Chapter 8 : Final

Find Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunlight peaks through Wendy's curtain as she started to wake up from her sleep.
Her phone suddenly blinks, a notification that she received a new message. Wendy reached out for it and saw that it came from Irene. 

"I have to go back first, my boss just called and he needs my hand for an important photoshoot ,let's meet after you comes back ;)"

Wendy smiled happily, she never expect Irene to sent her a message after what happened last night, she thought that the older girl would even try to avoid her. But remembering the way Irene kissed her back makes her feel confident now,she knew she has a chance.

"Okay then, let's have a date as soon as I comeback ^_^ ,love you <3 "

Irene was still at the train going back to Seoul when she received Wendy's reply, and she blushed hard reading it. Remembering the kiss, Irene touches her lips again and unconsciously smiled to herself. She still doesn't understand what she really feels, but she wanted to know, not because she doesn't want to hurt Wendy's feelings even more but because that's what she truly want and she wanted to accept what she really was. 

---
Reaching the company, Irene was immediately welcomed by her friend and co-worker Joy.

"Wow! you look blooming unnie!,you probably met your secret lover at your hometown?.. " Joy teases. Irene just rolled her eyes and sitted to her office table. 

"You know that I'm single since birth.. "

"Then something happened during your vacation?.. " Joy wiggles her eyebrow trying to discover some juicy stuffs from Irene like she was being interviewed for their magazine. 

"stop it Joy, I just went there to visit my family and attend a close friend's wedding.."

"so nothing really happened?, haven't found your soulmate?.."

that question made Irene stopped from looking through her files and thinks deeply, and all she can think of was Wendy's kiss. 

"and why are you blushing right now hmm? " Joy smirked noticing that Irene suddenly reddened. 

"huh? me? of course not, it's just too hot here.." as she fans herself. 

"okay, you said so, by the way if you really haven't found your soulmate, maybe he's just near you...more likely he's coming now..." Joy directed her eyes to Mingyu who is coming near them. 

"stop being choosy unnie, grab the chance, I'm pretty sure he likes you, and you're already lucky to have him, he's so hot and handsome!"

Irene just shook her head at Joy's antics as she faces Mingyu who is really coming to her. 

"Anyway, see you around Irene unnie tell me more about your vacay later..." 

"I have to go now Sir.. " as she bows at Mingyu and left. 

"Hi! welcome back!" Mingyu says and smiles charmingly.

"Hi! " Irene just returned a smile. 

As usual the two have their lunch together and because Mingyu insisted. 

"How's vacation?..."

"great!, I re-visited the places where I used to go while growing up, and well my friend's wedding is such a happy memory.." she happily stated while eating her lunch. Mingyu smiles at her watching. 

"I'm happy to know you had fun, I hope I could join you next time, see your family and introduce myself.. "
Those words caught Irene's attention as she looks up at Mingyu's smiling face. 

Suddenly a waiter comes to them with a bouquet of flowers in hand.
Mingyu took it and offers to Irene. 
"Here's flowers to welcome you back, but it's a shame because you look more beautiful than them.. " Irene just stared at it and to Mingyu.

"Mingyu... you don't have to.. "

"Come on, I'm just happy seeing you again...here.. " Irene doesn't have the heart to refuse and so she took it from him. 

"Thank you..."

Later that night Mingyu drive her off to her apartment holding the bouquet of flowers she received.

"Thank you for the ride.. " she says after getting out of the car. 

"You're always welcome...see you again tomorrow Irene...bye.. "

"bye.. " they both smiled at each other as Mingyu finally drove off. 

When Irene turned back to enter the building, she was surprised seeing Wendy standing there waiting for her. 

"S-Seung Wan.. you already came back.. "

"Yeah.. " her eyes landed at the bouquet of flowers Irene was holding and back to Irene's nervous eyes. 
Irene sees the disappointment on Wendy's face so she immediately told her about the flowers.

"Ahm.. t-they just welcomed me back with some flowers..." she stand there and smiled awkwardly. 

"I see, I'm thankful that he even drove you off here, and you're safe.. " Wendy smiled but she's obviously sad and jealous.

"Seung Wan.. " Irene can see it and she's hurting seeing Wendy like this. 

"Anyway, I cooked some dinner for us, but.. it seems like you already ate so.. "

"No, I haven't.. I'm actually very hungry right now,..let's go now and eat... " she excitedly said as she run to Wendy and drags her inside. 

When they reached Wendy's apartment,the lights are off and that's when Wendy remembered what she actually prepared. 

"Ahm Hyun, stay here first,I-I need to clean up first.. " 

"why? it's not like I haven't seen your apartment messy.. " Irene teases but Wendy still insisted and immediately run to the dining area,removing the things she actually prepared. 
She was actually planning to have a dinner date with Irene, and so she prepared a candle lit dinner inside her apartment but witnessing the interaction between Irene and Mingyu, Wendy thinks it's not the right time anymore. 
While removing the candles and some decorations, Wendy didn't notice that Irene followed her and saw what she's doing. 

"Why are you removing those? " Seung Wan immediately looks up surprised. 

"huh? ahm, it just, I think it's not needed anymore.. " as she turned to the kitchen to put the things away but Irene suddenly gave her a back hug that stops her in an instant. 

"Sorry.. I'm really sorry Seung Wan.. " 

"Why are you saying sorry? you didn't even done anything wrong.. "

"because I keep hurting you...I'm so sorry..."

Wendy put the candles at the counter top and turned around to face Irene as she caresses the latter's cheek and smiled. 
"it's never your fault Joohyun, it's me, I'm the one who just keep hoping and hurting myself, it's my choice.. "

Irene shook her head and held Wendy's both hands looking straightly to the younger girl's eyes. 

"Seung Wan.. can you.. can you wait for me?.." she asked but also sounded like she's begging. 

"it's just.. it's just I want to be so sure of myself.. I know I sounded so selfish now.. but.. I don't want to hurt you in the end...even though I know I'm already hurting you now a---" but she was stopped by Wendy's finger on her lips. 

"Thank you... and I'll wait for you... " Wendy answered with a sweet smile.
Sadness and jealousy long gone as she wraps Irene in a tight embrace. 
Irene responded by wrapping her arms back on Wendy's waist. 

That night Irene decided to just have a sleep over with Wendy. They lied together in one bed looking at each other.

"Don't you feel awkward that you're going to sleep with me in one bed? "

"Why would I?, we always do this before.."

"even though you found out that I'm a queer? and about my real feelings towards you?"

"why? do you have thoughts of me here?.. " 

"what?!,of course not!..I'm not like that, it doesn't even cross my mind "

"then what's the problem now?,you don't want me here?" Joohyun teases further, she's enjoying it too much to see how Seung Wan would get flustered, she's even surprised of herself on how she can actually joke like that in front of the younger girl.

"You know that I would even love it to keep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter