Pandora’s Box

What To Do Now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin knew staring at his phone wasn’t going to make it do the work for him, but he’d been at it for at least 30 minutes and he still couldn’t decide whether to call or not. What would he say?  Would it be weird to start doing that now? He never really called Chin unless it was about work, even before. If they hung out, they hung out. And the last time they did that was quite a while back. 


Ah what the hell. He tapped on her contact name and propped the phone against his ear. He was not going to think about why his heart was hammering against his ribs. 


It rang three times. Click. “Yoboseyeo?”


He cleared his throat a little too loudly. “It’s Jin,” he coughed out. “Seokjin.”


She gave a little laugh. “I know, hyung. You need anything?“


He cringed. That wasn’t so smooth. “How are you?”


There was a pause before she answered. “Better, actually. I had a migraine this morning—scratch that, I still have a migraine. But Yoongi gave me some medicine and we ate lunch.”


Jin’s brows shot up. “Yoongi was there with you?” he didn’t even know his dongsaeng left the dorm. 


“Yeah. He said he forgot something at the studio so he dropped by.”


He didn’t know why he was annoyed, but he was. “He shouldn’t be giving you any medicine. He’s not a doctor. Did you call your doctor? Do you even have a doctor?” he glanced at the wall clock. 3 pm. “Do you want to go to a doctor? I can pick you up—”


“Whoa whoa,” Chin cut him off, chuckling. “Chill. I’m alright. I’ll be going to the doctor tomorrow. Don’t worry about it.”


Jin frowned. They had a schedule tomorrow morning. “You have someone with you? What time?”


“Why are you asking that too? 2 pm. I’ll be fine. I’m a big girl and I can go by myself,” she answered patiently.


He could almost see her roll her eyes. Wait. “Too?“


“Yoongi was asking the same thing.”


He gripped his phone tighter. Since when did Yoongi become so... proactive? Jin huffed out a disgruntled breath. They did have something on their calendar, so he most likely won’t be able to accompany her.


Ya. Why on earth am I even thinking of going with her? he asked himself, startled. Going to an OB-Gyn clinic with a pregnant woman was a recipe for disaster for an idol like him. One photo and things will be blown out of proportion. What was he thinking?


He trampled down the feeling of disappointment that crept up on his insides. Why was he even picturing himself with Chin, listening to the baby’s heartbeat and looking at ultrasound pictures? He’d been watching too many k-dramas. He was not ready for all that. 


“Jin-hyung?”


Jin nearly dropped the phone. “Mianhe,” he quickly apologized, clearing his throat again. He was so glad none of the members were in the living room to see his ears turn twenty shades of red. “Do you wanna go out and get dinner later? So you don’t have to cook tonight.”


“Sure. What time?”


“I can pick you up at 7,” he suggested, trying not to smile too widely.


“Great. It’ll be good to hang out with everyone tonight.”


Jin’s smile froze. Of course she thought they were having dinner. ‘They’ being everyone. “Uh, of course. Yeah. Everyone. Sure.”


“Something wrong, hyung?”


He suddenly hated being called that. It was thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter