Oppa

What To Do Now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chin stepped out of her office at exactly 7 pm.
Securing her scarf around her neck, she entered the elevator and pressed the button for the lobby. She found herself frowning at her own reflection on the doors as they slid close.


She looked like a blob of black: black hair, black blouse, black pants, black shoes, black scarf, and black coat. But it was what she was used to: the unspoken uniform of the staff who surrounded the BTS members so they wouldn’t stand out and take any attention away from the idols. She liked it this way. She always wore black, regardless; less time weeping over what to wear each morning.

Today, though, she was paler, and she looked as worn out as she felt. She knew she was going to have to be more conscious of her health for the sake of the baby. She'd have to ask the doctor tomorrow if she needed supplements. 


The paracetamol surprisingly worked wonders on her migraine. And now that she had a clearer, pain-free head, she could spend time with actual people rather than the beige walls in her office, or the white ones in her apartment. She’d remember to thank Yoongi later.


Reaching the first floor, she smiled politely at the receptionist and the few employees on their way out of the BigHit building. She sat down on one of the sofa seats at the lobby, taking her phone out of her black leather bag. Chin opened her messaging app. 


Jin-hyung, I’ll wait for you here at the front desk. Let me know when to come out.


Her phone vibrated a few seconds later.


Miahne, Chin-ah. 2 mins please - Jin-oppa


Jin-oppa? Chi reread the last bit of the text message, surprised. She couldn’t remember the last time she addressed Jin as her oppa—in fact, she was pretty sure she never had. She was so used to calling him hyung. It was their thing.

She bit back the little nudge of disappointment. He’d been acting strange since yesterday, and she couldn’t help but feel as if he’d been judging her.


Was that it? Was he judging me? she surmised, dejected. Or was that pity?


A light tap on her shoulder snapped her out of her internal battle. She looked up, and met Hoseok’s smiling eyes. “You ready?”


Walking towards them were the other six members, oblivious to the admiring and frankly starstruck eyes of the people still in the building. Heck, even the guard was staring openly at the group.

They were a handsome sight, this bunch. 


Chin found herself scanning each face for any traces of feeling sorry for her. She found none, but it did little to ease the apprehension in her stomach.

Her eyes landed on Jin.


His handsome face has a soft smile on it, but she still couldn’t read his eyes. It was as if she was looking at a brand new person. He seemed ol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter