Chapter 9

The Red: Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yo, Minyeo! Good mor— Ya! You okay?” Johnny suddenly aware of the silence Haeyoung. She didn’t say anything as she ignoring Johnny’s question. She walked to dining table where Mark and Taeyong already on their own place. The two were looking at Johnny, silently throwing a look on him. He was shrugging, not really knew the reason on her behavior.

She laid her head on dining table, next to her plate.

Next to her, Mark was moving his chair closer to her. He touched her forehead and her neck to check her temperature. “Haeyoung-ah, are you okay?” Mark asked softly. He her hair lovingly as his face showed how concern he was toward the younger girl.

“I feel so dizzy. And cold.”

“You can stay at home.”

She shook her head slowly. She straightened on her seat and turned the plate. Without word, Taeyong took her plate and put the food on her plate. The breakfast that day was so quiet. No bickering and so on. The three men were being really aware on her condition. That was the second time she fell sick.

Haeyoung was rarely sick. She had best immunity. All of them. But why? It was only days from the last time she fell sick.

Mark put his chopstick down next to his plate. He closed his eyes before he looked at Haeyoung again. His face was serious.

“Did you over work yourself again, Hae?”

The girl shook her head.

“Look at my eyes and tell me what’s happening.”

Haeyoung complied his request without protest. Mark always did the same thing to interrogate them. They could never lie when Mark already looking into their eyes. His sharp eyes could never be fooled.

After like forever, Mark finally end the starring game. “You go with me to the school.” Mark said and it’s final. Haeyoung ready to protest but his poker face when he looked at her was answering her before she could even said a word. He clearly closed the discussion.

Minutes later after Taeyong and Johnny off to school by bus, Mark maneuvered his sport car to the road. Next to him, Haeyoung leaned on the backrest silently. Usually, she was so hyper. It was kinda strange for Mark to see this powerless Haeyoung.

He her hair again. He didn’t know but beside worry, he also finding her situation kind of funny. Haeyoung looked like a small harmless kitten. Although he felt pity toward the girl, he also found it cute to have her in that state. Never in years had Haeyoung ever showed her weakness. Since that day, Haeyoung always tried to be strong and stronger every day. She never showed any weakness nor pain.

She always acted strong and all smiley. It made him worry sometimes that everything would take a toll on her someday. And he could never be ready to face that day. The day when he could’ve lost her forever.

She’s a sister for him. The person beside the boys that he would readily to sacrifice his own life when she’s in danger, just to save her.

He sighed.

“Aigoo. My poor little thing. We are going to your brother after your weekly test end, okay?”

“Mm-hmm.”

Mark parked the car in the parking lot. He was helping the younger girl to bring her bag to her class. But on the half way, a teacher called him to come over. He groaned.

“This is so—”

“I’m fine, ge. I can go to my own class. The bell is almost ring anyway.”

“But—”

“Pres?”

The two shifted their eyes to the voice deep voice. Behind her, Sehun, Baekhyun, Kai, and Chanyeol were standing tall. They were smiling brightly toward her but flattering when Mark threw a glare on them. Chanyeol cleared his throat.

For the first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter