Twenty

Aquarians

In the privacy of her room, Hibari was undergoing another identity crisis.

“No!” shouted Hibari.  “No-no-no-no-no.  It can’t be.  I can’t possibly be attracted to Shin Hye.  I’ve never read a yuri manga in my life.  I’ve worshipped boys ever since I joined Saint Blossoms.  I love boys.  They’re big and strong and hairy.  Boys are the best gender for me to be attracted to if I want the best life.”

She frowned.  “But what if boys aren’t the best?  Shin Hye is nice to me.  She doesn’t ignore me like the boys do and she talks to me about things I’m interested in.  She has never tried to look up my skirt and she has never complained that my bra was stuffed.”

“No!”  She shook her curly mane of hair extensions.  “It’s not possible that I like a girl!  If I liked girls then I would be attracted to the best girls, not...Park Shin Hye.  There must be another explanation for this.  Think, Hibari.  Think!”

She tapped her long nails on her chin.  “I’ve never been attracted to any of my girlfriends in school.  Not one.  And back in Osaka, that girl who dressed as a boy was not attractive to me at all.  If I was attracted to girls, then I would have liked her more than Sano.  Right?”

An invisible light bulb switched on over her head.

“That’s it!”  She pointed a finger to the sky.  “I remember that Seung Gi Oppa accused Shin Hye of being a boy on the first day he saw her.  What if he was right?  What if Shin Hye is a boy?  Then my attraction to her would make complete sense!”

“But...why would Shin Hye want to pretend to be a girl?  Hmmm....maybe...maybe she fell in love with a girl at Saint Blossoms and decided that had to be by that girl’s side, even if she had to hide her true gender.”

Hibari squealed.  “What if that girl Shin Hye loves...is me?!  Ohmygod-ohmygod-ohmygod!”

Her own two hands reached out and slapped her cheeks hard.

“Pull yourself together, Hibari!  Confirm your suspicions before running wild with them.  Firstly, you need to make sure that Shin Hye is a boy.”

She looked over at Shin Hye’s bed.

“She’s smart...too smart to hide her boy things under her own bed.”  She turned to the door.  “But she might hide them under her sister’s bed as a precaution.”

Picking up her spy gear used for their project on Teacher Jung, Hibari tip-toed down the corridor and stopped outside of Min Hyuk’s and Komari’s room.  There was no noise inside to indicate that the others had returned from their night’s long adventure.

She checked her watch, allowed herself five minutes to complete her mission, and then stole into the room like a cat burglar.

Min Hyuk’s bed was easy to spot.  The bed frame was decorated with the brightly coloured hair clips that he liked so much.  Some were stuck in place with blue-tac.  Others formed glued borders around photos of him and Hibari.  It seemed that the two had become close in the short time they had known each other.

Hibari stored this information for later, and then dove under the bed.  She pulled what looked like a box that someone would cherish and hide private things in.  The balsa-wood lid flipped back easily to reveal a box full of strange odds and ends.

“Ha!” she shouted, ripping out a pair of men’s boxer shorts.  “Incriminating evidence!  Navy boxer shorts complete with front flap for doing boy’s business.  They reek of sweaty ball smell.”

The shorts were put to one side, and she continued digging in the box.

“Hm.”  Hibari smiled in triumph as she hauled out a stack of plastic rectangular cases.  “Playstation games.  The topics include sports...zombies... and guns.  All designed to make a boy feel macho.”

“Ah!”  She pulled out set of dumbbells.  “Shin Hye is conscious of keeping his six-pack while he’s here.  Then he is definitely in love with someone.”

Hibari sat back and stared at the wall.  “So...Shin Hye is a boy.  I would never have guessed it if I hadn’t started to like him.”

She put the box away.  “Now that I have proven his gender beyond a doubt, how do I find out if I’m the one he likes?  I know that I am the obvious choice at Saint Blossoms, but after already being rejected by two boys I like, I need to test him.  I have to keep my feelings safe until I am certain that they will be accepted by him, because I won’t be hurt this time.  No.”  She shook her head.  “I won’t let that happen again.”


Meanwhile, Shin Hye, (who was very much a girl despite what Hibari wanted to believe) couldn’t believe the miracle that had happened overnight for her brother.  Min Hyuk’s dream to learn under Jung Yong Hwa had come true.

More than that, Teacher Jung was patient with Min Hyuk’s admiration for him.  He now listened to all of her brother’s chatter about CD covers, music, CNPInk and food without losing his temper.  He didn’t even dissuade Min Hyuk from optimistically planning the next CNBlue meeting.

As the group got closer to the school, Shin Hye listened in awe as Yong Hwa taught Min Hyuk some quick hand changes he’d improvised when her first learned the guitar.  It wasn’t just Min Hyuk that paid attention either.  The entire group was listening in.  Some of them tried walking backwards to catch glimpses of his hand actions while he spoke.

Shin Hye was mesmerised.  The more he changed, the more amazing he seemed to her.

“What?” he asked when the conversation ended.  He’d caught her watching him out of the corner of his eye.

“Nothing.”  She looked away, but when he was asked a question by Jong Hyun, she tucked her hair behind her ear and snuck another look at him.

It didn’t go unnoticed.  Yong Hwa finished answering Jong Hyun’s question and glanced back at Shin Hye.

She looked away.

He cleared his throat and shifted his guitar from his right to his left hand.  Shin Hye took the chance to look at his face again.

“Gotcha!” he said, whipping around.

She jumped.  The frightened gasp that escaped her made him smile in triumph.

“Y-you’ve got something in your hair!” she explained.  “It looks like a leaf.”

“Aaaaah,” he didn’t seem to really believe her, but he ran a hand through his hair anyway, giving her the benefit of the doubt.  “Is it gone?”

“Mmm.”  She blushed guiltily, knowing that he was only humouring her.  It occurred to her that she was acting like a student with a very dangerous crush on her teacher.

On their way across the school oval, Shin Hye spotted Seung Gi standing under one of the trees on the opposite side.  He was dressed in his school uniform.  She thought wryly that he looked expensive enough to crash a board meeting.

As the night party drew nearer, Seung Gi singled her out with his gaze and a quiver of his dimple.

“Morning.  I see that I’ve missed out on some tremendous fun.  Waaah, I don’t believe it!  Even Teacher Jung is smiling.”

Yong Hwa frowned.

“Well...he was smiling a second ago.”

Erika smiled at Seung Gi.  “Good morning, Oppa.  What are you doing here so early for?”

The paper bag crackled as he moved it from one hand to the other.  “To see Shin Hye, and to give her some fresh bread for breakfast.”

“Awwwww,” cooed Komari.

Min Hyuk stuck out his tongue as if he’d tasted something disgusting.

Coach Lee shook his head.  “I’m sorry, but Shin Hye has detention with me now.  You’re welcome to stay if you want to, but she’ll be very busy.”

A mischievous twinkle appeared in Seung Gi’s eye.  “Busy with what?”

“It’s nothing to get excited about,” Shin Hye said flatly.

“But I’m curious now.  What sort of detention is it?”

She shrugged.  “Boot camp training.”

Seung Gi’s dimple deepened.  “So that’s why you were walking funny across the oval just now.  You should try to hide it more.  People will think you got up to something worse than common exercise.”

Shin Hye bared her teeth.  “If you don’t take that back, you’ll be the one walking funny.”

Shin Hye!”  It was Jung Shin.  “Zip that mouth shut right now!  Violence isn’t just physical.”

“But he-“

“Ah!  No excuses.”

Seung Gi chuckled and tilted his head to one side to look at her.  “Don’t tell her to be quiet.  She’s so cute when she’s mad.”

Yong Hwa held out his guitar case in between the two just as Shin Hye opened to rain down Noona-esque fury on the unsuspecting highschooler.  “Seung Gi,” he said evenly, “Why don’t you take the other girls back to the Hibari Dorm for breakfast.  They can tell you all about what happened last night.”

“But I don’t want to.”

“Yes you do.”

“No, really.  I don’t mind if she verbally abuses me.  I can stay.”

Yong Hwa lowered his suitcase.  “What do you think, Shin Hye?  Would shoving that bread up his pipes make him walk funny enough for you?”

Shin Hye blinked at her teacher in surprise.  Jong Hyun chuckled, while Jung Shin threw up his hands in defeat.

“And with that suggestion, I’ve decided that I won’t stay after all,” conceded Seung Gi.  “Taking the girls back to their dorm would be my honour, Seongsaengnim.  It’s time to ingratiate myself to Shin Hye’s friends, anyway.  Does that put me back in your good books, Snow White?”

“Snow White?”  Shin Hye gaped, suddenly remembering the odd conversation she had overheard as a spy.  She replayed that memory in her head, but it still didn’t make any sense, even if she now knew that they’d been talking about her.

“Look at her face,” Seung Gi handed her the bread and pinched the air around her cheeks.  “She’s so ecstatic that I would go to this much trouble for her that she doesn’t know what to say.”

He was right, Shin Hye didn’t know what to say.

You’re the only one I can talk to about her.  You know that.

Her fake boyfriend smirked.  “Come on girls, lead the way back home and tell me all about your adventures.  I need to leave Snow White so that she can pine for me while I’m gone.”

I don’t talk about that.  Not even with you.

A warm breath tickled the back of her left ear, drawing her back to the present.

“Go easy on him,” whispered Yong Hwa.  “He likes you, and although he’s great with insults, ‘Snow White’ isn’t one of them.”

Shin Hye looked over her shoulder at her teacher, more puzzled than ever.

Why would Yong Hwa feel comfortable dropping a helpful hint in her ear about her love life when he couldn’t even talk to Seung Gi about her?  What was she missing?


Yong Hwa picked at his breakfast and sighed.  He had lost his appetite.  The rice looked unappealing, and it wasn’t because his whole life had been turned upside down in one night.

Shin Hye had not been happy after Seung Gi’s morning visit.

He blamed himself for that.  She hadn’t really gotten upset until he’d dropped that daft hint in her ear.  He knew it had been meddlesome, but the kids weren’t getting along as well as they had in the past, and he’d done it to make Shin Hye happy.

Anything to make her happy.

He was still mulling over how to fix things for her when it was time for his first class.  Shin Hye was there, frowning at the broken window that her apple had flown out of.  Behind her, Hibari was chewing on a pencil while staring a hole into Shin Hye’s neck.

Weird.  Is that what best friends did?

“Okay class.”  He clapped his hands for attention.  “We’re studying chapter seven today.  Ten minutes before the bell, you’ll be doing a quiz on it.”

Min Hyuk groaned.

“But here’s the other side of the coin,” continued Teacher Jung.  “Those who score above eighty per cent on the quiz will get to go on a trip as a prize.”

“A trip?” piped up Kanna.  “What kind of trip?”

Yong Hwa smiled.  It was an illegal kind of trip, actually“Only the top students will get to find out, so do your best.”

He allowed a minute of excited chatter before waving his hand for silence.  “Before you begin feverishly committing your textbooks to memory, I will collect your projects first.”

There was collective groan in the room as the girls pulled their projects out of their bags, folders and desks.  Most of the projects came in the form of memory chips, USB sticks or CDs attached to paper summaries.  He started going through them while the class studied in unusual silence, and it wasn’t long before he found his own face looking back at him on his phone.

It was a picture of him playing Shin Hye’s song with Jong Hyun, Jung Shin and Min Hyuk.  It must have been while Shin Hye was teasing him from the booth, because he was smiling at camera.  He scanned the student’s project with his thumb and caught scraps of sentences here and there.

Teacher Jung, the youngest and the most talented of CNPink, was teased by the others incessantly.

CNPink should have succeeded, but instead some random girl ruined it for them.

It is said that the girl had been abducted by aliens.  They only let her go because she had promised to collect Jung Yong Hwa’s DNA for them.

Whatever happened, it made him unhappy.  I mean, what kind of person gives up a life of fame to teach?  Even if it is Saint Blossoms.

That night we heard him play was the most awesome day of my life.  He is so talented.

I want to work harder at school to impress him.  I can’t believe he is our teacher.

We are so lucky.

Their words were too much for him to take.

He switched off the phone before he couldn’t breathe any more, and looked around at the students responsible for the project.  The ones who had chosen him for their idol.

The Hibari Four, Hibari, Min Hyuk and Shin Hye.

Shin Hye.  She was still looking out of the broken window like the pathetic fairytale princess she was.  Innocent Shin Hye who knew nothing about her past.  They had written bad things about her in the project and she didn’t even know it.

He closed his eyes and counted to three.  He had to focus on one thing at a time.

He got up and walked over to the group, standing between Shin Hye’s and Min Hyuk’s desk.  With great forethought, he kneeled down to their level.  He had to make sure that his students listened to him this one time.  He couldn’t afford to let them idolise him.

“Hibari, Erika, Kanna, Juri, Komari, Min Hyuk and Shin Hye.  I’m sorry, but you will have to do your project again.”

All of their faces switched to stunned.  He could feel the rest of the class watching them.

“What?”  Shin Hye gripped the edge of her desk where his hand was.  “Why?”

“I’m...” he tried not to look at her.  “I’m impressed by the depth of information that you’ve collected on me, but I’m not sure that I’m the person you should be idolising.”

“You can’t tell us not to idolise you!” spluttered Min Hyuk.  “That’s stupid!”

Hibari glanced at her minions.  The Hibari Four shook their heads at Teacher Jung together.

“After seeing your skills first-hand, we have decided to support you,” said Erika.

“You’re skilled and you’re talented,” said Kanna.

“You fit the criteria of the project,” said Juri.

“You make people happy,” said Komari, glancing at Min Hyuk.

In desperation, he turned to Shin Hye.

Her cute chin was dimpled in determination.  “We will be your fans even if you only teach.”

“Hibari!”  Yong Hwa looked at the leader hopefully.  “Tell them I can’t be someone they can look up to.”

“Stop wasting your breath, Teacher Jung.  Instead of telling us that we can’t idolise you, why don’t you try being the best idol you can be.”

“I...”  He hadn’t thought of that.  “I can’t do that.”

“Sure you can,” Min Hyuk said breezily.  “You did it last night.”

Something warm and wet was tickling his eyes.  Yong Hwa blinked and brushed whatever it was back before anyone saw it.  He put it down to being tired, and glanced up at Shin Hye to make sure she hadn’t noticed it either.

Damn.  She looked like she was about to cry too.  He wasn’t about to let that happen.

“Okay!”  He looked at the group and sighed.  “You all win!  I’ll accept the project and I’ll...I’ll try to be someone you can look up to, but you all have to work harder!  A lot harder!”

Hibari rolled her eyes.  “We will if you would stop talking.  Can’t you see that I’m trying to get top marks in the quiz today?  Girls, stop talking to him and focus on your books.”

“Hai!” replied the group.

Yong Hwa blinked at the abrupt way he was being dismissed.  “Ah.”

“Shin Hye, look at your book," ordered Hibari.

He sighed and got to his feet.

“Shin Hye?” repeated Hibari in a more concerned tone.

Yong Hwa glanced back down in time to see Shin Hye pushing her chair back and walking towards him.  Her face was pale and her chin was still crinkled in determination.

In the next instant, he felt her body crashing against him, nearly knocking him back onto the floor with the force behind it.

For a moment she was all around him.  Her hair, her arms, her legs and the quick breath from were all his.  He thought he was going to suffocate from the way she was hugging his neck, but instead his chest swelled to twice its size.  He felt a jolt of excitement run through him at having her so close.  This was something new.  It was amazing.  She was amazing.  He wanted to hold her back.

Then he remembered why he couldn’t.

Her age.  His age.  Her past.  Seung Gi.  Her studies.  His job.  The classroom full of dirty-minded but nevertheless innocent students that he had just traumatised...including Shin Hye’s little sister.

He guessed that his ticket to heaven wouldn't be arriving in the mail anytime soon.

Yong Hwa pushed her off him as fast as she’d let him.  He pushed her back towards her desk and then took two steps back of his own.  He rubbed his cheeks to try and hide the redness he knew was building up there.

One of the students giggled.

Shin Hye blinked and seemed to come back into herself.  She looked around the room of gaping girls and then visibly cringed in shame.

“I’m sorry,” she croaked.  “I don’t know what got into me.”

No one said anything in reply.  No one had managed to process what had just happened yet.  She hovered on the spot for a second, and then tore towards the door.  The French doors flew open as she burst out of the room.

Yong Hwa closed his eyes, restrained the urge to run after her, and then faced the girls.

He had to protect her first.

“So...”  He rubbed the back of his neck.  “That won’t be on the quiz.  Min Hyuk, I’ll send you after your sister in a second.  Just...just all of you, hear what I have to say first.”


In spite of her true age, Shin Hye did what most high school girls would do after hugging their teacher.  She ran to the nearest bathroom, locked herself in and buried her face in her hands.

“You are such an idiot,” she eventually hissed at her reflection.  “You are a dummy, Shin Hye.  A big dummy.  You get a second chance to graduate high school and discover a dream bigger than a white collar office job and you mess it up by falling for the teacher.”

She splashed some water on her face and tried to breathe.

“It was Yong Hwa’s fault.  He said all those things about being someone for us to look up to.  I could see him crying and the rest was just hormones.  That’s it!  It was just hormones.  Nothing else.”

“Unni?”  Min Hyuk knocked on the bathroom door and then rattled it.  “Unni, I know you’re in there.  Let me in.”

“Not now!” she shouted at him, knowing that she was being completely ridiculous.

“It’s okay, Unni.”  His voice was muffled behind the door.  “Teacher Jung explained to the class how I was a huge fan of his, and that you were touched because he was promising to be a good role model for me.  I backed him up, and the girls understood.  The misunderstanding is fixed.  You can come out of the bathroom now.  Unni?”

Shin Hye pressed her wet forehead against the door and groaned.  It wasn’t all fixed.  The problem was that she was still attracted to their teacher.  The problem was that she seemed to have a weakness for him when he was all sweet and vulnerable and being nice to her brother.  The problem was that he had felt indescribably amazing as she wrapped him in her arms.  Too good.  Better than anything she’d felt before.

“I’ve decided that I’m switching dorms,” she said through the door.  “I’m going to Coach Lee Jong Hyun’s dorm to follow my dream as a...as a national ball player!”

“...Ah.”

“What?  I can do it!”

“You can, Unni.  I’m just surprised.  I thought you liked it in the Hibari dorm.”

Shin Hye winced and buried her face in her hands.  How could she tell her brother that she now liked it a little too much?


Yong Hwa had to admit that Shin Hye did a pretty good job of avoiding him for the rest of the day.  Any classes she had with him were explained away with a note from the sick room, or from Jung Shin, who said that she really really wanted to learn how to bake cookies for Seung Gi.

Yong Hwa let it go for as long as he could, and then decided to catch up with her during her detention with Jong Hyun.  He knew that there was no way she would be able escape from Coach Lee’s sessions with some pathetic note about cookies as an excuse.  Coach Lee was not as sympathetic as Teacher Lee.

Yong Hwa found Jong Hyun standing at the beginning of his army-inspired obstacle course.  One of his hands gripped a stopwatch that was about to hit the three minute mark.

“Hurry up, Shin Hye!  You’re not going to make it,” warned Jong Hyun, his eyes trained on the seconds counting away.

“Yes I am!” came the ragged reply.  Sure enough, Shin Hye’s head appeared, then her shoulders and her legs.  She was staggering up the hill in an imitation of jogging.  Her face was red and dripping with sweat.  Her hair was stuck to the corners of her lips.

“Teacher Jung,” Coach Lee turned to acknowledge him.  “What brings you here?”

“I need to have a word with Shin Hye.”

“Sure.  The troublemaker’s due for a two minute break now, anyway.”

The two were interrupted by a loud gasp.

Shin Hye had stopped running.  Her brown eyes shot Yong Hwa a fearful look before she turned around and raced back down towards the obstacle course.

“What the.”  Jong Hyun cupped his hands around his mouth.  “Shin Hye come back!  You’ll get sick doing it again so soon.”

“That girl,” Yong Hwa muttered, pulling off his jacket holding his phone and wallet and shoving it in Jong Hyun’s chest.  “Hold this.”

“I...”  Jong Hyun shrugged and reset the timer on his stopwatch.  “Okay.  Maybe she’ll improve her time if you’re chasing her.  Yosh!”

Yong Hwa tore after Shin Hye, determined to have his talk with her now before she had to go back to the dorm and face the other girls.

She looked over her shoulder at him and squealed.

Man that girl could run.

They reached the first obstacle in no time; a pile of unsteady logs that one had to be careful not to put too much weight on.  The wood shook and wobbled as both he and Shin Hye negotiated their way over without breaking their ankles.

He decided to go around the next obstacle, a minefield of tyres designed to trip the person up.  Shin Hye panicked when she saw him beating her to the other side.  She only just made it because she was familiar with the last patch in the field.

He laughed as they reached the third obstacle: barbed wire.  “This is crazy!”

He heard her breathless laughter in reply, but she kept on going, doubling over under the wire while he ran around it.

“Shin Hye, stop!”

“Stop following!”  She retorted when he nearly caught her before the fourth obstacle.  Her arm was in his grasp for a second, and then she was gone.

He’d thought he’d lost her altogether when she reached the climbing wall.  She leapt up the side like a pro, and he knew there was no chance he would be able to do that without some training.

In a desperate attempt to catch her, he swiped at her shoes, hoping to knock her off balance.

With a muttered curse under her breath, Shin Hye’s feet fell off the wall.  She dangled in mid-air from the rope for half a second before dropping to the ground.

He took some of her weight with both hands as she dropped onto her back, and then put one hand on each side of her in case she decided to bolt again.

Their chests rose and fell as they struggled to catch their breaths.  Sweat was running down their necks.

“Gotcha,” he breathed.

Shin Hye’s brown eyes met his, and the tension of the chase gave away to a very different kind of tension.  Her lashes flickered up and down as she scrutinised his face.

Realising that they were crossing another very dangerous line, Yong Hwa moved up off her.

Together, they sat up, and he concentrated very hard on brushing all the dirt off of his shirt.

“I’m...sorry about what I did in class today,” Shin Hye said, brushing the leaves out of her hair.  “It was disrespectful of me, and I won’t do it again.  In fact, I was thinking about moving to the Jocks’ dorm and becoming a national baseball player.”

Yong Hwa smiled.  “Well, you can do that if you want, but I came to tell you that I explained to the other girls what happened.  They understand that you were just happy because I said that I was going to be a good role model, and your sister admires me so much, not because of any other, ah, reason.”

He made sure not to look at her when he said that.  He was not a good role model for anyone right now.  Maybe it was better if Shin Hye really did transfer to the Jocks dorm and be under the protective eye of Jong Hyun. It wasn’t a bad idea given the situation.  Attraction between teacher and student couldn’t sometimes be helped, but it could certainly be handled the right way.

“Will you get in trouble with Teacher Lee?” asked Shin Hye.  “He doesn’t seem very tolerant of, ah...you know.  I don’t think he’s going to like that I hugged you.”

“I’m not sure.  I guess we’ll find out soon.”


The Hibari girls were worried.  Jung Shin had his hair tied back in a stylish back-brushed pony tail.  It was a sign that he meant business.

The time was just before dinner was served, and the entire dorm had been summoned by him for an emergency meeting in the mess hall.  He had been silent for almost three minutes, and they were getting antsy.

He pulled something out of a shopping bag without a hint of a smile on his chiselled face.

“This, is Yong Hwa Grizzly!” He lifted an enormous toy bear by the ear and held it up for all the girls to see.  The bear had a downturned mouth and unkempt fur just like Teacher Jung’s clothes.

No one dared to laugh as Teacher Lee put the bear down on the piano stool and placed its paws in its lap.

“Yong Hwa Grizzly will play the maternal role that Jung Yong Hwa cannot.  If you need a hug, if you miss your Eomma, or if you are just lonely, you are welcome to borrow Yong Hwa Grizzly until you feel better.”

Blank stares.

He patted the bear’s head.  “Yong Hwa Grizzly can also be used to help you express those strange and exciting feelings that you all experience as you grow into white lotus flowers.  This has to be done in a healthy way.  For example: you may hold Yong Hwa Grizzly’s hand; you may give him snacks, treats and cookies; you may blow him kisses.  However, you may not ually abuse or assault Yong Hwa Grizzly in any way or manner.”

Smiles were smothered...only just.

“If Yong Hwa Grizzly is abused, it will be considered as serious as if you abused Teacher Jung himself.  You will be sent down to me for detention and training depending on the atrocity.  Understood?”

“Yes, Teacher Lee,” chorused the girls.

One girl put up her hand.  “Do the other dorms get a Yong Hwa Grizzly of their own, too?”

“No.  The other dorms have not had an incident similar to what Teacher Jung experienced today.  Therefore, you will be the only one issued with a Yong Hwa Grizzly.”

Another girl raised her hand.  “Can we lend the Grizzly out to the other dorms?”

“No, you may not.  You girls need him the most.”

Hibari put up her hand.  “I feel that I should speak up for Shin Hye when I say that she didn’t hug Teacher Jung because of any inappropriate feelings.  We all know how she feels about her sister, and when Teacher Jung agreed to live up to Min Hyuk’s idolisation of him, well...I am not surprised by the result.  Besides, I know for a fact that there is no way Shin Hye could have any personal feelings for Teacher Jung.  H-She likes someone else.”

The name Seung Gi was passed around in undertones.

Jung Shin absently petted Yong Hwa Grizzly’s ear.  “I understand that, but I will still be speaking to Teacher Jung and Shin Hye in private about what happened.  I hope you all understand and give them the respect they need when they return to the dorm.”

“Yes, Teacher Lee,” answered the girls.


Shin Hye’s latest adventure spread amongst the students like a game of Chinese whispers, yet it still took until breakfast the next morning before it reached the boys of Seoul High.

Seung Gi choked on his nutritious poached eggs when his friends told him the gossip.

What?” he rasped, pulling out his phone.  “She hugged who?

His minions looked guilty as he dialled his fake girlfriend’s number.

“Hello?” Shin Hye answered.

“You hugged Jung Yong Hwa!

“...How did you get my number?”

“My question first.  You hugged Jung Yong Hwa!”

“That’s not a question.  Did Hibari give my number to you?”

You hugged Jung Yong Hwa!”

“Yes, and he was okay with it.  Teacher Lee gave me permission to hug him as much as I need from now on,” she retorted in a smug tone.  “Come here, Yong Hwa Grizzly.”

Seung Gi dropped his phone in his black coffee before he could hear any more.  He glanced around at his friends in gobsmacked horror, and then leapt to action.

This madness wouldn’t do at all.  He had to rescue Shin Hye from herself.