Part 3

The First Love Stories

On a Sunday morning around 11, Daniel woke up at the sound of the bell ring. Someone’s at the door.

 

It must be Nuri, he thought and took his time getting out of bed. The bell rang for the second time.

 

“Coming coming!” he shouted as he climbing down the stairs. “What’s the rush~” he mumbled.

 

He opened the door and shocked when he sees the person standing at the door, that was Park Sua.

 

“Annyeong!” she greeted.

 

He couldn’t speak for a minute. Staring at her. Now look at him, just got out of bed with his pajamas on and the hair is a bird’s nest.

 

“Ahh... annyeong ~” the words came out.

 

“Sorry if I woke you up, but it’s nearly lunchtime.” her apology is more like a judging statement. But he didn’t even noticed that.

 

“It’s okay. It’s cool. No problem!” he replied thinking, what the hell I’m blabbering about?!

 

“Okay! Anyway, I came here to ask for your notes from the day I couldn’t come to school.”

 

“Oh! Monday right?! May I ask why you didn’t come?” he was curious since then and now, he got the chance to ask.

 

“You see, I always got sick the day after I moved into a new house. So, my mom made me to stay at home and take a rest.”

 

“I see. Yeah, it’s the best to stay home and rest when you’re sick. So, are you feeling better now?”

 

“Yeah. All better. Thanks for asking.”

 

He smiled.

 

“So.... the notes?” she asked because he kept staring at her smiling.

 

“Ah right. I don’t have it.”

 

“Oh...”

 

“But!!! My friend got all the notes. Her notes are the best.” he said in a very proud tone.

 

“Your friend? Kim Nuri?!”

 

“Yes!! That’s her!”

 

“Okay, better than nothing...”

 

“Cool~ I’ll pass it to you in the afternoon.” he said.

 

“That fast?”

 

“Yea~ cuz she’s coming over today”

 

“Oh I see~”

 

“No no!! We were just going to play video games and study...” he quickly explained.

 

“Was I implying otherwise?!” she asked raising one eyebrow.

 

“Ahh no, I just didn’t want you to misunderstand..” he replied.

 

“Ookkayyy~” she said, “then, I’ll be going now...”

 

“Okay, see ya~” he waved as she went back into her house across the street.

 

He went back inside the house to get his phone and quickly called Nuri. He told her to bring along all her notes because Sua needs it.

 

“What? So I need to get back to my house to take them?!!” she shouted.

 

“Please please... pretty please!!” he begged.

 

“But, I’m halfway to you!!”

 

“I will buy you a meal. Very nice meal.” he bribed her.

 

“Make it 3!!”

 

“Okay. 3 super nice meals!!”

 

“Fine! I’m going back.”

 

“Thank you so much!! You’re the best!”

 

She hangs up then cursed at him to her heart’s content.

 

When Nuri reached his house, she could notice that he was still smiling like a fool and also already groomed himself real nice. She took out her notes and passed to him. He thanked her over and over again then ran out to give the notes to Sua.

 

She wished Daniel good luck then went up to 2nd floor living room where the game station is. She could see him at Sua’s door, waiting for Sua, from the 2nd floor window.

 

“Aigooo~ your teeth might caught cold in this weather if you keep on smiling, Daniel-shi...” she mumbled.

 

Sua came to the door and Daniel passed her the notes. Then they were talking. Nuri lost interest and sat down on the sofa to use her phone. Checking out sns updates. Especially looking for Minhyun’s updates.

 

“This alien seriously uses his sns once in a blue moon only, is it?” she’s frustrated to find that there’s no new post on Minhyun’s wall.

 

“Nevermind, I’ll just enjoy your old photos. Mwahaha~”

 

She started browsing back the photos he uploaded 3 months ago during his trip to Jeju with his sister and giggling like a fool. Then, to her horror, she accidentally clicked favorite on one of his photos.

 

“Ohhh tt!!! What have I done!!”

...

...

...