After A Year

Guarded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Irene's point of view

 

 

To my surprise, a folded paper fell from my favourite book. Being puzzled because I remembered not putting any paper along with the pages, I took the paper and unfold it, it came with a SD card along a letter. My tears uncontrollably fell as I saw whom it came from. It's a letter from Seulgi...

 

To Bae Joohyun,

 

You must have resented me by now, I'm sorry...

 

Sorry for making our first day as our last day together

 

At some point, I regretted asking you out and making good memories yesterday 

 

For I knew that I will ruin all of it today... but still, I wanted to thank you so I did.

 

I wanted to make a difference even just a little by creating those memories.

 

You can call me stupid and coward for not having the guts of saying goodbye to you

 

Because I think I won't be able to.  I feared that if I did...

 

I won't be able to go and just shove off my next assignment but I can't because I already signed the contract after signing yours.

 

I wanted to stay with you... I really do..

 

But I need you to do me a favour.

 

Don't wait for me and please forget me...

 

I love you and Goodbye, my sad love..

 

-- Kang Seulgi

 

P.s The times I shared with you...it felt infinite

 

 That drunken night, I do remember  

 

Tears continuously fell from my eyes like a rain upon reading her letter for me. It broke my heart but it also calmed me a little because I was able to read at least her thoughts with this letter. I can't stopped crying because it was still painful, the person whom I thought I would have forever, disappeared before my eyes. I wanted to say a lot of things to her and whined that if I wasn't able to see this then I would have cursed her, my whole life. Before almost forgetting the SD card, I took my laptop and opened the files in the SD card. To my surprise, it were pictures of me at the park that day when I thought that Seulgi was a stalker. I smiled while tears kept on falling.

 

'How was she able to hide these?' I thought to myself while scanning the pictures. It made sense when we re-enacted the scene where I asked her if she's stalking me and she confessed that she do because it was all true from the very beginning.

 

"How can I even forget her? Is forgetting even a choice" I whined to myself while still crying my heart out all night long. Sleepless nights came to me for the first time.

 

A Year Passed

 

Third person's point of view

 

Shots and flashes of camera's can be seen as a famous commercial model walked on the runway. Wendy can be seen beside the stage clapping happily to the person's success. It was Irene, she was casted to feature a brand on one of the new shops that opened in Hongdae. After the event, she and Wendy decided to celebrate. They went to a restaurant to eat some delicious foods. After ordering, they sat up across each other.

 

"Oh. You're invited by the big company you'd been hired to advertise recently" Wendy stated happily.

 

"Oh, what is it about?" Irene asked.

 

"Hmm. They will have a guess that they wanted to introduce to the public" Wendy explained and Irene just hummed in response.

 

"By the way, offers of you doing acting are like a storm these days. Why not try atleast one?" Wendy suggested.

 

"Tsshhh, I already told you, I'm not up for it" Irene hissed.

 

"I know. But you never really gave me a specific reason. It's such a waste you know" Wendy explained.

 

"Hmm. They always offer something with kissing scenes which I don't like" Irene explained while looking outside.

 

"Why? You're old enough for that. Besides, it's just acting" Wendy tried to change Irene's mind.

 

"Even so. I would like to make my first and last kiss with the same person" Irene explained thinking about something. Wendy's eyes widened in surprised.

 

"Omo! You've kissed someone? How come I don't know?" Wendy asked while over acting.

 

"You said it yourself, I'm old enough for that" Irene smirked jokingly to Wendy. Wendy pestered Irene to tell who was it but Irene declined and shrugged off Wendy.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter