CAN WE MAKE IT? Part 1

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie Kim forced herself not to cry in front of her members but when she is about to burst out, she walked out of the dance practice room and thought of crying alone on the rooftop.

 

It has been a tough four years of training for her enduring all the physical and emotional pain. Years of training made her body get used to wearing out but her emotions did not get better. She's been homesick and misses her family everyday but living with her members somehow eases it. And when they are set to debut as a five member girl group, YG decided to kick out Miyeon. Not just from the group but from YG Entertainment itself.

 

Jennie reached the rooftop in no time. It's her first time to climb up here as trainees are restricted on this part of the building. The view up here is majestically serene but it did not help from de-stressing herself. She leaned on the cemented railing and rested her head on her arms crying herself out.

 

This is the same situation she was before when Eunbi and Euna left. But Jennie couldn't blame them since false promises from their CEO caused emotional havoc. And now that another colleague had left, she starts to question if YG still plans on debuting her and her members.

 

'You have to work hard to achieve your goals in life', is what her mom would always tell her whenever she thinks of quitting. But should she still continue when all she is feeling right now is failure? "I'm sorry mom. But I think quitting is the best thing to do." It was supposed to be a statement for herself only but it blurted out from .

 

Jennie continued on sobbing while watching the beautiful sunset she finds hard to appreciate now. Just how could this day become beautiful when she feels a wreck inside her.

 

She bolted up when someone suddenly nudged her. The first thing she saw was a hanky in front of her. She look up at the person and he has this straight face with him, waiting for her to accept the piece cloth to wipe her tears away.

 

Jennie handed the red hanky and instantly rub it on her face. She might be feeling down but she could not afford anyone to see her disheveled state especially if it is the famous boy trainee Kim Hanbin.

 

"Thanks." she muttered after wiping her face.

 

Silence filled the atmosphere. Hanbin made himself lean on the railing as well while watching the sun sets to the other side of the earth. Jennie felt awkward but manage to keep it to herself. YG does not allow any interaction between girls and boys which is why she is not close to any boy co-trainees. Jennie thinks of leaving as she does not want to invade someone's alone time when Hanbin suddenly spoke up.

 

"Quitting should never been an option."

 

Jennie instantly stare at Hanbin and she got surprised when he is already staring at her. She remained quiet to listen to whatever he wanted to say.

 

"We have hard times and you might be having harder ones compare to me but I never welcome quitting on my mind." Hanbin said with all seriousness. "If you want something so badly and you know that you're on your way for it, why not keep moving forward?"

 

That question struck her. Jennie knows that by heart, she trust YG. She knows that this company would give her the chance on suceeding for her dreams. It was on the day she auditioned when she witnessed how YG assured her that she'll make it. And she knows that from the start, training is a competition. Friendship may come along but whoever lasts will definitely succeed.

 

Jennie looked away from Hanbin and heaved a deep sigh. She wanted to disappear immediately from embarrassment. She regretted that she thought of quitting. It just showed how weak she is.

 

"That's just my perception though." Jennie stared back at Hanbin who left out a soft chuckle. "I don't want to meddle if you have already come up your decision. I'm sorry if I said things when I don't basically know what you're going through."

 

"Aniya." Jennie bearly smile to people she's not close with which is why others are calling her a snob. But right now, she couldn't keep it and gave one to Hanbin. "You helped me actually."

 

Hanbin flustered when Jennie gave him a sincere smile. He knows Jennie but she never pays attention to anyone aside from her friends. She's one of the hottest topic whenever his co-trainees are all gathered and do some 'guy talks'.

 

"No big deal." Hanbin said in english making Jennie chuckle. Witnessing her cry and laugh is at least an achievement for him.

 

Silence envelop the air once again. It's already getting dark but neither one of them wanted to go back down. The serenity of the place makes them breathe properly and forget whatever they are ought to do.

 

"How did-"

 

"So how's-"

 

They both said at the same time making them paused and look at each other. Jennie and Hanbin shared a laughter and somehow, the awkwardness lessened.

 

"Why are you here by the way?" Jennie initiated making Hanbin look at her. "If you don't mind me asking." she added.

 

Hanbin chuckled before answering her question. "I always go here when I need to think."

 

"Oh, for writing songs?" 

 

"Well, sort of. I want to clear my mind off that's why I'm here today." He shrugged. "What about you?"

 

"I don't know." She did not really intend to come up but her mind unconsciously directed her up here. She saw how Hanbin frown at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter