Thoughts

Addicted To Your Smile
After a few hours, I sat down to watch some television.
 
By the time I was done, I looked up at the wall clock, as the hour hand gently caressed the tenth milestone and the minute hand stopped at the twelfth milestone. 
 
In short, it was 10 PM, time for me to sleep.
 
 
I turned the television off and eased myself onto my bed.
 
I turned the light off and slowly shut my eyes.
 
As soon as I closed my eyes, the voices inside my head spoke to me.
 
 
-- Hey Mina, why did you do that? What were you thinking??
 
 
-- Do what?
 
 
-- Why did you tell Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung that you had a girlfriend in Japan when you clearly did not??
 
 
-- Well, it's not like you don't know... You know damn well that I love them both, don't you?
 
 
-- Of course I do... You should have just went with one of them though...
 
 
-- I couldn't. They were both equally special to me. Jeongyeon was caring and kind and she knew how to make me smile.
Chaeyoung, on the other hand, was naïve yet loveable; and sometimes, charming...
 
I didn't want to lose either of them.
 
And you wanna know something else?
 
 
-- Yeah?
 
 
-- I knew that I had created a barrier between them, I had destroyed their friendship. It made me feel guilty.
 
It used to hurt me just as much as it used to hurt them. I didn't want two friends to get separated because of me.
 
 
-- But didn't you hurt them more by leaving them?
 
 
-- No, stupid. I made them AND myself happier.
 
If I hadn't loved them both truly, I would've broken their friendship and gotten with one of them.
 
But I decided to save their friendship to bring happiness back into their lives; I sacrificed for love. 
 
And I'm pretty sure the end results will turn out well.
 
 
-- That's so thoughtful... But what about you now?
 
 
-- Oh, I'm sure destiny will hold something precious for me as well. I've got a lot of time.
 
 
I opened my eyes and smiled at the ceiling.
 
I let out a satisfied sigh and shut my eyes to go back to sleep again. 
 
I did have quite a long day ahead tomorrow!