CAN WE MAKE IT? PART 2

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Mix and Match had finished and iKON completed its group members. Hanbin had mixed feelings about how the show ended. He had befriended all his co-trainees and it was hard for him to debut without all of them. But like what YG said, debuting is a battle of the fittest, and it's unfortunate that Hongseok got it hard when he has the full potential and Jinhyeong who gave his best amidst of his dating controversy.

 

iKON is set to debut next week and all seven boys have their bodies slumped on the dancefloor, panting from the continuous preparation for their debut stage. It has to be perfect, YG reminded them.

 

Hanbin reached for his phone and check if he received any message from Jennie. It has been two weeks since that joyous dinner date and no follow-ups after that.

 

'Hey how are u?'

 

'pls eat on time.'

 

'Jennie it's me Kim Hanbin.'

 

'hope u still remember me ㅋㅋ'

 

'u might be busy. sry to bother'

 

Hanbin read all his sent texts and face-palmed himself realizing how stupid his messages were. His mind runs crazy thoughts like Jennie might not like how he texted her or may be Jennie is not interested in him at all. He groaned as he think of a good message that he can send to her.

 

"Why not call her instead?" Jinhwan who surprisingly appeared next to him, commented while staring at his phone.

 

Hanbin quickly hid his phone and elbowed his hyung. He look at s and he thanked that everyone is too tired to pay him any attention. "Yah! Why are you peeking on my messages?! That's rude!" He hissed rather on a low voice, unwanting to get any attention from s.

 

Jinhwan snickered at him teasingly and nudged him. "You didn't tell me that you're hitting on Jennie Kim."

 

"I'm not hitting on her." Hanbin glared at him.

 

"Whatever." Jinhwan shrugged. "Don't you know that Jinhyeong and Hongseok left the company?"

 

That caught him by surprised. According to YG, whoever did not make it to iKON will have to go back to training.

 

"Hongseok told me that he will leave because he got other offers. But Jinhyeong left because he's dating someone." Jinhwan informed him.

 

"I know Hongseok's plans. He told that to me before. But Jinhyeong? He's dating who?"

 

Hanbin being the leader has to know s well that is why he knew Hongseok's backup plan. But how come he did not know about Jinhyeong?

 

"Well, Jinhyeong is still a mystery for me." Jinhwan said and Hanbin couldn't agree more. Out of all s, he finds Jinhyeong hard to approach sometimes. "And he's dating Jennie Kim."

 

"WHAT?!" Hanbin exclaimed, shocking all the people on the room. And now all the unwanted attention is at him while Jinhwan  bit his lips suppressing his laugh.

 

"Yah Hanbin! Can't you see we're trying to rest here?" Bobby complained.

 

"Hyung! Tone it down! Aish!" The ever sassy Junhoe went back to his sleeping position.

 

"Sorry." Hanbin muttered before turning back his attention to Jinhwan who's now laughing silently. He tried his best to stop his hands from strangling this midget. Good thing is Jinhwan sensed that what he did is not funny for him.

 

"Yah! Calm down okay? Jealous much?"

 

"You really wanna die Kim Jinhwan-ssi?"

 

"Fine!" The least thing that Jinhwan wants is his dongsaeng disrespecting him. "It's Miyeon. Jinhyeong is dating Cho Miyeon."

 

Honestly, Hanbin does not care who's dating who as long as it's not Jennie. Call him pathetic, but the past two weeks of not getting contact with Jennie makes him think of her more.

 

"It wouldn't hurt to give her a call." Jinhwan patted his shoulder. "Besides, you already lost your cool because of those cringy text messages."

 

Hanbin shot him another glare before he stood up and left the room. He checked the time and it's already past 11 in the evening. Without further ado, he went out and dialled Jennie. Her phone's ringing and Hanbin feels his toes are curling up. He's never been this nervous because of a phone call. He waited for several rings before he hears a soft voice he's eager to hear.

 

"Hello?"

 

"He-" Dammit. Hanbin felt a lump on his throat and he swallowed it first. "Hello... Jennie?"

 

Hanbin heard nothing but silence. Seconds later, he heard sniffs from the other line. Is she crying?

 

"Hey, are you okay?" Pabo Hanbin. Of course, she's not okay. "What happened, Jennie?" Worry is evident on his voice.

 

Jennie continued to cry all her heart out. It is supposed to be her schedule phone call with her parents that is why she got the chance to hold her phone for the first time ever since it got confiscated. But her expected call did not come and when she tried to call her parents, no one answered and the only option is to leave a voice mail.

 

And when she received the call coming from Hanbin, she hesitated first but the needful to talk to someone to vent out all her feels urged her to answer it. She broke down when she heard his voice. In all honesty, she missed for him. They might  knew each other for a day but those long talks felt like they have known each other for a long time. And not being able to talk to Hanbin was also part of her frustration these past two weeks.

 

"Are you at the dorm? Do you want me to come over?" Hanbin feels his heart etched just hearing the sobs from Jennie.

 

Jennie panicked when Hanbin said that. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter