Vulnerable

What To Do Now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt like being pulled in ten different directions at once.  

Namjoon cradled Chin's shoulder, keeping a firm grip on her waist as her body racked up in sobs and gasps. Part of him wanted to run after Sung Jae and beat the out of the . Part of him wanted to shake Chin and demand that she stop crying over someone who wasn't worth a strand of her hair. Part of him felt helpless; he knew his friend was hurting, and all he could manage was keeping her face from falling on the floor.  

He spotted a set of keys that lay forgotten near the door. He freed one hand and grabbed it, reaching one long arm to insert it into the doorknob. Mercifully, it unlocked on the first try.  

He slid his arm under Chin's legs and scooped her up, carrying her inside the apartment. It looked exactly the same as it did the last time he was there with the members: the bare, muted beige walls still lacked any decoration, and her shelves were still stacked to the hilt with books, save for one framed photo of her, the managers, and the members, taken 2 years ago.  

He could barely feel her weight as he strode to her bedroom. She needed to calm down and rest—Namjoon started to seriously worry about her condition. This could not be good for the baby. He didn't need to read a damn book to know that.  

The door was slightly ajar. He gently kicked it open, careful not to hit the frame with Chin's legs as he brought her in.  

He gently laid her on the bed, crouching down to check for any signs that warranted a trip to the hospital. Her chest was still heaving from crying, and tears were still flowing from her reddened eyes. She curled her legs against herself.  

Namjoon felt his blood begin to boil again. He had never really been a violent person, but that bastard should be scraping off his jaw from the pavement by now.  

His phone rang from inside his pocket--he suddenly remembered that the members were waiting for him downstairs. He started to stand up so he could answer the call in the living room.  

Chin's hand suddenly grabbed onto the hem of his jacket. "P-please," she whimpered in between hiccups, her fist tightly clutching his clothing.  

Until that very moment, he didn't think it was possible to physically feel his heart break. RM gently pried her fingers one by one and intertwined them with his. "Okay," he murmured reassuringly, sitting on the edge of the bed. Chin didn't say any more, curling up even smaller but not letting his hand go. 

Namjoon used his free hand to take his phone out. It was Jin-hyung calling him. "Yoboseyeo?" 

Jin's voice was tight and cold. "I just saw him step out of Chin's building." The implications hung silently over the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter