JUST THIS NIGHT

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I actually have to postpone the update for “Can we make it?” since I lost track of how to continue it. For the mean time, I’ll stick with one-shots. So here’s the new one.

 

 

********

 

 

"Yah Jennie! Look at this."

 

Jennie just got home from her solo schedule and instead of a hug or a simple greeting, she was welcomed by a bugged Jisoo who's too excited to show her phone.

 

"What's this?" Jennie asked as she reads the caption. Her eyebrows knitted as she read another rumor about her.

 

"Can't YG do something about it? This is like what, the fourth time?"

 

Jennie is too tired to care about this rumor about her dating someone. The first one was another male idol from a different company, the second and third were actors and right now, an international star.

 

'If YG did not ban dating, probably they'll get the right news.' She wants to answer that to her Jisoo unnie but decided not to. Besides, it's a secret that nobody must know.

 

"I'm going to rest now, unnie. Good night." Jennie hug Jisoo as she made her way to her room.

 

She walked past the living room where Chaeyoung and Lisa playing some card game.

 

Before they can engage her to a conversation, she hugged them and wished them good night.

 

"Dinner?"

 

"I'm fine." She went in to her room and locked herself in.

 

Jennie wanted to de-stress herself from anyone. Her members can understand her, that's for sure. But she knows someone might not understand once he hears that rumor.

 

 

****

 

 

 

Ring... Ring... Ring...

 

Jennie groaned as she stretches her arm to fish her phone on the beside table. The phone light welcomed her sleepy face and she squinted her eyes when an unknown number registers. She is hesitant to answer the call at first but it upsets her more hearing its loud sound.

 

"Yoboseyo?" Jennie answered trying to sound polite as possible. For Pete's sake, it's 2:30 AM and it's not nice to disturb someone from their peaceful slumber.

 

No one answered on the other line. Jennie pulled the phone away from her thinking that the call got dropped. But the call time is still running.

 

"Who's this?" She inquired once again but only silence answered her.

 

Thinking that she might be a victim of a prank call, she held her breath to stop herself from yelling to whoever is the nuisance of disturbing her sleep. But before she got the inkling to drop the call, the person answered.

 

"Jennie."

 

A single catch of her name but she feels a thump on her chest. Out of all the people she knows, the way he calls her name is somehow different from the others. She knows the voice very well though it somewhat sounded like the person is unwell or something.

 

"Hanbin?"

 

She hears a soft chuckle on the line. "You still know me."

 

Of course, she had on her mind. She remained silent and waited for Hanbin to talk. It's very unusual for him to call her especially at this time, especially that they should not talk anymore.

 

"I'm sorry if I disturbed you. I just want to hear your voice."

 

Jennie felt herself tearing up hearing him say it. His groggy voice didn't help to lessen her worry. Hanbin is certainly not in good state. She wants to ask him but a lump on stop her from speaking.

 

"Ahh! I hate it. I don't want to trouble you, Nini."

 

Nini, it made her reminisce her good times with him in which she wanted to bring back. But it's something she is unsure if it will happen.

 

"Hanbin-ah." Jennie started as soon as she composed herself. "What's going on?" She tried to sound as formal as possible. She hated talking to him on this way but she must. She must follow the rules or else both of them will suffer.

 

"I miss you."

 

As if a glass had broken, she released the tears she is trying not to shed. It has been a year when both BlackPink and iKon are required not to interact may it be on or off cam.

 

'It's for your career's safety.' She can still clearly remember how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter