Her Smile

Addicted To Your Smile
As Mina and i joined the rest of the girls, Mina moved away from me in an instant and joined Jihyo.
 
We had booked one of those big cars for the journey which had three compartments to sit in, the last compartment having two seats facing each other, with a seating capacity of four people.
 
I stood outside the car not knowing what to do.
 
The front seat was taken by Jihyo.
 
The middle seat was taken by Tzuyu, Sana and Momo.
 
The last two seats were taken by Dahyun, Mina and Jeongyeon.
 
 
There was vacancy for one person in the middle row and the last rows but I really didn't want to sit with Jeongyeon and Mina because of the events that had taken place so far throughout the day.
 
As I opened the door to sit in the middle row, Nayeon pushed me aside and rushed into the car.
 
I gave her a death stare.
 
"Oh- sorry kid. I didn't mean to push you. You can sit at the back," she said and shut the door.
 
 
I was filled with anxiety.
 
I dug my fingernails into my palm and stood there outside the door.
 
"Come on in, chaeyoung," Dahyun called me from inside.
 
 
I walked towards the door with short, quick, nervous steps and while getting inside, I hit my head against the edge of the door.
 
"Are you alright?" Mina asked me, with a serious yet concerned tone.
 
I nodded and sat down next to Dahyun, opposite to Jeongyeon.
 
 
I couldn't gather up the courage to make eye contact with her, and so i stared down at my feet and tapped my right foot continuously.
 
Jeongyeon knew I did this foot tapping thing whenever I was anxious or nervous.
 
 
She brought her foot close to mine, and brought our toes in contact.
 
I looked up at her as she stared at me with a cold look.
 
I gave her a nervous smile. She smiled back.
 
The ride began.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"So, are we going for a long drive?" Sana asked.
 
"Yes, sana. Let's see where we end up," Jihyo replied.
 
 
After a drive of about 30 minutes, there was complete silence in the backseat.
 
Dahyun got impatient.
 
"Why is everyone so quiet? Did you guys see something bad?" She laughed, thinking it was a joke.
 
Tzuyu turned towards the backseat and shook her head as she gave me a concerned smile.
 
 
"No, you're right Dahyun. We're too quiet... let's play a game of rapid fire?" Jeongyeon asked enthusiastically.
 
 
I wanted to slam my head against the door because I knew I had a bad habit of blurting out the wrong stuff at the wrong time.
 
I tightened my fist and slightly rolled my eyes.
 
 
"Let's begin with chaeyoung! I ask, you answer!" Dahyun said.
 
 
I gave her a long death stare in reality, but in my brain, I had already choked her for putting me into trouble.
 
"Uh-" I said, and hesitantly, Dahyun started off with her 'rapid fire' game.
 
"Alright! Blue or pink?"
 
"Uh- blue..?"
 
"Cheese or chocolate?"
 
"Chocolate um..."
 
"Sketching or colouring?"
 
"Colouring!" 
 
We had gotten quite deep into the game by now, and I was confident with all my quick answers, but suddenly...
 
"Jeongyeon or me-"
 
"Mina!"
 
I answered before she could even finish her question.
 
I never thought she would ask between Jeongyeon and her, I abruptly said Mina, and caused an awkward situation.
 
 
Mina looked at me.
 
Jeongyeon raised one eyebrow and stared at me.
 
Dahyun moved a bit backwards, and stared at me with a questioning look.
 
I felt humiliated to the utmost level.
 
 
"Uh... Ji-jihyo, can you please pass me the water?" I asked.
 
"You have water in your bag already, Chaeyoung," Jihyo pointed out, increasing this moment of humiliation for me a bit more.
 
 
To my surprise, instead of getting angry, Mina flashed a big smile at me.
 
Once again, the smile exposed her little teeth and cute gums and her eyes turned into crescent shapes.
 
I looked at her and unknowingly, smiled as well.
 
Dahyun understood the issue and nudged me. 
 
I was brought back to reality.
 
 
But Mina's smile was still stuck in my head.