Part 5

The First Love Stories

One day, during lab session, Chemistry teacher announced that there will be a experimental lab assignment which will due in 1 month time. They were told to pair up for the groups of two. As soon as the class dismissed, Daniel approached Nuri.

 

“Nuri ah...”

 

She straight away knew something was off because he didn’t start the conversation with “Yahh” or “Hey” as usual.

 

“What?” she asked with caution in her tone.

 

“This time can I not do the assignment with you?!”

 

“Ooookay~ but why?!”

 

“I’m going to take your advice and going to ask Sua to be my partner!!”

 

“Woah~ Kang Daniel!! Good for you!!”

 

“So, we’re okay?! You’re okay, right?” he asked to be sure, since he doesn’t want to make Nuri angry or sad.

 

“I’m totally fine!! Don’t worry about me... go go!! Quick, before anyone took her!!!” she hurried him.

 

“Okay~ you’re the best, Kim Nuri!!”

 

He waved at her as he ran off to catch up Park Sua. Nuri is left smiling.

 

Woah~ my little Daniel is growing up!! she thought.

 

 

That night, Hwang Minhyun is checking out the school website to sign up for chemistry lab assignment. He came across Daniel’s name. Without a need to guess he believed Daniel would be partners with Kim Nuri. But shockingly, he found out that Daniel is partners with Park Sua.

 

“What?!” he muttered, “did they have a  fight? Can’t be! Just saw them talking after the lab today.”

 

Then, he scrolled down to check Nuri and found that she hasn’t partnered up with anyone yet. He wondered why.

 

 

The next day at school, Nuri was asking around some girls she knows, to be her lab partner but to her disappointment, those girls already got themselves a partner. She gave up, thinking to just ask the teacher to pair her up with someone.

 

After the lunch, when she walked out of the cafeteria, she was grabbed and dragged away by 3 girls from a different classroom of the same grade. 

 

“Hey! What are you doing?!” Nuri shouted.

 

“Just shut up and follow us” the girl, who is leading the way and not grabbing her arms, said.

 

“Get your hands off me!!” Nuri demanded, shaking off their grips.

 

But the girls hold her arms tighter and dragged her to the staircase leading to the rooftop.

 

“Okay okay! I can go up by myself!!” Nuri said.

 

“Release her!” the girl at the front, who seems to be in control, said.

 

The two girls released Nuri and stood behind her. 

 

“Follow me!” the commander in chief ordered. 

 

Nuri gave her a dirty look then followed her without a choice.

 

They arrived at the rooftop, 3 girls cornered Nuri at the wall, standing with their arms crossed.

 

“What do you guys want?!” she asked rebelliously.

 

“Let us get this straight. Are you or are you not Kang Daniel’s girlfriend?!” the leader girl asked.

 

Nuri couldn’t help but laughed out loud.

 

“Hahahaha!!” then she took a look at the girl’s name tag, “look here, Jung Mina-shi, I don’t think I’m obligated to tell you anything.”

 

That clearly makes the girl angry.

 

“You don’t want to give an answer when we’re being nice, do you?”

 

“This is your definition of being nice?!! Grabbing me and dragging me against my will?!”

 

“You’re lucky we only did that much...!!” she said in a superior way.

 

“Woah, thanks guys!!” she said sarcastically, “Can I go now?!”.

 

She tried to walk out but being pushed back against the wall by the other two girls.

 

“Hey, hands off me!!” Nuri snapped.

 

“You haven’t answered my question, what’s your relationship with Kang Daniel?” Jung Mina asked again.

 

“Did you guys just transferred here yesterday, huh?! How come you don’t know what everybody knows ??”

 

“Don’t beat around the bush Kim Nuri!! I need solid answer.”

 

“Well, I’m not giving.”

 

Nuri’s triggering answers had awaken the beast in Mina. She slowly walked towards Nuri, with her minions following behind. Nuri was just standing there and glaring back at Mina.

 

Mina reached out for Nuri’s head and started patting while saying, “Should I or should I not pull out all your pretty hair?” with an evil smile on her face.

 

Nuri lifted her hand to push away Mina’s hand but her hand got caught halfway by one of the other girls before she could do anything. They restrained her.

 

“Should I or should I not?!” Mina said, Nuri’s hair. 

 

Nuri was shaking with anger. She continued glaring at Mina and also, at the same time, struggling to shake them off. Mina grabbed a handful of Nuri’s hair in her firm grip.

 

“Ah!” Nuri let out a sound in pain.

 

Before Mina can really pull out Nuri’s hair...

 

“Kim Nuri!!”

 

They heard a deep voice called out Nuri’s name. All of them look at the direction where the voice came, Mina still holding Nuri’s hair in her hand. 

 

A guy is standing at the corner of the other end of the rooftop and looking at them.

 

That guy was Hwang Minhyun...

 

...

 

..

 

.

 

~ to be continued ~