Chapter 7

The Red: Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haeyoung’s hand full with foods, chocolates, and even her favourite banana milks. Behind her, Johnny and Taeyong brought flower and some foods. They weren’t expecting those gift once they were stepping on the school.

It was only one day and the whole school heard about her being sick. And there, when they were coming to school, people just gave her gifts one by one.

Johnny popped a kimbab into his mouth.

“Hmm, this kimbab is good. But why they gave you gifts as if you save this country?!”

Haeyoung smiled smugly. She opened and then Johnny feed her the kimbab he ate. She scowl. “Why did you give me your leftover?!” She kicked his shin hard. Johnny hissed in pain as he crouched down to rub his sore shin.

“Ow! You must be honoured to eat some piece of food from me.”

Haeyoung stopped at the door. She looked at her table with amusement. She was eyeing bunches of chocolates and the other sweets. She held her chest dramatically.

“I’m so touched. But.... why sweets? Glucose, glucose, glucose. Aigoo. Are they helping me to get diabetes?” She looked at her classmates. “Take some, guys! One person get one, okay?” Everyone cheered happily. She sighed and threw her bag on the chair. She sat on her chair with a loud thud. Taeyong just calmly took his seat next to her and Johnny behind her.

Jungah walked to her table with a box of lunch. She placed it on her table before a thick chemistry book followed.

“You are really fine, right? We surprise that you can get sick.”

“I’m fine now! I can beat Johnny to the pulp if I want to.” Johnny just kicked her chair. The girl turned backward grudgingly. Taeyong, being the saint one in front of everyone, forced her head turned to face Jungah again.

Jungah chuckled. Yes. The day just started.

Haeyoung was eyeing the box. From the smell, she knew Jungah cooked her favourite dish. Overall, Jungah was the best cook.

“This is for me, right?” Jungah nodded. Happy to see her friend is being excited. “And I believe this is not free.”

Jungah smiled sheepishly. She opened the chemistry book and showed Haeyoung what kind of help she need from Haeyoung.

“I don’t understand this one. Please help me.”

Haeyoung stuck a straw on her banana milk. She on it while silently looking at the difficulties that Jungah had. She nodded, understand the problems in a matter of second. She took out different colour of pen and started to write something.

After she done, she gave the book back and started to explain everything for Jungah in a slow pace. Jungah clapped her hands happily as she finally understood it. She felt thankful that Haeyoung getting better so fast and helped her to solved her problems.

“Thank you, Haeyoung-ah!”

“You are welcome. Just come to me if you need any help.”

Just then, Sehun and the other came. Just before the bell rang. Haeyoung stood up from her chair, so do with Johnny and Taeyong. She didn’t forget to take the chocolates and gave it one by one to the four.

“Oh, you’re already fine, pres?”

“I am! Thank you for asking, Chanyeol.”

“Why you give us chocolate?” Kai asked, eyeing the girl weirdly. She just grinned sheepishly.

“Not me. It was from everyone. I just got too much so I share. Sharing is caring.”

The four’s eyes were settled on her table. They found bunches of chocolates, flowers, banana milks, and everything. They blinked. She must be so popular to get those all.

“Ya! Minyeo! Ppalliwa!” Johnny’s voice hollered from the entrance. She rolled her eyes in annoyance. A second later, an arm circled around her neck and pulled her away from the boys. Taeyong looked forward while Haeyoung struggled to look backward and wave at them cheerfully.

“You are being too nice again to stranger.” Taeyong said in a deep voice.  

She pouted. “I’m a nice person! Beside, I’m class and student body president. I shouldn’t treat students differently.”

“I understand. But this one, I have a feeling that they are going to be nothing but trouble. Just be careful and stay on the safe distance.”

Taeyong didn’t say anything anymore. The whole period, Haeyoung were starring on Sehun’s head from backward. She tried to read and digest everything. She tried to reasoning on why Taeyong suddenly behaving like that. She tried to think h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter