The Encounter

Guarded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*Flashback*

"Now that you're awake, can you do me a favor Miss Irene?" Seulgi asked. Irene didn't want to answer Seulgi, she has a bad feeling about the request. Seulgi noticed that Irene was hesitating. She just smiled to Irene.

"Take these and contact Moonbyul as soon as possible" Seulgi handed the phone she took from one of the bad guys, her phone for Irene to contact Moonbyul and a small speaker. Irene looked at all those stuffs then back at Seulgi in confusion.

"Why are you giving these all to me?" Irene asked being puzzled.

"Because, I guess I won't be able to give it to her. Don't worry she will know what to do with those" Seulgi answered calmly. Irene stared at her, figuring out what Seulgi was trying to do.

"Oh. You have a spare hair extension here in the car, right? I'll be borrowing it for a while." Seulgi added.

"Why--" Irene tried to ask her but was cut off by Seulgi.

"And one more thing..can you strip for me?" Seulgi unexpectedly asked.

"YAH! KANG SEULGI, HOW CAN YOU THINK OF SOMETHING LIKE THAT AT THIS KIND OF SITUATION?!!" Irene's eyes widened in shock and hugged herself. Seulgi chuckled seeing Irene being worked up with her request.

"I'm just trying to make you laugh. What I'm trying to say is that let's exchange clothes. Wear my coat and sleeves while I'll wear you're loose shirt" Seulgi explained.

"And from the moment I found a chance, I need you to jump out of this car" Seulgi instructed carefully.

"What are you saying? What are you trying to do?" Irene asked wanting to understand things clearly.

"I want to save you but to be able to help me at the same time" Seulgi explained.

"How is that even possible?" Irene asked still not wanting to agree with Seulgi's plan.

"I will be able to save you by letting you escape upon diverting their attention and you will be able to help me upon successfully handing those things to Moonbyul. She will also keep you safe.. They will keep you safe. " Seulgi stated.

"They?" Irene asked confirming what Seulgi was saying.

"Yes. 'they'. You will know, soon enough" Seulgi responded leaving those words mysteriously.

"Why are you doing this? We could just both escape" Irene worriedly said.

"Ani (No). I need to meet those people who are putting your life into danger" Seulgi firmly stated with a slight anger in her tone.

After few driftings inside the alleys and small streets and successfully lost the cars following them, Seulgi stopped the car abruptly.

"Now's this is our chance" Seulgi stated and unlocked the door at the back indicating for Irene to escape. Still, Irene was hesitating.

"I don't want to leave you" Irene protested to Seulgi's plan. Seulgi sighed heavily seeing Irene's worried face and her hands trembling.

"We don't have much time Irene. You need to do this. I told you, you need to brave on your own." Seulgi reminded Irene. For a few minutes, they stared at each other's eyes then Irene decided to follow Seulgi's plan and exited the car. She sneakily walked away on a small street but before she could finally drift away. Seulgi said something.

"I might regret not saying this.." Seulgi said as she watched Irene from the driver's seat. Irene turned and looked at Seulgi.

"I love you, Bae Joohyun."

Then Seulgi gave her a sad smile and gestured Irene to hide. Seulgi was about to close the window but a hand stopped it and as she turns to look, Irene cupped and pulled Seulgi's face and kissed her on the lips.

"You better come back.. I know you will." Irene stated while looking at Seulgi's eyes as if she' saying 'I trust you and I will wait for you' with her eyes. They heard a sound of car rushing from somewhere. Irene quickly hid herself behind a big trash can beside the post. From her view, she saw the car being crushed by two cars from the back and in front. She covered in fear that Seulgi might be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter