The sound of the rain

Fruitless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tok tok tok tok


The raindrops on the window reminded me that it was the beginning of the winter. Winter used to be our favorite time of the year. No; my favorite time of the year. But not anymore. Not since she broke my heart and left me hanging. With that pretty smile and kindness she was perfect for me. My angle. Seohyun.

 

1 year back


"Luhan we need to talk" her voice sounded so serious through the phone.

Oh God! what did I do this time? My mind went on a quest to find the answer. She said 'Luhan'. Not 'Lu' not babe but 'Luhan'. 


"Yea sure babe. I'll meet you at the coffee shop in 20?" Was my voice shaking when I said that? 


"Kay. See you there" Then she hung up. 


The ride to the coffee shop was full of doubt. The sunrise coffee shop was a little off since it began to rain. I went inside the shop and sat down a table near the window. The waiter came to me to take orders but I didn't feel like eating or drinking. I was so desperate to know what happened because of her serious voice. The waiters call snapped me back to reality.


"What do you want sir" his voice was troubling me. I ordered a cup of coffee just to get rid of the waiter. 


"One espresso"


"Anything else?" God why was he still talking? 


"Nope"


"One espresso. Coming right up " I stared at the waiter who disappeared into the kitchen.

 
"Luhan" I heard the familiar voice coming from the pretty lady in front of me. 


"Hey babe!" I greeted her with my cool face on.
She sat on the chair in front of me as the waiter came with my order. He placed the cup on the table and looked at Seo to take the order. 


"I'll have a water bottle" she sounded so cold even in this weather.


"So what did you wanted to talk about seobabay? You sounded so serious over the phone." I flashed her the cutest smile I could think of. But she kept her poker face on. 


"Luhan I hate to break this to you. But I just have no choice. I just wanted to let you know that it's completely my fault and not yours." A shiny little tear escaped her eye and made it's way to the hurried make up on her right cheek.


My heart began to beat faster. What the hell was she talking about? "What are you saying seobabay? What does that mean? "


"Lu.... No.....  Luhan, you know how our company had that chance to expand our business to India? My father wants me to leave to India as the manager of that branch."


"So? " I asked since I was confused.


"I'm breaking up with you Luhan" I took a sip from the coffee with a frown on my face. 


"Yah..... Seo Ju Hyun, Is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter