Part 1

The First Love Stories

First Love Stories 

 

“Yahhh~”

 

Kang Daniel woke up from the sound of a girl’s high pitch voice. He lifted his head up and rubbed his eyes then took a glance around the classroom. No one was there.

 

Am I having nightmares? he thought. Then he laid down his head back onto the desk to go back to sleep.

 

“Yahh!!~ Get Up, yo lazy bone!!”

 

This time the voice came together with a smack on his head. He’s sure now that it was not a nightmare but his best friend Kim Nuri was behind him.

 

“What the hell?!”, Daniel said, rubbing the back of his head. “How come so early and you are here already?”

 

“Do you really forget what today is?” Nuri asked, with her unbelievably big eyes widened.

 

He suddenly remembered that today’s his birthday, then a big smile naturally came onto his face. She put her bag on the chair and sat on the desk beside his. 

 

“Ahhh~ I finally turned 18!! Woww~” he grinned and then gesture his finger to his right cheek.

 

“What?!”

 

“A kiss. Give me a birthday kiss.”

 

“You crazy?! We’re not kids anymore okay?”

 

“But, that’s our tradition!” He claimed. “And I clearly remember you said you will marry me when you growed up, so, give me a kiss here.”

 

“Hey, that was when I was six and BLIND.” she shouted.

 

“So, love changes, huh?”

 

“Kang Daniel, one more word and you will get another not-so-friendly-slap on your head to totally wake you up. How about that?” she said while gesturing.

 

“See? Because of that temper of yours, you got no friends.”

 

“Why would I need one? I got you.” she coldly replied and get off the desk to sit on her chair.

 

“Since I’m your only friend, you should grant me a birthday kiss. Don’t you think?” Daniel just don’t give up annoying her.

 

“Ok! Fine! I will give you that birthday kiss when Sua arrives.” She grinned.

 

Sua is their classmate that Daniel has a crush on.

 

“Yah! You want to die?” He snapped.

 

She was laughing and unpacking her lunch box.

 

“Now, here’s the reason why I came to school this early.” she said, placing a bowl of soup on his desk.

 

“Woww~ seaweed soup?!” he said with full of excitement.

 

“Of course! And as usual, your mom was on the phone while my mom’s making it” she said smiling .

 

“So, that must be the exact same taste as my mom making right?!”

 

“Sure it is!! Try it!”

 

Daniel mom is in United States. Every year on his birthday, she used to visit him. But, if she couldn’t make it, she always ringed Nuri’s mom and ask her to make a traditional seaweed soup for her son. 

 

How sweet! Daniel thought while enjoying the soup and imagining how much nicer would it be if his mom was here for his 18th birthday too. After all, he was still a boy who misses his mom.

 

While they were fighting over the soup, another student walked into the classroom. Both of them looked up. Nuri, without any reason, suddenly became blushed at the moment she met eyes with the male student who just came in. 

 

He is Hwang Minhyun, the class president, the perfect one, the cold one, whatever the kids called him. He walked past them without any greetings. Daniel also never bothered to greet him. Although they were classmates, they didn’t exactly run in the same circles.

 

Kim Nuri immediately stopped being loud and gave up on trying to finish up Daniel’s seaweed soup.

 

“Hey, I’m gonna sleep for awhile.” she said in a very soft tone which left Daniel mouth wide opened.

 

Aigoo, It’s not like he doesn’t know who you are, Kim Nuri-shi! he thought. My poor bestie, do you really like him that much?

 

Yes, Daniel is right. Minhyun is well aware of Kim Nuri’s signature loud voice and carefree personality. They had been classmates since middle school. 

 

And yes, she really does like Minhyun a lot. That was since 2 years ago. She barely noticed Minhyun back when they were in Middle school. Only when they got into the same high school then she started seeing Minhyun differently.

 

Hwang Minhyun was always quiet and shy. He only focused on studying his whole life, unlike Nuri who is a carefree kind of girl. She doesn’t care about anything, anyone and never even bothered about studying or her grades. But, she is a bright girl. Without even trying too hard, she scores nearly as good as Minhyun, who is the highest rank in class. Her ranking is always in top 7.

 

Park Sua, the girl Daniel has crush on, is the second in rank. Sua came from different middle school. She is quiet competitive, and that may be because of her mom, who is the principal of this Royal Park high school. That’s why Daniel has been really careful with his feelings towards her. He didn’t want to cause any trouble for Sua. He knows how strict her mom is.