Next Morning

Addicted To Your Smile
The next day, I woke up way too early at 6:00AM. 
 
I couldn't sleep well all night due to the incident that took place last night, however I did get a little sleep time.
 
I opened my eyes and stared at the little, neat, white wall clock opposite to the hotel bed. 
 
I tried to shut my eyes and go back to sleep, but nothing helped. I knew that no one else would wake up before 7:30 or 8:00AM.
 
I knew nothing would work any sooner, so I slowly got off the bed, slipped my feet into my slippers and went out of the room to roam around the hotel corridor.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The hotel corridor was well organized with modern paintings on the glazed peach walls. 
 
I walked ahead. The floor was shiny and clean.
 
There, a few steps away, was the huge glass window which showed the scene outside; well around the hotel premises.
 
I stood by the glass window and looked outside at the already busy outdoors.
 
The hotel premises were empty, but the road was already hustling with cars and people. 
I was lost in thought.
 
 
Suddenly, I heard one of the hotel room doors open. I turned around and saw Jeongyeon, stepping out with fuzzy slipper and messy hair.
 
"You're up too? Why??" She asked.
 
"I wasn't feeling sleepy," I smiled.
 
 
She walked up to me and put her hand around my shoulder. 
 
I looked at her.
 
"So," I began, "are Mina and you still close?"
 
She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.
 
"Obviously we are! Why would you think otherwise?" she asked.
 
"I thought complicated feelings usually created a barrier between two friends," I blurted out, without thinking.
 
 
Jeongyeon looked at me for a few seconds.
 
"Well," she said, "sometimes those complicated feelings, if mutual, can bring two people closer as well."
 
 
I felt like an arrow had been passed through my chest that very moment.
 
Something stung me hard on the inside.
 
I looked at her and hesitantly said, "I'll leave now... Sana and Dahyun might get worried if they don't see me in the room. Bye!" and I left the spot.
 
 
I knew I was right all along.
 
 
Mina had feelings for Jeongyeon, not me.
 
I was chasing something I would never achieve.