Road to My Memory

Guarded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene's point of view

 

"Hi! I'm Amber (fx). Irene's girlfriend"

 

I was shocked hearing that from the person beside me.  It made me hit Amber on the stomach with my elbow and looked at her weirdly.

 

"Yeah. Who would be single looking that beautiful" Seulgi snorted and walked away before I could even explain. I saw how upset she was. I tried to run after her but Amber held my arm to stop me. I turned to her aggressively because of irritation.

 

"WHAT?!" I asked with my voice rising up.

 

"Where are you going? Who is she anyway?" Amber asked arrogantly.

 

"She's my girlfriend, you stupid! My ONE AND ONLY GIRLFRIEND" I said emphasizing the latter part. I swung my arm off her hand and looked at her with anger.

 

"I can't believe you said that. To think that we're not even like that.. and we will never be." I stated firmly and ran to find Seulgi. I looked around the house but no traces of her were found. I asked the guards and maids and pointed that she went outside after coming to my room. I ran across our garden thinking that maybe she's still there then I saw a figure sitting on a bench in our garden. It made me stop and tremble nervously by just seeing her back view. I approached her slowly.

 

"Seulgi.." I said softly, scared that she might be really mad but I wanted to explain everything and that she misunderstood what she saw and heard. She was seated there quietly not even moving a muscle from her position as I approach her. It broke me seeing tears from her eyes as she stares blankly in front of her. 

 

"Don't come near me" She said coldly like how her usual tone would be when she was my bodyguard but it felt more terrible this time.

 

"Okay, I won't come any closer but please hear me out" I pleaded she stayed silent but before I could explained she broke the silence.

 

"Were you lying to me all this time? I'm always scolded for trusting people easily but you were there when I woke up and even though I don't remember you, you stayed beside me and tolerate my childishness and everyone were stating that you're someone important to my life so I decided to trust you so much but now... I'm starting to doubt everything... Irene" Hearing her calls my name again for the first time after she got the accident felt like a choke to my neck and toxic to my heart. It sounded different, like it was full of hatred, sadness and regrets. 

 

"Just who are you to make me feel this way? Who are you Bae Joohyun?" She stated with pain in her eyes as tears fall from it.

 

"I'm someone you love and someone that loves you the most" I stated. I explained that Amber is my childhood friend but when she heard that I liked a girl, she immediately pushed her feelings towards me and never back down unless I'm going to show her that I have a girlfriend.

 

"That's why I invited you along with her to personally introduce you and also for her to stop bothering me" I explained sincerely.

 

"How can I even believe that?" My bear remained stubborn. She walked away but was stopped with a pain on her head. She groaned in pain as she held her head. I ran to her and tried to help her but she refuses and pushed my hands away.

 

Seulgi's point of view

 

Upon talking to Irene, some of my memories came back but with a sharp pain in my head. I refused for her help because I just don't want to fall for her kindness again. I just don't know what to believe. 

 

'All I want now is to remember eveything' I thought to myself but then I heard something fell behind me. I saw Irene lying on the ground. I rushed to her and shook her to wake her up.

 

"Irene! Wake up!" I shouted then I felt her temperature.

 

"You're sick! I'll carry you back inside" I pulled her up and carried her on my back. She suddenly pinched my cheek to get my attention.

 

"I don't want to go in there. Amber is still inside. Can I just stay at your house?" she said in a weak voice. How can I possibly decline that suggestion besides if what she said was true, I don't want her to be alone with that Amber.

 

At Seulgi's House

 

I placed Irene on my bed and wipe her with a towel soaked in warm water.  She must've overworked herself with her job. 

 

"What happened to her?" Yerim asked upon entering the room.

 

"I don't really know. I was so busy with my feelings that I didn't notice she's sick" I answered back while watching Irene sleeping peacefully.

 

"Aigoo. I thought you can't be selfish when you love someone. That you only think of that someone first before yourself" Yerim stated. 

 

"Here's the medicine. Make sure she eats first before taking that" Yerim reminded.

 

"Can you ask the maid to cook porridge on your way out" I requested but Yerim shook her head.

 

"Why don't you cook for her? She took care of you back at the hospital although you don't remember her so try something to pay it back" Yerim stated then left the room. Sometimes, I think Yerim is older than me when she talks. I decided to listen to her and head out to the kitchen, there I saw Yerim sitting on the kitchen counter eating some snacks.

 

"Should I help you? I miss bonding with you like this" Yerim stated and helped me cook.

 

"Yerim, do you think I really love Irene?" I asked her out of the blue.

 

 "Yup! You were head over heels for her, I think" She said while busy preparing ingredients.

 

"Why do you say so?" I asked in curiosity.

 

"You see you started being a bodyguard 3 years ago. From there I monitored your performances and missions. You never got a fatal wound or anything but just a mere scratch no matter how dangerous or hard the mission was but it was different when you became Irene's bodyguard. You started getting every wounds and bruises you barely had before. You even showered yourself with your own blood as you got beaten up because of her. You risk your life to save her manager just because she requested to and you pushed yourself running almost half dead just to find her" Yerim explained.

 

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

 

"You should know better. You should believe me. You even save her upon seeing her that's why you got into the accident and got amnesia" She let out a big sigh and faced me.

 

"You know why did that all happened?" I just stared at her waiting for her next words.

 

"It's because you stopped using your head and started listening to your heart instead.. that's why your job became clumsy and sloppy. All you thought of was to save her no matter what instead of thinking of effective ways to save her" Yerim added. I gave a bitter smile hearing my younger sister's words.

 

"I stalked Irene while you were away for a year and for that duration. She never gone out to any dates or even had news of her dating. So if you doubt her, the best possible thing was that you misunderstood it. I hated her because you became foolish because of her but as I get to know her for that one year, I must say she stayed loyal loving you." Yerim said then con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter