You'll Be Fine

What To Do Now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chin massaged her temples, fighting back the urge to bang her head against the small pile of paperwork on her desk. She'd been perusing her emails and checking on the comeback and music video concept reports from the BTS team and migraine decided to pay her a visit.  

She was yet to experience morning sickness, but the pounding in her brain was actually making her wish for it instead of the insistent throbbing behind her eyes. She knew her body was withdrawing from her going cold turkey on her usual rust-breaking morning, afternoon, and evening coffee, but she wouldn't dare touch another cup. It wasn't good for the baby.  

Neither was diving headfirst to work like there's no tomorrow, but it helped. Chin wanted her head clear all throughout her...ordeal. And working keeps unnecessary thoughts at bay. If she didn't have time to cry and mope, she wouldn't. Squeezing her eyes shut, she leaned back against her chair and willed the pain to go away.  

Two short knocks broke the blessed silence, and they reverberated through her head. Chin winced. "Yeah?"  

Her door opened, and a head of blindingly blonde hair popped through. "Yo." 

Chin smiled as best as she could. "Yoongi-oppa. What's up?" 

The Bangtan member shrugged, quietly closing the door behind him. "I forgot something in the studio so I stopped by. Might as well check up on you." He perched on the corner edge of her desk, taking in the dim lights. "How can you work like this? It's so dark." 

Chin grimaced. "I have a massive headache." 

The rapper frowned, jutting his chin at her open laptop. "That's going to make it worse. You should take a break today."  

"It's fine. If I stop working I'll end up focusing on this damn migraine." 

Yoongi clicked his tongue in disapproval. "Your kid is going to be as hard headed as the eomma," he remarked, shaking his head.  

Chin's shoulders tensed, but she forced herself to take it in stride. Knowing Yoongi, he was trying to help her normalize the situation by talking about the baby nonchalantly. This member didn't show affection as excessively as the others in the group, but years of knowing him taught her he showed his care for everyone in his own way. Admonishing her like an old ahjussi was his go-to. 

Yoongi stood up, yawning. "Have you eaten?" 

Chin shook her head and immediately regretted it. Her pounding brain was trying to kill her from the inside, she was sure of that. "No. It's fine, I'll eat later. I don’t think I can go anywhere right now.” 

The other nodded. "Okay." He padded to her door and disappeared into the hallway, leaving her alone once again.  

Chin didn't mind his abrupt departure. Yoongi was not one to dabble in small talk anyway; he came and left as he pleased, and they were comfortable enough with each other to do away with greetings and preambles. She closed her eyes again, breathing deeply. It was nice of him to drop by. 

 

----- 

 

Yoongi sighed, slipping the USB into his pocket. He got what he came for, and he had the whole day to himself, courtesy of their rare day off. He'd normally be the last person to be up and about during times like this, but it would bug him to no end knowing that his flash drive (containing most of his unfinished work) was sitting vulnerable on the studio's desk. At least he got to say hi to Chin.  

His steps faltered. She seemed better than she did yesterday, disposition-wise. But she had a migraine and that couldn't be good.  

"Aish," he muttered, swiveling his heels and turning back to the building. He jogged back to the elevators and pressed the button for the second floor.  

He pushed his tongue against the inner wall of his cheek, wondering what he could get at the cafeteria that won't upset Chin's stomach. The bell dinged, and he stepped out, heading towards the company's dining hall. He hadn't stepped in that area for God knows how long, and he was aware of the handful of surprised looks from other BigHit employees who saw him walk in. 

Making a beeline for the counter, he surveyed the displayed array of food and raised his hand briefly to get the attendant's attention. "Noona," he called out, smiling politely at the startled staff. He smirked internally. A few years ago people wouldn't give him a second glance in the same place. 

"N-ne, Suga-ssi?" the attendant stuttered. He could see her face redden. 

He held his smile in place. "What would you recommend for a pregnant person?" 

The girl's eyes widened. "Ne?!" 

Aigoo. "My friend needs to eat, but she's got a headache." He didn't feel the need to explain further.  

One of the older staff fortunately noticed and walked over to them. "Is it the morning sickness? Aigoo, that can be pretty rough. Some soup will be better for her and some vegetables. Something light." She ushered the younger attendant aside and grabbed some microwavable containers. "I'll get you some to go. And get some crackers too. That will help with the throwing up." 

Yoongi frowned. He hadn't even considered that part of her pregnancy. Chin didn't mention feeling sick. "Kamsahamnida, ahjumma. Yes, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter