Triggered!

Guarded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene's point of view

I heard the gun shot that I feared to hear then I slowly opened my eyes to check if I was bleeding but instead I saw Jonghyun looking to his right from a far in disbelief. He froze for a moment with his arm bleeding and his gun on the ground. I turned to look at what he was looking and saw a girl with white shirt full of blood stains and bruises especially on her face, holding a gun pointed to Jonghyun.

"S..Seulgi..." I whispered seeing my precious bodyguard alive.

"Yah. Don't put too much hope in me, Irene. You're pressuring me" Seulgi said coolly as she approached them while pointing the gun on Jonghyun.

*Flashback on Jonghyun's hideout*

"Oh. And were you looking for Irene? She's just right here" Jonghyun pulled me from the dark. I saw Seulgi gasped and felt weak as soon as she saw me being caught. Jonghyun pushed me to Seulgi making me knelt down to Seulgi with my hands trembling to touch Seulgi as I saw Seulgi's state.

"S..Seulgi..." was all I could say as I cupped Seulgi's face full of blood.

"Why are you here? You shouldn't be here" Seulgi said weakly. It broke my heart seeing Seulgi's state. If only I we could exchange places.

I leaned my forehead on Seulgi's and gave her a smile with a mix of sadness.

"To save you" I whispered but Seulgi secretly gave me a comforting smile.

"No. It's me who's gonna save you. Trust me" Seulgi whispered back as she slipped a mini radio speaker (Walkie talkie) to my pocket with the button to talk held on.

*End of flashback*

With that, I was able to shout to Seulgi that we're at Han River and was confident that she would hear me.

"H..how.." Jonghyun trailed off but smirked before finishing his words.

"You're a sharp shooter. I like that" He said while laughing in amazement.

"Not so fast. One wrong move and your client will be dead" He made Seulgi stopped as he took out a switch from his pocket. A switch to a small bomb planted behind the railings where I was stied.

"If I push the button, the explosion won't be fatal but will be enough for her to faint and fall into the deep water beneath her that will definitely drown her" He added. Seulgi looked at me as her face changes to being worried. I slowly nodded confirming it was true.

"What do you want me to do?" Seulgi asked. I can see that she was controlling her anger and was trying to think rationally on the situation.

"Throw that gun and fight me fist to fist fairly" He challenged. Seulgi smirked at what he said.

"Eunae fought you fairly and won over you but you didn't spare her life when you got the chance to kill her with the help of someone else. How am I supposed to believe your words?" Seulgi complained but Jonghyun just smirked back at her.

"The thing is.. you don't have other choices" he said as he raise the switch reminding Seulgi about the situation. Seulgi stared at him for a few seconds with her fearless eyes. She threw her gun away and approached Jonghyun and gestured getting ready for a fight. Jonghyun did the same. The two of them started fighting, letting out their fists hit each other powerfully. Despite the blood Seulgi lost on the previous beating up by the previous bodyguards, she was no doubt better than Jonghyun in any ways. She keeps on dodging, blocking and countering every hit Jonghyun had given to the point he loses his energy and started to get tired.

As Seulgi saw the chance, she immediately did karate moves and released high-levelled fighting skills to Jonghyun that everything went so fast with Seulgi ending the fight with a spinning kick making Jonghyun stumbled to the ground weakly with lots of blood coming from his mouth and bruises all over his face. Seulgi stood in front of him staring at his view. Jonghyun suddenly laughed loudly while looking at Seulgi.

"Dae~bak! You're really amazing! You're way better than Eunae. Work for me Kang Seulgi! Work for me!" he stated like an insane person.

Seulgi's point of view

"I thought you were something big that I strived very hard to find you but in the end you're just a selfish crazy person wanting to possess more power." I said my thoughts disappointedly. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter