The Time I Want To Own

Guarded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi’s point of view

After a few days, Wendy was discharged from the hospital after having minor burns and problems with her lungs after almost getting suffocated by the smoke from the incident. Irene just stayed at the hospital for one day then got discharged.  The investigation claimed that it was a gas leakage that ‘causes the incident. The police stated that it was a complete accident.

The incident alarmed Irene’s father and requested to add some guards at the house and even to guard Irene outside apart from me for it was not an accident but rather was done by purpose based on my investigations and I believed that General Jonghyun has something to do with it. It is not a coincidence that he owns the zoo and the hotel SECRETLY..

‘I need to investigate more if things like that would keep on appearing’ I thought to myself as I clicked my ballpen while sitting on the couch. You could say my bed also. Then I beautiful creature got my attention.

I accidentally glanced at Irene who was sitting on her bed while reading a book. She still has some small bandages on her arm and hand from the incident. She’s still beautiful even with those wounds as if she was glowing while reading peacefully.

*Flashback at the hotel incident*

I was able to carry Wendy at my back and got our way down stairs but the whole path was covered with thick smoke. I can feel myself being numb, running out of air but I still tried my best to walked pass through and inch closer until we get to the exit. I walked weakly; I can feel Wendy’s heaviness and my arm’s wound cut opened again because of the pressure that I’ve been putting to my body. I let out a dry coughed and kneeled to the floor, I’m losing my energy until my visions became blurry and all I could hear was the sound of my breath as I inhale and exhale slowly. I was about to faint.. to lose consciousness..

..but then I heard a voice..

“SEULGI!!! COME BACK QUICKLY!!!”

..a familiar voice that I wanted to hear so bad at this moment. As I recognized who owns that voice, I immediately pulled myself together and pushed myself to my limits until we finally reached the exit.

*End of flashback*

“Why are you looking at me?” Irene suddenly asked while still looking at her book. I was startled but just looked away as if I wasn’t caught looking at her for too long.

“Seul.. I mean Ms. Kang” Irene called out.

“You can call me Seulgi if you want. You’ve been calling me by my first name lately. No need to be awkward” I said coldly to her. I always noticed whenever she calls me on my first name. It’s funny because I like hearing it from her.

“Really??.. I mean if you say so” She said cheerfully at first then acted prideful at the latter obviously hiding that she was happy. I chuckled upon seeing that.

“What?” She asked.

“Nothing. Irene” I said as I shook my head.

“What did you say?” I saw her eyes sparkle when I called her name.

“Irene. I should be calling you Irene in return” I reasoned.  I noticed that she was holding herself not to smile. It was easy to read her expressions lately.

“Irene, why are you preventing yourself to smile?” I asked.

“I’m not!” She hissed.

“And now your overly defensive about it” I countered and heard her let out a sigh.

“Fine” she said accepting defeat and just continued reading.

“Why stop yourself from smiling if you look beautiful while doing that?” I asked but almost like a compliment to her.  Then the next thing I remember was me getting hit on the head real hard by the book she was reading.

Irene threw it to me and ran outside the room, Of course I f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter