong Hwa started grinding his teeth.

“As one of our teachers left to go on maternity leave, Teacher Jung will be the temporary head of the Hibari dorm.  Let’s give him a clap.”

Min Hyuk leapt out of his seat and clapped with enough enthusiasm for an entire class.  Shin Hye had to shake her head at him before he would settle down again.  Jung Shin gave Yong Hwa a bit of a joking nudge at the obvious signs of a developing crush.

“And the hulk of a man standing next to Teacher Jung is Teacher Lee of the Sports Dorm.”

“Yosh!”  Teacher Lee flexed a fist in the air.  “Students who are tough enough to join the Jocks, please follow me!”

Some of the students got up to join him.

“Omo.”  Jung Shin waved a delicate hand.  “Students who want to join the open-minded Arts dorm, please follow me”

Shin Hye made to get up, but Min Hyuk pulled her back down.  It wasn’t until the classroom was emptied of the future Jocks and Arts students that Yong Hwa came forward.

“I guess that leaves the rest of you to me,” muttered Teacher Jung.  “You should have joined the other dorms while you had the chance.  Come on then.  I’ll show you your rooms.”

In his short skirt and knee high stockings, Min Hyuk jumped to his feet and skipped over to the door.  Yong Hwa resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the weird girl with boyish hair and found himself instead looking at the girl that had scared him from the moment he’d walked into the room.

With her button nose, dimples and wavy hair, she looked just like someone else from his shameful past.  He wondered if the similarity was a coincidence, or if there was actually blood involved.

Regardless of who she was, Yong Hwa decided to keep one wary eye on her at all times.