Part 11

The First Love Stories

Minhyun went back and grab Nuri by her wrist and dragged her along the way. Smiling like he is enjoying this and not being discreet about it.

 

He let her go after a few paces, saying;

 

“Are you back on earth?”

 

“Huh? Sorry, it’s the food.” Nuri replied.

 

What am I saying? What has it got to do with the food?! God!!

 

“The food?”

 

“Yeah I was thinking about the food, whether I had them enough for tonight or not.” 

 

“I see...”

 

They walked for about 20 min more then arrived at her house. She thanked him again, they said goodbye and he went back. She was left behind, smiling for the whole night.

 

 

The next morning she got a call from Daniel. He sounded panic.

 

“I did a terrible thing last night. Nuri help me!!!”

 

She wasn’t fully awake yet. It’s a Saturday morning.

 

“What? What did you do?”

 

“I confessed to Sua. Oh my god! What was I thinking!!”

 

“Whatttt!!” Her eyes are wider now.

 

“I know!! I’m an idiot. I choose the worst timing of all. Actually, it’s just slipped.”

 

“How?? How did it happen?!”

 

“We met briefly after dinner time yesterday night in front of her house. Cuz she wanted to pass me some papers to review.”

 

“Yeah...?”

 

“She was complaining about my careless mistakes that got us scolded during yesterday lab.”

 

“Then?”

 

“Then, I slipped and said it was only because I was too busy falling in love with her that it got me all confused in the lab.”

 

“Oh my god! Kang Daniel!! I didn’t know you were in love... wow!!”

 

“I know I know!! I just recently found out about that myself too!! What to do!!”

 

“So, what she said? What’s her response?”

 

“I can’t quite say. She went all silent then she went back inside without a word.”

 

“Ohoh~ do you think she got mad?” Nuri asked.

 

“I don’t know. That’s what I’m worried.”

 

“It’s possible but we cannot know for sure. Have you texted her after that?”

 

“I couldn’t.”

 

“I think you should. See how’s she doing.”

 

“Ok.. ok.. I’ll try... I’ll text her.” he’s trying to calm himself.

 

“Don’t say anything stupid.” She reminded.

 

“I know.”

 

“And keep me posted.”

 

“Ofcuz I will.” He assured.

 

“Ok now my turn. Last night, Minhyun walked me home. Hehehe”

 

“Wow! That’s big! Tell me everything.” There it goes, her big supporter Kang Daniel.

 

They ended up talking on the phone for another half an hour until Nuri had to go because her mom was shouting out for her to get up and do the laundry.

 

 

Monday, on the way to school, Daniel told Nuri everything about how Sua is not mad as he thought she would be and that they are back to talking with each other as before. 

 

“That’s great news!!” Nuri is reliefed.

 

“So, I was thinking may be I should ask her out on a date for real?” Daniel said that with confidence.

 

“What? You crazy? You just built back the friendship.”

 

“Why not? She already knew I love her. Why wait?”

 

“Woww~ you are really something…” she is speechless.

 

“Aren’t I?” he was still being too cheerful.

 

“Nevermind do whatever you want, now, I want to ask your opinion.” she started, “you know, next week got Minhyun’s birthday.”

 

“Is it?”

 

“Yeah, what do you think I should give him as present?”

 

“Vacuum cleaner” Daniel answered very seriously.

 

“what?!”

 

“what? Isn’t he such a clean freak?!”

 

“Yeah he is but no, I won’t give him that. It would be like mocking him.”

 

“Haha yeah it would totally!” he was laughing out loud.

 

“I’m serious okay?” she snapped.

 

“Make him some food, what food he like?”

 

“I’m not very sure actually,” she said, “Oh but I can make him some seaweed soup.”

 

“Good idea!!”

 

“Thank you!” she also became so cheerful, thinking how she would make the birthday seaweed soup for him.

 

 

After school that day, Daniel and Park Sua meet up at the library to continue their project. 

 

Sua was acting normal like there was no confession happened and Daniel was quietly studying the situation between them in order for his plan to advance to next level.

 

At the end of the study session, Daniel finally popped the question.

 

“Do you wanna go out?”

 

“Huh?!” She looked up from organizing her books to put them back in her backpack. He was there smiling and looking back at her like a cute puppy.

 

“Do you want to go out with me? You know I like you.”

 

“Oh! That... ummm...” she doesn’t know what to response right away.

 

“Please... Sua ah... would you please go out with me? It’s not like you hate me or anything.”

 

“Yea... no, I don’t hate you. But...”

 

“No but please...”

 

She threw her bag on her shoulder and started walking slowly towards the library exit. He followed.

 

“You know I have to focus on my studies.”

 

“I know and I promise I won’t be of any obstacles in that area.”

 

“I won’t have the time to date.” She keep giving excuses.

 

“It doesn’t matter. I just want you to be my girlfriend.”

 

Her heart skipped a beat at the sound of the word “girlfriend” from his lips. She was lost for words.

 

“Would you at least consider it? You know I’m good to you.” He kept pleading.

 

“I know. You are being such a good friend this semester.”

 

“It shows that I can be a good boyfriend too. Hehe..” he said that with his mouth full of smiles. She cannot help but left out a little giggle.

 

“I see,” she said, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

 

“Thank you! So, you will think about it right?” He asked full of hope. She nodded.

 

...

 

..

 

.

 

~ to be continued ~